Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#15 : April 23, 2013, 10:51:56 AM

Watt played in a big time conference, I'm leary of drafting player who dominated in weak conferences. I know there will be players who shine in smaller conferences, but the odds are against them being good pro players. Bucs can't afford to miss on any 2nd or 3rd round picks, need some quality depth.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 23, 2013, 11:01:58 AM

Watt played in a big time conference, I'm leary of drafting player who dominated in weak conferences. I know there will be players who shine in smaller conferences, but the odds are against them being good pro players. Bucs can't afford to miss on any 2nd or 3rd round picks, need some quality depth.

...but Hunt didn't even dominate. He is big and athletic with "potential" but his game film is not impressive.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 23, 2013, 11:07:08 AM

yeah this mock kinda sucks and id be dissappointed if it played out like that

we need DE and DT help most, followed by another corner and a RB. OLB is not something i would look at in the 3rd

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 23, 2013, 11:08:48 AM

Go home PR youre drunk. This mock is atrocious.
again, their mock is based on who the team has shown interest in and what rumors they have heard from their sources.  And I know damn well that almost all you guys criticizing this mock would be praising Dominick and Schiano if they did draft these guys.  I see it every year.

mark me down as someone who wont be praising Dom and Schiano if it plays out this way. ill go ahead and put my name by it and give this draft a solid C for effort

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 23, 2013, 11:20:23 AM

yeah this mock kinda sucks and id be dissappointed if it played out like that

we need DE and DT help most, followed by another corner and a RB. OLB is not something i would look at in the 3rd

I see Moore as a poor mans Jarvis Jones but better in coverage. I don't mind taking him in the third if we go that route. I agree about the DT though, only really flaw I see with this mock draft.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 23, 2013, 11:42:48 AM

Please stop with the J.J. Watt comparison. Hunt is nowhere close to the technician Watt was coming into the league. Its just an awful comparison to make. Hunt is a raw football player, Watt is an experienced 3 year DE prospect coming into the league. And Hunt is already, like 26 years old. I'd be PO'd if we wasted a pick because that guy is a bag of rocks in the NFL.

Also think taking a SLB in the third round is a waste. It's a 2-down position for the most part and picking kinda early in the third, Tampa could find an impact player across the defensive line to split reps with McCoy who played wayyyyyy to many snaps last year.

Could not agree more.

I would be extremely disappointed if we went this direction with our 2nd and 3rd rounders. What a waste.

Hunt will be J.A.G. in the NFL.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

big_JLB

Starter

#21 : April 23, 2013, 12:05:04 PM

if they're going to piss away a 3rd rounder on an OLB hoping to improve the pass rush at least give me cory lemonier. both met with the team IIRC. moore may be better in coverage but lemonier will knock you the f*ck out
: April 23, 2013, 12:10:05 PM big_JLB

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 23, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Go home PR youre drunk. This mock is atrocious.
again, their mock is based on who the team has shown interest in and what rumors they have heard from their sources.  And I know damn well that almost all you guys criticizing this mock would be praising Dominick and Schiano if they did draft these guys.  I see it every year.
Then their mocks should be taken lightly because if that's the case, their predicted pick last year...

Morris Claiborne would've been the pick...instead Tampa does the unthinkable and trade down and take their "guy" Mark Barron.

I say, go with what's logical and overall the BPA. Hunt is going to be a turd in the NFL.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : April 23, 2013, 12:13:36 PM

I don't think the *mock* sucks, cuz that does sound quite plausible.

I could talk myself into those picks, but initially I'd be disappointed. Margus Hunt scares the **CENSORED** out of me. Taking him at 43 might be acceptable but I hope we don't trade up for him.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 23, 2013, 12:15:41 PM

Please stop with the J.J. Watt comparison. Hunt is nowhere close to the technician Watt was coming into the league. Its just an awful comparison to make. Hunt is a raw football player, Watt is an experienced 3 year DE prospect coming into the league. And Hunt is already, like 26 years old. I'd be PO'd if we wasted a pick because that guy is a bag of rocks in the NFL.

Also think taking a SLB in the third round is a waste. It's a 2-down position for the most part and picking kinda early in the third, Tampa could find an impact player across the defensive line to split reps with McCoy who played wayyyyyy to many snaps last year.

While I agree that the comparisons to Watt are a stretch. I do like Hunt a lot as a player. Something you have to take into account is the difference in coaching from what Watt probably received at Wisconsin and Hunt at SMU. Hunt is definitely built to be a 4-3 DE, and is a guy who should be using his top notch speed more than a player like Watt. Personally I think Hunt will be long gone by #43, but we'll see.

I also think Christine Michael will surprise a lot of people with how early he goes. I'd be ecstatic if I'm wrong and we can get Hunt in the 2nd or Michael in the 3rd.
So basically you like his athletic ability and that's pretty much it. Its a red flag that he is already 26 years old. Another red flag is that he didn't even dominate the weak competition he played in. Third red flag, he's underdeveloped and 26 when he starts as a rookie. In our case, the fourth red flag is that at BEST he won't be ready to make an impact until maybe his 3rd or 4th year. We need some spark right now. I'd rather draft a speed rusher who sucks vs the run than vice versa. (see why Michael Bennett is gone)

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 23, 2013, 12:22:20 PM

I liked Hunt when he was a mid-round gamble, not a first-round option. Pretty much agree with Detrimental's intial take on him.

I disagree with most here on Sio Moore - normally I'd say that you don't draft a 2-down player, but I think Moore will play more than 2-downs. He can play a variety of roles, and they'd use him as a pass-rusher on 3rd down.

If Christine Michael is a bust, it's entirely from off-field stuff because he has NFL talent. And I don't have a good enough read on the off-field stuff to say "no way." 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 23, 2013, 12:45:55 PM

Don't like Chrissy's injury history. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 23, 2013, 12:56:29 PM

I liked Hunt when he was a mid-round gamble, not a first-round option. Pretty much agree with Detrimental's intial take on him.

I disagree with most here on Sio Moore - normally I'd say that you don't draft a 2-down player, but I think Moore will play more than 2-downs. He can play a variety of roles, and they'd use him as a pass-rusher on 3rd down.

If Christine Michael is a bust, it's entirely from off-field stuff because he has NFL talent. And I don't have a good enough read on the off-field stuff to say "no way."
He came off the edge during the senior bowl and showed some good pass rush ability. My preference would be finding an every down DE just in case AC/DQ get hurt again because I don't think Moore is capable of doing that. I can stomach the Moore pick but if that's the case we better sign or draft a DE prospect too because of the former.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 23, 2013, 01:12:41 PM

if they're going to piss away a 3rd rounder on an OLB hoping to improve the pass rush at least give me cory lemonier. both met with the team IIRC. moore may be better in coverage but lemonier will knock you the f*ck out
funny you should mention him since he was a guy I was planning to bring up for discussion.  Seems like we both like the same prospects (ie: Steve Williams).

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 23, 2013, 01:18:00 PM

I know we all dream of the Bucs finding the next HOFer in the 3rd round but the truth is most of these guys end up being JAGs or busts.  As long as he is a solid player that can contribute to this team I have no problem taking a LB in the 3rd.  At 43 my expectations are a little higher even if the odds are against it even in that round.  Seriously, how many would still have a problem with us taking Myron  Lewis if he was st least a 3rd CB.  Probably not many. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools