Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik refuse to overpay Cody Grimm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 23, 2013, 08:37:34 AM

Grimm gets hurt in the line of duty and Dominik cuts his salary for it.   Seems fair.

You must be a democrat my friend. NFL isn't about "Fair" and if you think it is, you are severely mistaken. It's about can you be replaced by someone better or cheaper.

Dom is obeying the golden rule of finance which most of the US has completely forgotten or never knew about, just because you can afford to, doesn't mean you should. Save in times of surplus those days WILL disappear and you'll be glad you saved the extra during crunch time.
  Good comment!!  Saving pennies over a period of time lets you spend dollars when there's something available WORTH those dollars! Glad to hear we're keeping him, which must mean he's recovering well.
I think of Grimm as a b/u SS and STer, and Ahmad Black as a b/u FS. I think Ronde's gonna be strictly a nickel corner this season...

I'd be happy with Ronde in the slot, the dude is as savvy as the day is long and more effective in a small space where he doesn't have to cover a lot of ground.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 23, 2013, 08:59:06 AM

I think its time we find another project and move on from Grimm.  Dude plays with some heart, but he just can't stay on the field.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 23, 2013, 09:04:08 AM

In Dominik we trust. :D

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#18 : April 23, 2013, 11:06:41 PM

Grimm gets hurt in the line of duty and Dominik cuts his salary for it.   Seems fair.

It's a business. Regardless of his injury, Grimm is a third string safety. You can't pay a 3rd stringer $1.2mil.

Grimm when he was playing at a high level was starting quality, not 3rd string.   I think he was better than Barron is now prior to his injury.   Grimm plays hard and with heart.   The injury has ruined his career though it seems.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 24, 2013, 11:24:54 AM

This kid was turning into a good one before the injury. Sad

Super Selmon

Starter
#20 : April 24, 2013, 05:28:17 PM

Sean Baker takes Cody Grimms spot on the roster.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 24, 2013, 05:35:21 PM

The Bucs are going big at S. I wouldn't be surprised if Grimm and Black days are numbered.

Grimm is 5'11" 205lbs, which isn't small for a DB. Dashon Goldson is 2 inches taller but 5 lbs lighter.

I hope Grimm can regain his quickness this season and makes the final 53. If he can regain his 2010 form, he would be outstanding depth and special teams.

You could be right about Black though. At 5'9" 185lbs, he doesn't exactly fit the mold of safety in Schiano's defense.

Draft Aaron Donald

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 25, 2013, 01:47:24 PM

The Bucs are going big at S. I wouldn't be surprised if Grimm and Black days are numbered.

Grimm is 5'11" 205lbs, which isn't small for a DB. Dashon Goldson is 2 inches taller but 5 lbs lighter.

I hope Grimm can regain his quickness this season and makes the final 53. If he can regain his 2010 form, he would be outstanding depth and special teams.

You could be right about Black though. At 5'9" 185lbs, he doesn't exactly fit the mold of safety in Schiano's defense.
and with 40 times of 4.6-4.8... he can't really play much corner.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 25, 2013, 01:54:06 PM

Thankfully the guy who gave Michael Clayton a $24 million contract, Davin Joseph $52 million, Jeremy Trueblood $10 million, Quincy Black $35 million, and Eric Wright $37 million isn't going to get taken to the cleaners for $500,000 by a special teams player.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 25, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

You must be a democrat my friend. NFL isn't about "Fair" and if you think it is, you are severely mistaken. It's about can you be replaced by someone better or cheaper.

Dom is obeying the golden rule of finance which most of the US has completely forgotten or never knew about, just because you can afford to, doesn't mean you should. Save in times of surplus those days WILL disappear and you'll be glad you saved the extra during crunch time.

Busting Grimm's balls over $500k is petty. No other way around it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 25, 2013, 02:09:36 PM

Lol....petty? It's a business brother. Something tells me you'd look at it differently if it was your half-a-million dollars.

Draft Aaron Donald

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 25, 2013, 02:24:12 PM

Lol....petty? It's a business brother. Something tells me you'd look at it differently if it was your half-a-million dollars.

I wouldn't let Dominik control a $150M budget to begin with.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 25, 2013, 02:32:29 PM

Good thing your opinion  doesn't count! :)  Also, it's like $122M....not $150M.

Dom has proven to be a cap genius. The entire league is copying his methods. You keep on hatin' though.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 25, 2013, 02:40:29 PM

Good thing your opinion  doesn't count! :)  Also, it's like $122M....not $150M.

Dom has proven to be a cap genius. The entire league is copying his methods. You keep on hatin' though.
This.

Why would he continue to overpay for a 3rd string safety?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 25, 2013, 02:41:53 PM

Why would he continue to overpay for a 3rd string safety?

Why are paying McCoy $11M?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik refuse to overpay Cody Grimm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools