Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pre Draft Schedule Predictions « previous next »
Page: 1 2

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 19, 2013, 01:20:28 PM

I think that they lose to 2 opponents that seem a little less talented at this time(ARI, STL, PHI, DET, MIA, NYJ, or BUF).

Chance Chase Chace I have those as all wins. But it's not a stretch to think we lose some games we are favored In and win some we are favored to lose.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 19, 2013, 01:34:43 PM

Chance:  We play Phil not Wash

Brain fart...*edited* added a preseason game to the regular. I stand by the rest of that post though.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 19, 2013, 01:41:18 PM

I think that they lose to 2 opponents that seem a little less talented at this time(ARI, STL, PHI, DET, MIA, NYJ, or BUF).

Chance Chase Chace I have those as all wins. But it's not a stretch to think we lose some games we are favored In and win some we are favored to lose.

Happens to pretty much every team, every year. A supposed less talented team just shows up and plays mistake free football and pulls off an upset. Cards beating the Pats comes to mind.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#18 : April 19, 2013, 02:54:30 PM

As I have stated before in the other prediction thread - this team is somewhere between the 6-8 wins column.  If the Bucs are lucky then perhaps they can snag 9 wins which may not be enough to tip the wildcard scale this year in the NFC.

Again, reason for that is our pass rush and pass defense is simply not good enough to disrupt offenses such as NE, NO, ATL, SEA, SF (at least they are coming to TB), and to some extent CAR and DET.  Also, the lack of depth along the DL, LB, CB positions ain't gonna get it done.  Who's our starting NT and SLB this year?

On offense, we are in a bit better shape with the exception of TE position (unless TE Stocker wakes up).  I think that between WR Olgetree and WR Underwood the slot position should be covered.  Unlike popular opinion, I very much support QB Freeman as I think that he has all the tools to get the job done.  He just needs to be more confident within himself and believe in his abilities.  And as I mentioned before, I am not a supporter of the current coaching staff as I do not think they will lead this team to the playoffs much less a championship, hopefully I am wrong and will gladly eat crow if/when that day comes.

So bottomline - 6-8 wins for the Bucs 2013 season.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#19 : April 19, 2013, 03:04:22 PM

Happens to pretty much every team, every year. A supposed less talented team just shows up and plays mistake free football and pulls off an upset. Cards beating the Pats comes to mind.

Remember in 2010 the Bucs won EVERY game they were supposed to win and lost EVERY game they were supposed to lose... we ended up 10-6 and since then have added:
Daquan Bowers
Adrian Clayborn
Lavonte David
Mason Foster
Mark Barron
Dashon Goldson
Emergence of Gerald Mccoy
Doug Martin
Vincent Jackson
Carl Nicks
(Possibly) Darrelle Revis

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 19, 2013, 03:48:27 PM

Remember in 2010 the Bucs won EVERY game they were supposed to win and lost EVERY game they were supposed to lose... we ended up 10-6 and since then have added:
Daquan Bowers
Adrian Clayborn
Lavonte David
Mason Foster
Mark Barron
Dashon Goldson
Doug Martin
Vincent Jackson
Carl Nicks

Umm...forget about Detroit?

The flaw in pointing out players that we have added, is that many other teams have added talent as well. Also, the Bucs schedule this year looks to be a bit tougher than the 2010 cake schedule. The point that you are missing is that no matter how much talent or potential is on a team, any team can beat any other team at any time. So the fact that the Bucs beat most of the teams that they "should have beat" in 2010, doesn't mean that it is guaranteed that they will do so in 2013.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 19, 2013, 04:06:35 PM

I think its a pretty tough schedule. Honestly I think all teams in this league are decent. Theres really no easy wins these days. Schiano and Co better get back to work strong and learn from their mistakes last year. The roster talent now compared to our last game isnt that much better. Hopefully we either add Revis or have a plan in the draft that will help the team out now. Could be another year where this team is irrelevant. 

CanadianBuc

Starter
#22 : April 19, 2013, 04:11:11 PM

Daquan Bowers
Adrian Clayborn
Lavonte David
Mason Foster
Mark Barron
Dashon Goldson
Doug Martin
Vincent Jackson
Carl Nicks

The flaw in pointing out players that we have added, is that many other teams have added talent as well. Also, the Bucs schedule this year looks to be a bit tougher than the 2010 cake schedule. The point that you are missing is that no matter how much talent or potential is on a team, any team can beat any other team at any time. So the fact that the Bucs beat most of the teams that they "should have beat" in 2010, doesn't mean that it is guaranteed that they will do so in 2013.

I was at that Detroit game and we got "hosed" we would have won that too if is wasn't for a Offensive Pass Interference called on a TD. It wasn't even close to a penalty. We ended up losing in OT. Anyways we still went 10-6 and that game kept us out of the playoffs

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 19, 2013, 04:15:08 PM

Its been a while since 2010. Not the same team. This team has added talent yes but so has other teams. The Bucs need to improve that pass defense and offense needs to be more consistent if they want to take a step forward. Both are very much up in the air right now.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 19, 2013, 04:27:44 PM

Daquan Bowers
Adrian Clayborn
Lavonte David
Mason Foster
Mark Barron
Dashon Goldson
Doug Martin
Vincent Jackson
Carl Nicks

I was at that Detroit game and we got "hosed" we would have won that too if is wasn't for a Offensive Pass Interference called on a TD. It wasn't even close to a penalty. We ended up losing in OT. Anyways we still went 10-6 and that game kept us out of the playoffs

LOL. Yup...just checked. Both NFL.com and ESPN.com have that game as an L. That play occurred with around 9 minutes to go in the 4th on a 3rd down and goal. The Bucs had not only another shot to score a TD, but the following FG allowed them to tie the game at 17. Then the Bucs got the ball again 5-6 plays later and once again couldn't push it in for a score, so they had to settle for a FG, giving them a 20-17 lead. The "refs stole that game" is such a lame excuse. The Bucs lost that game because Stanton and Megatron did pretty much what they wanted and the Bucs D couldn't tackle Maurice Morris when they needed to. The refs stole nothing. Bad calls happen. Good teams rise above them when given the opportunity, and the Bucs didn't.
: April 19, 2013, 05:42:05 PM chace1986

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pre Draft Schedule Predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools