Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prisco.."Even with Revis, the Bucs are the third team at best in their division" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 23, 2013, 08:43:01 PM

As soon as he can prove he is healthy that contract is getting renegotiated.  Hell, there isprobably already an agreement in principle on the details.

definitely highly possible, but after he proves he is healthy he will have already received about 32 million.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#61 : April 23, 2013, 08:54:47 PM

I hate the argument "The Ravens won with this" or "The Giants won with this"

Different teams in the NFL are going to succeed, there is more then one way to win. The niners made it far with a great running attack and great defense, NE made it far with quick passing and no vertical game at all. The point is that there is not just one way to win in the NFL. It's about making it to the post season and then anything can happen. If every single team in the playoffs had weak corners then fine...I'd but that theory, but all teams in the playoffs had different ways to win.

gone

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 23, 2013, 09:09:08 PM

As soon as he can prove he is healthy that contract is getting renegotiated.  Hell, there isprobably already an agreement in principle on the details.

definitely highly possible, but after he proves he is healthy he will have already received about 32 million.

I expect restructuring before next year's draft.  Nobody plays without a guarantee if they can help it.  It might even come during the season.  All he needs is one freak play and all that money goes up in smoke -- that has nothing to do with his confidence or his recovery. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 23, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

It all comes down to QB, and we have the 4th best QB in the division, so until proven otherwise, I tend to agree.

Not gonna turn another thread into a QB debate but I'll give Freeman a nod over Newton, after seeing Newton play worse in a more games than I saw Freeman.

That gimmick offense that Chudz ran mad Cam look a lot worse last year than he really is.  The playcalling for the Panties last season was some of the worst I've seen, just flat out awful.  It's going to be interesting to see how he does this year.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 23, 2013, 11:23:51 PM

I'm a little more risk adverse than the usual PR poster, and I wasn't thrilled with the idea of bringing Revis here for many reasons, including the ACL. Now that the trade is done, and for a reasonable price (in draft picks), I have to stand back and realize that Dom brought in two pro-bowlers (with one of them possibly a HOFer) to help our troubled defensive backfield from last year.  It's a risk--a bold move. We could come out of this trade with a great bargain and a much better team. I have to congratulate Dom and the Glazers. I can't wait to see this team on the field.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 24, 2013, 12:25:23 AM

Too many variables to say we will be anything. We should be better. But how much better? First, second or third?

In Verner We Trust

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#66 : April 24, 2013, 12:27:37 AM

It all comes down to QB, and we have the 4th best QB in the division, so until proven otherwise, I tend to agree.

Not gonna turn another thread into a QB debate but I'll give Freeman a nod over Newton, after seeing Newton play worse in a more games than I saw Freeman.

That gimmick offense that Chudz ran mad Cam look a lot worse last year than he really is.  The playcalling for the Panties last season was some of the worst I've seen, just flat out awful.  It's going to be interesting to see how he does this year.
funny how the year before Chudz was a genius who was getting HC interviews

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 24, 2013, 12:33:09 AM

Wasn't it Capt. Hindsight who had the "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD " sig?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

gone

Hall of Famer
#68 : April 24, 2013, 12:37:49 AM

And he got interviews after last year as well.  And a promotion.  Of course many people were saying to see if he could do it for more than a year, as prior to that he hadn't -- and still hasn't.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#69 : April 24, 2013, 02:28:43 AM

Bucs are a team on the rise.  They are going to need a healthy season out of everyone. And we need #5 to perform at a high level for 16.

Falcons window is starting to close, IMO.   Same with the Saints, Brees is 34 now, time for them to start thinking about his eventual replacement.

I don't think Carolina is scaring anyone.

So bottom line, the Bucs need to be competitive in every game, and win the games they are supposed to win. And battle to the end in games they are the underdog.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#70 : April 24, 2013, 11:17:16 AM

The only thing you need to know about Prisco, is that even his fellow writers think he's whack. The guy is a natural pessimist

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#71 : April 24, 2013, 11:24:21 AM

In the six division games we lost one by a blowout, lost two close ones, and won three close ones. We were the only team in the league to beat the fowlgoons at home in the regular season. With the draft yet to come, we've already addressed the most glaring weakness on the team. Most of the players are just entering their prime. Some are already there. As a team  I wouldn't prefer any other roster in the league. Their best years are just beginning with this coaching staff.  I thought the Bucs were a year away from being a serious contender for a league title. It appears that Schiano and Dominik disagree with me. I'm OK with that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#72 : April 24, 2013, 12:07:45 PM

In the six division games we lost one by a blowout, lost two close ones, and won three close ones. We were the only team in the league to beat the fowlgoons at home in the regular season. With the draft yet to come, we've already addressed the most glaring weakness on the team. Most of the players are just entering their prime. Some are already there. As a team  I wouldn't prefer any other roster in the league. Their best years are just beginning with this coaching staff.  I thought the Bucs were a year away from being a serious contender for a league title. It appears that Schiano and Dominik disagree with me. I'm OK with that.

If they stay healthy this team is capable of making the playoffs and making some serious noise when they get there. If Freeman figures his game out then Damn! Watch out NFL.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#73 : April 24, 2013, 02:12:10 PM

If they stay healthy this team is capable of making the playoffs and making some serious noise when they get there. If Freeman figures his game out then Damn! Watch out NFL.

To the bold, the Bucs certainly are not unique in that regard. You could honestly look at 12-13 NFC teams that have the possibility to win 10+ games. It's gonna be very fun to watch.

Certainly, if Freeman plays with the attitude he did in '10 and cleans some things up with his technique...them yes, this team could certainly compete with anybody.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 24, 2013, 02:17:59 PM

Well besides the last 5 games, before that when they would lose games it was very very close. We lost some players to injury and things change. Offense doesnt look as good. Defense is still getting thrown on big time. Freeman loses some confidence. I know its not a done deal or anything but if those guys stay healthy and Freeman can play like hes capable of then they oughta be in the playoffs. They were close last year until that 5 game losing streak happened. I think with the additions made to this team and still to come in the draft. Its fair to say this team has a very good chance to get into the playoffs. Or a better way to say is we should have playoffs on our mind. Or even expect playoffs. Its been a while for me to have these kind of expectations but now I think they are legit and this team is fully capable of getting there.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prisco.."Even with Revis, the Bucs are the third team at best in their division" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools