Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#75 : April 24, 2013, 02:14:09 PM

I could see us maybe trading up for Hayden or Taylor in the late first. But not for a TE since we can get Kelce, Escobar and Ertz in rounds 2-3.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 24, 2013, 02:29:28 PM

Dom will trade up. Carradine, Hayden, Jones, Trufant.

Those are the guys I see being targeted if they trade back into the first.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 24, 2013, 02:56:04 PM

The Bucs aren't going to trade up to draft a WR.

Not so fast my friend. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bucs do this. Not a lot of depth at the position after VJax and Williams. If one goes down, wouldn't hurt to have a stud WR waiting in the wings. There are good receivers, it's just not a deep draft. If a good one falls, it could be an option depending on who and what positions are left on the board. Not saying that should do this, just saying that it is a possibility.

Now here's something to chew on......what happens if EJ Manuel or Matt Barkley is sitting around late in the 1st round? Do the Bucs take a flyer on one of these guys and trade up? I personally think Freeman is our guy but you never know. Helluva insurance policy for 2014 or, if Free is the guy, trade bait for a future draft. I don't want to see the Bucs trade up for either player, but, I don't see them making it past KC, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Arizona, NYJ, etc at the top of the second. Wouldn't put it past Dom/Schiano.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 24, 2013, 03:05:06 PM

Those are the guys I see being targeted if they trade back into the first.

+1

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#79 : April 24, 2013, 03:38:43 PM

Charts don't matter when you got 2 minutes to make a decision and Dom says take it or leave it.

Hate to break it to you, but situations like that were exactly why teams created value charts. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : April 24, 2013, 03:41:18 PM

Just about every draft day trade since the new CBA, has not followed the chart at all. Until they show us a new chart, or someone creates one based on trades since the new CBA.....using the chart is pointless.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#81 : April 24, 2013, 04:08:15 PM

Just about every draft day trade since the new CBA, has not followed the chart at all. Until they show us a new chart, or someone creates one based on trades since the new CBA.....using the chart is pointless.

Hold on a second, JD - that specific chart may (should) be outdated, but that doesn't mean that teams don't create their own or use others (the Jimmy Johnson one isn't the only one out there). What do you think all these teams do with their newly created "analytics" people?

The point is teams have a system to evaluate trades objectively so that you don't make ill-considered decisions in the heat of the moment - aka, when you are on the clock. Do teams override their charts - I'm sure. But the idea is that teams don't make reckless moves.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#82 : April 24, 2013, 04:14:25 PM

It would take our 2nd and 3rd round pick (or 2nd and both 4ths) to move up into the 1st round. Honestly, I don't know that there are many guys in the late 1st round that will be worth that. If someone falls, I am ok with trading up, but I'd rather sit where we are and take the best player available or drop down a little and get an extra 4th round pick. This draft only has about 15 players that carry a 1st round grade. I'd rather not trade picks to reach for a guy that has a 2nd round grade.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

pewtergirl2010

Second String

#83 : April 24, 2013, 04:23:49 PM

I'd love for Jones to fall so that the Bucs would have a chance to trade back  into the 1st to try and get him. I've heard that he is  not going to get past the Steelers. Otherwise I think they are looking at DT, DE or CB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#84 : April 24, 2013, 04:24:17 PM

We moved up 6 spots into the 1st round last year just by swapping 4th round picks with Denver.

We moved up 10 spots from the 3rd into 2nd round (and got a 7th round pick) for one 4th.

All I'm saying is don't under estimate the power of a 4th round pick. We could probably move into the late 1st for a 4th and a 6th in the right situation.

TomRiddle

Starter

#85 : April 24, 2013, 04:31:41 PM

We moved up 6 spots into the 1st round last year just by swapping 4th round picks with Denver.

We moved up 10 spots from the 3rd into 2nd round (and got a 7th round pick) for one 4th.

All I'm saying is don't under estimate the power of a 4th round pick. We could probably move into the late 1st for a 4th and a 6th in the right situation.

QFT.

I fully expect Dom to trade up or down to get his guy. The question remains who's his guy.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

BucD

Hall of Famer

#86 : April 24, 2013, 05:13:56 PM

+1

I would be hoping most for Hayden or Carradine.

Super Selmon

Starter
#87 : April 24, 2013, 05:53:36 PM

No trade up. I'm trading down in the second too.  We need depth, pretty happy with our starters, minus KR/PR.

gone

Hall of Famer
#88 : April 24, 2013, 06:27:57 PM

I'd love for Jones to fall so that the Bucs would have a chance to trade back  into the 1st to try and get him.

I'd love to see this too, but I doubt it happens.  I think this guy is going to go higher than people have him pegged at.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#89 : April 24, 2013, 06:57:26 PM

My guess is that trading up to the 1st won't happen this year. I think it's more likely that they will trade up to around 37 or 38 and snag Tank or Ertz if they are still there.

Unless someone at the end of round one is desperate to trade back. I would be absolutely shocked if they traded up for a corner after just using 2 picks to acquire Revis.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools