Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prisco.."Even with Revis, the Bucs are the third team at best in their division" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 23, 2013, 09:12:49 AM

I think Prisco is horrible, BUT!  Until we actually do something and prove we are better, its hard to argue.
This.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 23, 2013, 09:14:04 AM

Until the new season starts, we are tied with the Panthers and Saints. We all finished 7-9. Predictions are just opinions.

Draft Aaron Donald

ingey1968

Starter

#32 : April 23, 2013, 09:33:20 AM

I would say that Atlanta should still be favored in the division, Until we see improved QB play, I dont see us overtaking them. I do think adding Revis prob saved MD job this season because i dont see usl osing alot but at the end of the day, I dont think we have a team that can win this division.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 23, 2013, 09:50:09 AM

And a few injuries here an there and it is adios.

Same could be said for any team.  Falcons go down in flames if Ryan gets hurt.  Same with Saints and Brees.  Carolina is a dumpster fire as is with that selfish qb they have.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : April 23, 2013, 10:12:11 AM

He could be right.

Brees has won big games. Payton is back. They will be tough.

ATL is a good team. Not an elite one. Their playoff performances are proof.

Carolina is an enigma. They might be a team to reckon with, or a lackluster group. And paying Johnson 17 mil this year?  WTF?!

Bucs lack depth, and the QB is wishy washy with a lot of deficiencies that get exploited, in his game. And a few injuries here an there and it is adios. But I sure as heck can't wait. I like the Bucs chances of winning 11 games.

Can't argue with any of that - and can't claim the Bucs are a good team until they start beating their opponents. Until then they're still the team that lost 6 of their last 7 games they've played.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#35 : April 23, 2013, 10:42:32 AM

So a team that was in so many close games (Washington, Dallas, NYG, 1st New Orleans game, 1st ATL game, Philly game and the Denver game) with the league's worst pass defense and a weak pass rush and a streaky QB, is the 3rd worst team in the division after adding 2 Pro Bowlers in the secondary?

Sorry i don't buy it. Maybe I'm blinded by hate but I see Atlanta dropping off a bit, and the south coming down to Tampa and New Orleans.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#36 : April 23, 2013, 10:53:36 AM

His article is summed up in one sentence:

I just don't like trading draft picks for a guy coming of ACL.

But of course he has to fill a quota

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 23, 2013, 10:56:02 AM

He could be right. Revis doesnt gurantee anything. It makes the team better for sure but they still gotta play the games. Lets see this team play again before we know what we got here.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 23, 2013, 10:59:10 AM

It all comes down to QB, and we have the 4th best QB in the division, so until proven otherwise, I tend to agree.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#39 : April 23, 2013, 11:03:43 AM

It all comes down to QB, and we have the 4th best QB in the division, so until proven otherwise, I tend to agree.
how good was Mark Sanchez in those back to back AFC Championship game teams? Is this team more or less talented than those?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#40 : April 23, 2013, 11:05:08 AM

Not gonna turn another thread into a QB debate but I'll give Freeman a nod over Newton, after seeing Newton play worse in a more games than I saw Freeman.

Formerly known as T

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 23, 2013, 11:05:18 AM

So a team that was in so many close games (Washington, Dallas, NYG, 1st New Orleans game, 1st ATL game, Philly game and the Denver game) with the league's worst pass defense and a weak pass rush and a streaky QB, is the 3rd worst team in the division after adding 2 Pro Bowlers in the secondary?

Sorry i don't buy it. Maybe I'm blinded by hate but I see Atlanta dropping off a bit, and the south coming down to Tampa and New Orleans.

I think Tampa showed that they will be competitive and will be an easy win for no one(on most weeks). Thing is, last year was last year. Different teams. Different circumstances. Until they prove otherwise, this team is still just a nice shiny bottle of potential. Adding talent doesn't always equal instant success. They still have to gel as a team and players still need to stay healthy. So we can sit here and count pro-bowl selections, all-pro selections, career stats, etc...but none of it matters until these players start playing at an elite level, while wearing a Bucs jersey.

You will also have people say that, "if you put better players on the '12 Bucs secondary, then it's an instant playoff team...". I don't necessarily agree with that. During games, opponents respond to each other according to the circumstances presented to them. You can't cherry pick certain plays from entire games and say that the outcome would have been different if you change this, this, and this play. It's impossible to know. Putting a different player on the field may have caused the offense to react in a different way resulting in the same outcome. Last year is in the books. In all likelihood, the Bucs are not going to be in the exact same situations that they were in last year. Schedule is tougher. Conference is tougher. Collectively, the offense and defense will have to consistently play good football for the entire year to make the playoffs. Our opponents now have a years worth of tape to study this offense and will most likely formulate some defensive gameplans that will make things a bit more challenging.

I don't think that Atlanta and New Orleans are a lot better from a talent standpoint, but they are both teams who have proven over the past few years that they can beat any team out there and they are dominant at home. Those are two areas we need to drastically improve upon, before we start talking about jumping one of them.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 23, 2013, 11:06:05 AM

Those who say the Bucs got the bad end of the deal because Revis is an unknown and the 13th pick in the draft is a known are so full of **CENSORED**. If only it were that easy, and everyone knew who would be good from the draft. What a load of bull **CENSORED**.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#43 : April 23, 2013, 11:12:49 AM

I think Tampa showed that they will be competitive and will be an easy win for no one(on most weeks). Thing is, last year was last year. Different teams. Different circumstances. Until they prove otherwise, this team is still just a nice shiny bottle of potential. Adding talent doesn't always equal instant success. They still have to gel as a team and players still need to stay healthy. So we can sit here and count pro-bowl selections, all-pro selections, career stats, etc...but none of it matters until these players start playing at an elite level, while wearing a Bucs jersey.

You will also have people say that, "if you put better players on the '12 Bucs secondary, then it's an instant playoff team...". I don't necessarily agree with that. During games, opponents respond to each other according to the circumstances presented to them. You can't cherry pick certain plays from entire games and say that the outcome would have been different if you change this, this, and this play. It's impossible to know. Putting a different player on the field may have caused the offense to react in a different way resulting in the same outcome. Last year is in the books. In all likelihood, the Bucs are not going to be in the exact same situations that they were in last year. Schedule is tougher. Conference is tougher. Collectively, the offense and defense will have to consistently play good football for the entire year to make the playoffs. Our opponents now have a years worth of tape to study this offense and will most likely formulate some defensive gameplans that will make things a bit more challenging.

I don't think that Atlanta and New Orleans are a lot better from a talent standpoint, but they are both teams who have proven over the past few years that they can beat any team out there and they are dominant at home. Those are two areas we need to drastically improve upon, before we start talking about jumping one of them.

Great post.

We all hope and assume the offense will play the same. But look at the Lions from last year, they were a playoff team a year prior and are now picking in the top 10. So while I think the Bucs offense is built to be successful year after year, barring injury. Strong offensive line, commitment to the run game, dangerous perimeter players, and a QB to get the playmakers the ball. You are right every year is different. Only constants you can count on in this league are the elite QB's Brady, Peyton, Rodgers & Brees.

2012 is all we have to go on. You say other teams have film of the Bucs offense, well now Schiano and his staff have film on their opponents as well, and what works defensively against them and what doesn't so hopefully they use and apply this to slow other teams offenses down.

Either way I'm pretty optimistic about 2013.

Formerly known as T

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#44 : April 23, 2013, 11:22:18 AM

His article is summed up in one sentence:

I just don't like trading draft picks for a guy coming of ACL.

But of course he has to fill a quota

draft choices aren't a guarantee to make a difference on this team - as been proven over the years. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prisco.."Even with Revis, the Bucs are the third team at best in their division" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools