Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jets fans are saying. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« : April 21, 2013, 09:35:50 PM »

Since the trade I thought it would be interesting to get the other side's take on the deal. Here are a few comments taken from ESPN and the jets fan websites.

•They trade Revis and keep Tebow?! I guess those 3 days with Tebow to correct his mechanics must have helped his cover ability, too.

•Revis six year contract. Year one hurt, year two holdout, year three traded.

•This trade was a steal for the Bucs, considering this year's draft class is absolutely terrible.

• So they traded the 13th pick of a lackluster draft for argueably the best defensive player in the league, AND his contract isn't guaranteed. Wow.

• 2011 Carson Palmer trade: Palmer for 2012 1st rounder and 2013 2nd rounder 2013 Darrelle Revis trade: Revis for 2013 1st rounder and 2014 3rd rounder

Apparently Revis is worth less than a 32 year old washed up QB.

•worse trade in jet history.

•another 40 years of misery.

• 2 picks + 16-18 million in cap per year for a pushing 30 corner coming off an ACL? The Jets were the smarter team, for ONCE.

• Not sure who won this trade, so based on experience I'll assume the Jets lost.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1 : April 21, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2756642#post2756642

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

« #2 : April 21, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »

Asked my Jet fan buddy if he liked the trade and if it was fair.  One word reply: "No."

smithcar

Starter

« #3 : April 21, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »

Who cares what the Jets think!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 21, 2013, 10:02:09 PM »

The one guy says he is not sure who won the trade?    That is easy to see, even if you are a Buc fan, Jet fan, or neither.

They are a train wreck.  No QB, no cap room.  Geno will not solve their problems.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #5 : April 21, 2013, 10:03:29 PM »

Good post from Jets fan:

Its only natural for people to be looking for the silver lining in this, but the fact of the matter is the Jets just traded away the best defensive player they've ever had. I'm not gonna call it a "travesty" because we've known this was gonna happen for some time now. However, it is extremely upsetting. We've grown to really take him for granted as a player on the field, and we won't know how bad we've really lost on this deal until we see who we draft with that pick, how our secondary performs in the coming year, and how Revis performs in TB.

Put it this way: I don't think we're gonna like what we see.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 21, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »

Since the trade I thought it would be interesting to get the other side's take on the deal. Here are a few comments taken from ESPN and the jets fan websites.

•They trade Revis and keep Tebow?! I guess those 3 days with Tebow to correct his mechanics must have helped his cover ability, too.

• 2 picks + 16-18 million in cap per year for a pushing 30 corner coming off an ACL? The Jets were the smarter team, for ONCE.

Loved these the most. Revis is 27 not pushing 30. Players have injuries all the time and come back strong. This guy is rationalizing to the max.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : April 21, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »

• Not sure who won this trade, so based on experience I'll assume the Jets lost.

My favorite one!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #8 : April 21, 2013, 10:18:39 PM »

Cromartie: "It sucks"

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #9 : April 21, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »

Cromartie: "It sucks"

"It sucks. That's my reaction: It sucks," Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie told New York Daily News reporter Manish Mehta after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were granted permission to talk to Revis. "Losing a guy like that just sucks. A leader in the locker room, a leader in the classroom, a leader on the field. A great playmaker on the field. It just sucks losing a guy like that.

« : April 21, 2013, 10:31:26 PM Madman »

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #10 : April 21, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »

Jets fans are feeling what us Bucs fans felt from 1983 to 1996.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 21, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255269

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

2002Champs2055

Rookie

« #12 : April 21, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »

•Revis six year contract. Year one hurt, year two holdout, year three traded.

•This trade was a steal for the Bucs, considering this year's draft class is absolutely terrible.

• So they traded the 13th pick of a lackluster draft for argueably the best defensive player in the league, AND his contract isn't guaranteed. Wow.

• 2011 Carson Palmer trade: Palmer for 2012 1st rounder and 2013 2nd rounder 2013 Darrelle Revis trade: Revis for 2013 1st rounder and 2014 3rd rounder

Apparently Revis is worth less than a 32 year old washed up QB.

27 years old is not really pushing 30.  He's only got 5 years under his belt. He's heading into the prime of his career right now. We have 3 of the best players in the NFL heading into their prime( Goldson, Jackson, Revis).

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2756642#post2756642

LMAOOO at the "Sanchez Sucks...Just sucks. (All Complaints here)" Thread.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

« #13 : April 21, 2013, 10:40:05 PM »

What Jets fans are saying:

"At least we still got Teb-oh, who am I kidding?"

"Where's my Super Bowl III tape?"

"Where's Fireman Ed when you need him?"

"I'm so jealous that Revis gets to leave New Jersey."

"I can't believe my application for DeVry was rejected..."

Say my name...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 21, 2013, 10:40:41 PM »

"Doesnt change the fact that its a reason to convince yourself that it doesnt suck that we dont get to watch Revis on the Jets anymore. It sucks, big time."

I can almost see the tears running down his face lol.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jets fans are saying. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools