Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: April 23, 2013, 07:45:09 AM

Pewter Report publisher Scott Reynolds has updated his 2013 Bucs 7-round mock draft of 2013. Who will be Tampa Bays first pick? How many cornerbacks will the Bucs draft? Get the answers right here.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&view=item&layout=item&id=2951

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 23, 2013, 08:00:31 AM

Please stop with the J.J. Watt comparison. Hunt is nowhere close to the technician Watt was coming into the league. Its just an awful comparison to make. Hunt is a raw football player, Watt is an experienced 3 year DE prospect coming into the league. And Hunt is already, like 26 years old. I'd be PO'd if we wasted a pick because that guy is a bag of rocks in the NFL.

Also think taking a SLB in the third round is a waste. It's a 2-down position for the most part and picking kinda early in the third, Tampa could find an impact player across the defensive line to split reps with McCoy who played wayyyyyy to many snaps last year.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 23, 2013, 08:24:57 AM

I like it, only gripe would be not picking up a DT.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 23, 2013, 08:49:57 AM

I like the LB Sio Moore and RB Christine Michael picks.   We don't need another project TE - our roster is full of them.  If they take him, its because he goes undrafted IMO.

I wish we had more 2nd round picks because there will be a lot of talent still available.  I'm not sure I want to risk a lone 2nd rounder on a 26 yr/old project.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 23, 2013, 08:55:47 AM

Like some of the picks but not all.  But I do understand they are trying to project who the Bucs will select and they have shown interest in these guys.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 23, 2013, 09:07:09 AM

I like it, only gripe would be not picking up a DT.

This is basically how I feel.

Only thing I'd change is fitting in a 3tech DT as it's one of the more important positions.  Would probably sub the Sio selection for that.  SLB really isn't THAT big of a need/an importance and I'd say someone like Watson/Casillas is more than capable.

Maybe throw in Sean Renfree at the end?

But Margus Hunt is who I think is the main target with that second pick...in one way or another...I think PR nailed that...

If not him, then Kawann Short or even Tank Carradine if he drops.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 23, 2013, 09:07:44 AM

This mock makes me want to cry.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 23, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

I listened to the play by play guy from Texas A&M and when they asked him about Christine Michael, he didn't give him praise. Definitely some character concerns. I would much rather have Lattimore.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 23, 2013, 09:46:11 AM

What about Mike Gillislee as a mid round RB pick?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 23, 2013, 09:50:27 AM

Lattimore will be gone I think.

Some team is going to roll the dice on this kid. His rehab was ridiculous, and he looks like he might be back.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 23, 2013, 09:57:23 AM

Please stop with the J.J. Watt comparison. Hunt is nowhere close to the technician Watt was coming into the league. Its just an awful comparison to make. Hunt is a raw football player, Watt is an experienced 3 year DE prospect coming into the league. And Hunt is already, like 26 years old. I'd be PO'd if we wasted a pick because that guy is a bag of rocks in the NFL.

Also think taking a SLB in the third round is a waste. It's a 2-down position for the most part and picking kinda early in the third, Tampa could find an impact player across the defensive line to split reps with McCoy who played wayyyyyy to many snaps last year.

^^what he said^^

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 23, 2013, 10:00:00 AM

While I agree that the comparisons to Watt are a stretch. I do like Hunt a lot as a player. Something you have to take into account is the difference in coaching from what Watt probably received at Wisconsin and Hunt at SMU. Hunt is definitely built to be a 4-3 DE, and is a guy who should be using his top notch speed more than a player like Watt. Personally I think Hunt will be long gone by #43, but we'll see.

I also think Christine Michael will surprise a lot of people with how early he goes. I'd be ecstatic if I'm wrong and we can get Hunt in the 2nd or Michael in the 3rd.

buc_on_or_buc_off

Second String

#12 : April 23, 2013, 10:02:15 AM

Go home PR youre drunk. This mock is atrocious.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 23, 2013, 10:36:44 AM

Christine Michael is a bust. Mark it down. If we were to take a RB early, Monte Ball or Stephan Taylor are the only two guys that make sense. Even then, it's just not a big enough need for us to start looking at RBs before the 5th round imo.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 23, 2013, 10:47:34 AM

Go home PR youre drunk. This mock is atrocious.
again, their mock is based on who the team has shown interest in and what rumors they have heard from their sources.  And I know damn well that almost all you guys criticizing this mock would be praising Dominick and Schiano if they did draft these guys.  I see it every year. 

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools