Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game of Thrones « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
: April 21, 2013, 10:24:05 PM

It's becoming one of my favorite all time television shows.  This last episode was great.
: March 30, 2014, 08:09:02 PM 3rd String Kicker

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 22, 2013, 03:12:51 PM

I tried watching episode 1 season 1 but it seemed kind of stupid to me.  Now Borgias I'm in to.  And even the DaVinci show isn't bad. 

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 22, 2013, 03:29:39 PM

Great show, better books.  Can't wait til later this season to see when twitter absolutely explodes.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 22, 2013, 05:32:50 PM

Great show, better books.  Can't wait til later this season to see when twitter absolutely explodes.

Agreed. But as someone who hasn't finished book 2 yet, I'm now a bit anxious about your ominous twitter prediction. I can only imagine what craziness is about to ensue. Martin is not the most predictable of writers, so I'm a bit worried and thrilled about the possibilities.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 22, 2013, 06:29:48 PM

Tried reading the books...read like a bad history book and I'm a history major so it should have been my cup of tea.

On season 2 because I won't pay for HBO (cheap I am). I'm really waiting to see some sort of pay off on the tertiary conflicts right now with the walkers and the mother of dragons. The first 2 seasons those plot lines have had a lot of screen time but are so far 100% irrelevant to the main story,

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 22, 2013, 09:34:50 PM

Haven't read these or watched the show, because I've heard it is similar to a series Im reading: Malazan Book of the Fallen, and I'm not much of a TV person.  When it's not football season I average about three or four minutes a week on TV.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#6 : April 22, 2013, 11:00:53 PM

Glad there is finally a thread about this. IMO, the end of last nights episode was even better on tv than it was when I read it, and it was obviously awesome when I read it. This is my first season watching it from a readers perspective, and I am really pleased with the way that they add in a lot of scenes that show you the plotting that you don't necessarily get to see in the book. Like the scene yesterday with Varys and the Queen of Thorns, and just about all of Margaery's scenes.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#7 : April 22, 2013, 11:01:43 PM

Tried reading the books...read like a bad history book and I'm a history major so it should have been my cup of tea.

On season 2 because I won't pay for HBO (cheap I am). I'm really waiting to see some sort of pay off on the tertiary conflicts right now with the walkers and the mother of dragons. The first 2 seasons those plot lines have had a lot of screen time but are so far 100% irrelevant to the main story,

Funny to hear you say that. I always hated history in school, but I gobbled up these books like nothing else I have ever read.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 23, 2013, 04:53:31 AM

Great books, decently good show.

I wonder how Martin's writing of the final books may change, since the show has become so popular.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 23, 2013, 01:18:26 PM

Martin always wrote his books like he was writing for TV, so I can't expect his writing to change all that much.  The only thing that might change is that he'll put out the books faster because I'm sure his publisher will give him huge bonuses to capitalize on the popularity of the series.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 23, 2013, 02:13:41 PM

Martin always wrote his books like he was writing for TV, so I can't expect his writing to change all that much.  The only thing that might change is that he'll put out the books faster because I'm sure his publisher will give him huge bonuses to capitalize on the popularity of the series.

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-george-martin-song-fire-ice-book-6-winds-winter-7-dream-spring-release-dates/

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 23, 2013, 02:20:19 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.  In the prologue of Feast for Crows, he said Dance With Dragons would be out a year later.  As much as I like his writing, I'm really not a fan of GRRM.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 23, 2013, 02:52:11 PM

yeah, they were long but i loved them.  read them all.  now its tough to remember and keep track of where the tv show is.  it does make some things easier to understand.  would have no idea about the reed kids, boltons bahstard, and so forth.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#13 : April 23, 2013, 04:25:43 PM

Apparently, George R.R Martin is not a fan of the Revis trade.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/321271.html

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 23, 2013, 06:52:34 PM

Apparently, George R.R Martin is not a fan of the Revis trade.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/321271.html

lol
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game of Thrones « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools