Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank Carradine clocks 4.75 forty at Pro Day « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

: April 20, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Tank Carradine clocks 4.75 forty at Pro Day

Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) ran a 4.75 forty at his Pro Day workout Saturday.
Carradine is just 135 days removed from reconstructive right knee surgery, so the forty time at 6-foot-4, 276 is quite impressive. It's as if he's fully recovered. Carradine can run full speed in a straight line, though he's not yet making cuts at full tilt, which is understandable. With a relentless motor and off-the-ball explosion on game tape, Carradine is a sleeper for the top-20 picks.
Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter

Hoist the Battleflag

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 20, 2013, 03:20:13 PM

PUP list potentially...

You must be accountable for your actions!

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#2 : April 20, 2013, 03:25:58 PM

While I doubt he could play at the start of the season (cutting and real stress on the knee) , yet his knee must be pretty sound for that kind of speed in a big man.

I think his injury was a non-contact injury.  For me, that is a bit of a red light.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 20, 2013, 04:15:33 PM

That's pretty darn fast for a DT.

Just for refferance, Dunn was almost hundred pounds lighter and only ran half a second quicker. Dunn ran a 4.28 or somewhere close to that in his hayday.

It may not translate to the NFL level, but that is some wheels for a big guy.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 20, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

Just for refferance, Dunn was almost hundred pounds lighter and only ran half a second quicker. Dunn ran a 4.28 or somewhere close to that in his hayday.

DT? this guy was a DE in college and most likely in the pros

@Island Bucs
his injury was noncontact but it was one of those tears where his leg got stuck in the turf. dont see how thats more of a redflag than getting rolled up on. both are just bad luck injuries

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#5 : April 20, 2013, 05:34:53 PM

Dex: You could be right.  Sometimes genetically the knees in some people aren't as strong as normal players.  If one knee goes, there is a stronger probability that the other knee could go-- (Cadillac). It is certainly not written in stone, but the odds do go up. 

When we are talking about non-contact injury, then that also raises the possibility of another injury, because a player is always running and cutting on the turf.

Though he is/was a great talent, my concern is another injury in the future. And there is a difference between being rolled up on and non-contact injury.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 20, 2013, 05:38:55 PM

Dex: You could be right.  Sometimes genetically the knees in some people aren't as strong as normal players.  If one knee goes, there is a stronger probability that the other knee could go-- (Cadillac). It is certainly not written in stone, but the odds do go up. 

When we are talking about non-contact injury, then that also raises the possibility of another injury, because a player is always running and cutting on the turf.

Though he is/was a great talent, my concern is another injury in the future. And there is a difference between being rolled up on and non-contact injury.

i get the concern but in my mind its miniscule. hes got just as much a chance of another injury as the next guy. 1 injury in a career doesnt make a guy injury prone. every DL is one play away from a knee injury. alot of time its simply bad luck and you get tangled with another guy or get rolled up. like i said he tore his knee up when his leg got caught in the turf kind of like RG3

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 20, 2013, 05:44:09 PM

@Island Bucs
his injury was noncontact but it was one of those tears where his leg got stuck in the turf. dont see how thats more of a redflag than getting rolled up on. both are just bad luck injuries

My bad, meant to say DL (including DE's though).

What I'd like to know is what the fastest 40 time was for a DL and how did his transition go from college to NFL?

My guess is that it didnt go well as some would've thought. Of course, that shouldn't count the gimmick/undersized DE's. Tank is actually in the average weight range for a DE.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 20, 2013, 05:52:43 PM

@Island Bucs

What I'd like to know is what the fastest 40 time was for a DL and how did his transition go from college to NFL?

My guess is that it didnt go well as some would've thought. Of course, that shouldn't count the gimmick/undersized DE's. Tank is actually in the average weight range for a DE.

For DT, Sapp ran 4.69.  I believe that was the fastest. 

You must be accountable for your actions!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 20, 2013, 05:55:29 PM

Dunn ran a 4.47.  Fast but not Chris Johnson fast.  But he did run the. 100 meters in the low 10s. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 20, 2013, 05:57:43 PM

@Island Bucs

For DT, Sapp ran 4.69.  I believe that was the fastest.

I remember him doing well, but a 4.69? Damn.

I'd like to count that one, but he bulked up once in the nfl if I remember correctly?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 20, 2013, 06:01:03 PM

@Island Bucs

Tank is what id call ideal size for a 4-3 DE just a hair under 6'5 and 275 lbs.

i dont remember Sapp running that fast but you could be right

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 20, 2013, 06:04:04 PM

Good for him.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 20, 2013, 06:29:13 PM

I wonder what this means for his draft status. I just read an article that he ran in the 4.6 range before the injury and that he's still not cutting, but that speed is a pretty good indication that he's on the right path to recovery. Where was he projected to go before getting hurt?

I always hate it when guys get hurt so badly so close to reaching the NFL.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 20, 2013, 08:51:00 PM

pro day 40. I would bet anything that he wouldn't run a 4.75 if he went to the NFL combine. Pro day 40s are always faster.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank Carradine clocks 4.75 forty at Pro Day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools