Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gold: Aren't you glad you didn't listen to Glenn Beck? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: April 21, 2013, 11:34:53 AM

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/15/investing/gold-prices-china/index.html

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 21, 2013, 11:38:48 AM

We had a couple of guys at my office leave to go work for a gold buying place about 3 months ago. They're all try.ing to come back now. Commodities are a harsh mistress.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 21, 2013, 03:55:15 PM

When did Beck starting talking about buying gold - when it was around $600 an ounce?  I don't expect the OP to be able to answer this question, because he's an effin' moron.  But most people will be able to do the math on this one.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 21, 2013, 08:34:46 PM

A favorite FOX NEWS commercial -

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 21, 2013, 09:45:18 PM

A favorite FOX NEWS commercial -
LOL - yea, Rosland sends in money and Fox plays their commercials - you've got them red handed...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 22, 2013, 08:10:41 PM

LOL - yea, Rosland sends in money and Fox plays their commercials (after their news organization spends months encouraging its viewers to buy gold) - you've got them red handed...

yes I do

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 22, 2013, 09:43:18 PM

LOL - yea, Rosland sends in money and Fox plays their commercials (after their news organization spends months encouraging its viewers to buy gold) - you've got them red handed...

yes I do

Kind of like how Obama ran all those adds on the other networks after their news organizations spent months telling their viewers to vot for him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 22, 2013, 10:00:38 PM

yes I do

Kind of like how Obama ran all those adds on the other networks after their news organizations spent months telling their viewers to vot for him.
Geez Morgan - have you seen Fox though its' hosts recommend to their viewers that gold purchases are wise investments?  Have you seen such actions?
: April 22, 2013, 10:08:29 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 23, 2013, 12:30:19 PM

yes I do

ANYONE on this board that would take financial advice from Morgan is a candidate for a lobotomy.  I started paying attention to Glenn Beck's gold recommendations when gold was about $700/oz, made a large purchase when it was in the high $800s and another large purchase once it broke $1,000/oz.  I am damn glad I listened to Glenn Beck.  Morgan never tells the whole story.  He picks out the most negative detail to spin the story to his far left liberal point of view.  I really doubt this clown even knows what a $20 Saint Gaudens gold coin looks like.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 23, 2013, 12:43:22 PM

yes I do

ANYONE on this board that would take financial advice from Morgan is a candidate for a lobotomy.  I started paying attention to Glenn Beck's gold recommendations when gold was about $700/oz, made a large purchase when it was in the high $800s and another large purchase once it broke $1,000/oz.  I am damn glad I listened to Glenn Beck.  Morgan never tells the whole story.  He picks out the most negative detail to spin the story to his far left liberal point of view.  I really doubt this clown even knows what a $20 Saint Gaudens gold coin looks like.

I'm pretty sure Morgana's dumbazz has no idea how bad she stepped in it when she started this thread.  I'm sure it will be locked soon.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 23, 2013, 01:34:32 PM

thread seems to have struck a nerve with the rightwingnut whackjobs - condolences to those of you who blindly followed the advice of Beck and other Fox News members.......hopefully you left some funds in your portfolios investing in America (American businesses) and have made up for your losses through those investments.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 23, 2013, 01:41:38 PM

You're right Morgan. I feel a right schmuck buying it at $700 and selling it at $2k. If only I had a balanced portfolio I would have been OK.

Oh wait, I do!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 23, 2013, 01:43:36 PM

You're right Morgan. I feel a right schmuck buying it at $700 and selling it at $2k. If only I had a balanced portfolio I would have been OK.

Oh wait, I do!!

yeah, right - no one bought gold over the last 2-3 yrs

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 23, 2013, 01:58:43 PM

Oh wait, I do!!

yeah, right - no one bought gold over the last 2-3 yrs
Morgan - you read where Spartan said he bout it at $700 and sold it at 2,000 - right?  You might want to read it again to clarify it in your own mind. 

He bought low(er), and sold high(er).  The nerve struck is the suprise that you don't get it.  Nor do you seem to understand the source and cost of advertisement - but first let's get through the buy low and sell high concept... 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 23, 2013, 02:53:44 PM

Come the zombie invasion you need to have something a bit more substansive than fire kindle, so I have, or rather had gold and silver coins. Still have silver coins but got rid of the gold when the price went through the roof. The opportunity presented itself and I took it. I won't be retiring any time soon, don't get me wrong but I've got enough to suit my needs.  If the prices come down far enough I will probably buy some more.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gold: Aren't you glad you didn't listen to Glenn Beck? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools