Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs could trade LeGarrette Blount during draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 23, 2013, 12:23:44 AM »

Bucs could trade LeGarrette Blount during draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT

ProFootballTalk

AP

We noted a month ago that the Buccaneers were trying to trade running back LeGarrette Blount. Nothing has happened on that front, but that could change this week.

Stephen Holder of the Tampa Bay Times reports that Blount is still in play in a potential trade, and that a couple of teams are interested. A trade during the draft is possible.

It’s not surprising that the Bucs are still looking to trade Blount. Reports out of Tampa have suggested that he and coach Greg Schiano don’t see eye to eye, and the arrival of Doug Martin in last year’s draft reduced Blount to 41 carries last season.

The question is whether any team is willing to give up a pick for Blount. It’s possible that a team that hopes to draft a running back like Alabama’s Eddie Lacy or Wisconsin’s Montee Ball will decide to trade a third-day pick for Blount if Lacy and Ball get snapped up.

If that’s what happens, the team that acquires Blount will be adding a running back who’s 26 years old, who didn’t get much wear and tear last season, and who is only three years removed from a 1,007-yard season. That wouldn’t be a bad use of a late-round pick.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

« #1 : April 23, 2013, 12:25:58 AM »

I just don't see the need to get rid of him for a late pick. But I think there going to trade him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 23, 2013, 03:01:18 AM »

I just don't see the need to get rid of him for a late pick. But I think there going to trade him.

Schiano and him are definitely not BFF's.   I love the big mammar jammer, but have come to grips with the fact that his days in Tampa are over.  If they got ANY draft pick for him I would be surprised.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« #3 : April 23, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »

I could see teams like SF, St. Louis, Pats, and Steelers trade for him.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #4 : April 23, 2013, 07:50:45 AM »

SF and Pats don't need a RB at all. SF is loaded @ that position. Steelers may, they like bigger backs and he would fit there, but they don't usually trade for anyone.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #5 : April 23, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »

I say we send him to reunite with Chip Kelly in Philly. We should have packaged him with Rejus Benn a few weeks ago! I'd be happy with a 5th or 6th in return.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : April 23, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »

I like Blount a lot.  I just don't think he fits what the Bucs really need right now.  I really don't see us getting anything for him ... 7th at best.   If we don't get any offers on draft day, we should keep him and see who is the first to lose their RB in preseason.  If still no takers, I say the best for him and us is to just set him free.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

« #7 : April 23, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »

Blount would have been gone a looong time ago if there was the slightest bit of interest now.
We may get lucky and get a sniff or two after the draft.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 23, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »

He's just not the kind of back we want on the team. He's a one dimensional guy. He will be traded or cut but he won't be a Buc to start the season. I think we'll take whatever we can get for him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 23, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

Hes just not a fit on this team. I met him not too long ago and he seemed like he really wants to be a part of this team. Maybe coach S gives him a shot in TC. Although I dont see them saying no to an extra pick in this draft. I think he will be gone for a 5th or later.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #10 : April 23, 2013, 03:48:48 PM »

The Steelers would love this kid, he's historically their kind of RB.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #11 : April 23, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »

Blount could be nice on an offense that uses zone blocking, especially one with a QB who runs. I actually would like to see him back in Philly. Wouldn't want him to go to Washington, Seattle, Green Bay, or San Fran because he would be a good fit on that list of some of our biggest NFC competitors. I also think he could be a decent fit in Houston.

shawn731

Starter

« #12 : April 23, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »

Sad how he just disappeared.  But he needs to learn to hit that hole hard.  On a clip on NFL network you hear Schiano tell him to hit the hole and that he knows what to do.  His problem was he had a case of happy feet in the backfield and took forever to hit the hole.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : April 23, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »

Even if his skills were limited, there was little attempt to use his top skills.   One of the most exciting players the Bucs had.  Smells political to me and I hate that stuff.  Love to see Blount go to the Steelers and get some love....

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 23, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »

Bucs could trade anyone during the draft xD

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs could trade LeGarrette Blount during draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools