Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Margus Hunt DL/TE « previous next »
Page: 1

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

: April 21, 2013, 02:42:15 PM

I know I know Margus Hunt has only played DL
However when you watch him run I noticed how straight his back is. How up right and how tall he runs. Standing at 6'8"
He also does not move his upper body much when he runs. he is smooth and his stride is constant. defiantly style that all top WR have in their running.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/margus-hunt?id=2539310

watch the videos
where will he go in the draft does the bucs have a chance to get this guy

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 21, 2013, 04:19:41 PM

I like Hunt a lot at DE. I wouldn't have been upset for the Bucs to take him at #13, and I think a lot of fans will be surprised at how early he does go. I see his ceiling as a Jared Allen, maybe slightly better because he is so freakish. 38 reps at bench press with those arms is very underrated. It means that he can generate a lot of force with his hands as he gets better at using them. He was inconsistent, but he does have monster games on tape too.
: April 21, 2013, 04:40:26 PM BucsBay

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 21, 2013, 04:26:28 PM

The only reason he's not being mentioned with Ziggy Ansah is because he's already 26 years old. That's hard to overlook. I think he could have been an outstanding tight end, but he's already behind the curve, age wise, so no one is going to want to invest another 2 or 3 years for him to master a new position. He needs to be able to contribute right away.

ctymniak

Second String

#3 : April 21, 2013, 08:21:41 PM

He is very impressive unless he can play inside I don't see where his value is in the second round.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 21, 2013, 08:42:09 PM

If he's there during our 2nd round pick then we have to take the chance on him. I don't care about his age. He can still have a good 5 years in the league, and that's more than the majority of our past 2nd round picks.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Margus Hunt DL/TE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools