Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prisco.."Even with Revis, the Bucs are the third team at best in their division" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #15 : April 23, 2013, 07:32:38 AM »

The Buccaneers may not be on par offensively with New Orleans or Atlanta - that's true. But the gap has closed rapidly and the Buccaneers, on paper, defensively are significantly better than either one of those ball clubs.

If the Bucs can add some pass rushing depth on Friday, I believe this is the most balanced team in the division. Freeman is not Brees or maybe even Ryan - but he's not Mark Sanchez either. He's a capable QB who was a major reason why this team averaged 24.3 pts per game. If the defense can get off the field and give that offense a few more shots, there's no reason why Tampa Bay couldn't add another 2 pts per game to match Atlanta or 4 pts per game to match the Saints.

I like it, though. Keep the profile low...shock the world.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #16 : April 23, 2013, 07:37:05 AM »

The Buccaneers may not be on par offensively with New Orleans or Atlanta - that's true. But the gap has closed rapidly and the Buccaneers, on paper, defensively are significantly better than either one of those ball clubs.

If the Bucs can add some pass rushing depth on Friday, I believe this is the most balanced team in the division. Freeman is not Brees or maybe even Ryan - but he's not Mark Sanchez either. He's a capable QB who was a major reason why this team averaged 24.3 pts per game. If the defense can get off the field and give that offense a few more shots, there's no reason why Tampa Bay couldn't add another 2 pts per game to match Atlanta or 4 pts per game to match the Saints.

I agree with most of ^this^....especially the bold.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 23, 2013, 07:44:26 AM »

If a probowl level player is to be had for a first, you do it.

Prisco has got to be a raiders fan. Only they would make themselves look stupid, just to make the bucs look stupid.

All I understood was, "Hi, I'm Prisco the idiot...look at me, weeeeee!" And, "Bucs bad! ...Prisco smash!"

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

wilkes

Rookie
« #18 : April 23, 2013, 07:46:29 AM »

Am I missing something? #1 rushing defense, a scary offense and now an improved secondary in the coaching staffs 2nd season. Opposing d-lines better pack pain pills in their lunch pails. Third best. Maybe. Best. Maybe. At the vary least we enter the debate.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #19 : April 23, 2013, 07:48:29 AM »

99% of the article is about the ACL, it's risks, and what the author feels the Bucs should have done.    Michael89156 chooses to title the article based on the next to last sentence, which was not what the gist of the article was about.   And the Red Board faithful oblige with responses to that sentence, not the basis for the article.   

Observing what I've read on the Red Board for awhile, now, I wouldn't be surprised if 90% didn't even read the article. 

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 23, 2013, 07:58:11 AM »

99% of the article is about the ACL, it's risks, and what the author feels the Bucs should have done.    Michael89156 chooses to title the article based on the next to last sentence, which was not what the gist of the article was about.   And the Red Board faithful oblige with responses to that sentence, not the basis for the article.   

Observing what I've read on the Red Board for awhile, now, I wouldn't be surprised if 90% didn't even read the article.

Blah,blah,blah. The dude is trying to troll the bucs right after they signed arguably one of the best corners ever to a non-garranteed contract.

Do YOU think revis would've signed anything that would let him get cut without any compensation, if he really didn't believe his knee was good?

Prisco refused to write that part in...wonder why? The only thing he talked about was no garrantee on revis and how the bucs will still suck again.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #21 : April 23, 2013, 07:59:06 AM »

If Freeman plays like he is capable, we can be on par with either of those teams points wise. This offense is really underrated by some. I like our balance on Offense more than anything.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #22 : April 23, 2013, 07:59:35 AM »

The last statement is a pretty bold and ignorant statement to be making in pre-draft April , considering standings flip-flop on the regular in this league.... why would people not be focusing on it ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #23 : April 23, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »

The last statement is a pretty bold and ignorant statement to be making in pre-draft April , considering standings flip-flop on the regular in this league.... why would people not be focusing on it ??

Nothing wrong with it at all, DJ.  Just an observation. 

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 23, 2013, 08:20:10 AM »

Same guy predicted us to go 2-14 last year, this guy has a  pessimistic view on almost everything. He was on the Fan yesterday with Booger and basically said the same thing.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #25 : April 23, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »

Listen, I understand it's a passing league and you need to have a strong passing game. I get it, we all get it. That's all the talking heads have been saying for the last 3 years. Enough.

Saying it's a passing league to justify a terrible defense is not smart. We had the best passing game we've ever had in Tampa last year and still finished 7-9. Yes you need to be able to score points but you also need a defense that can get good offenses off the field on occasion and/or cause turnovers.

People say look at the Ravens and their CBs, who are they? See you can have nobody's there. No you can't and the Ravens defense was still 12th in the league in points per game, the 49ers were 1st.

You don't need an top 10 defense to win the superbowl, but you CANNOT have a bottom 10 defense. The bottom 10 defenses in the league as far as points per game last year were:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers              
Dallas Cowboys         
Kansas City Chiefs             
Buffalo Bills              
Detroit Lions              
Oakland Raiders              
Jacksonville Jaguars              
Philadelphia Eagles              
New Orleans Saints            
Tennessee Titans

None of those teams made the playoffs and even the GREAT Drew Brees matched our 7-9 record with a defense that was similar to ours. So, again, please stop insinuating we don't need Revis because we do and we need Goldson. We're not trying to build a top 5 defense but we sure as hell need to be in the top half to give ourselves a fighting chance.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : April 23, 2013, 08:53:29 AM »

I think Prisco is horrible, BUT!  Until we actually do something and prove we are better, its hard to argue. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #27 : April 23, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »

Good post NY.And I'll add to that.

Brees and Ryan haven't had to deal with good CB's like revis in this division. The worst they had was, talib. Now both teams are going against one of the better corners in the league regularly. Lets see how they respond to that. My guess is that they will break on revis island.

All they need to do now is draft a corner that can back up Wright or fill in for him, because as of right now, he's target #1 in every QB's eyes in this division. And in truth, the only team we should worry about is the falcons. With Jj and white, it's still a mismatch. Revis can cover either (although jj got him once so i hear), but unless they slide coverage, no other corner on the roster can contain the other WO.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 23, 2013, 09:05:56 AM »

3rd best? With an average secondary, the Bucs go 5-1 vs the NFCS last year. Bucs are a lot closer than people think.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #29 : April 23, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »

"...the Bucs are the third team at best in their division..."

At this point, we've proven nothing to say otherwise...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prisco.."Even with Revis, the Bucs are the third team at best in their division" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools