Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is going to be our break-out player this season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#15 : April 24, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

If Bowers has a breakout year, like 12-15 sacks. If Revis is Revis. And if everyone else just stays the same and relatively injury free, IMO this team is contending for a first round bye.

swamp_bats

Starter
#16 : April 24, 2013, 12:17:25 AM

I kinda want to say Lavonte David. I know he had a really good year last year, but I think he really tops it this year. Like close to 200 tackles, makes pro bowl, reminds us of Derrick Brooks kinda break out.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 24, 2013, 12:38:26 AM

If Bowers has a breakout year, like 12-15 sacks. If Revis is Revis. And if everyone else just stays the same and relatively injury free, IMO this team is contending for a first round bye.

Yeah, somehow I think erratic Freeman gets us into the playoffs if everyone slightly improves or stays the same.

Imagine if Free steps it up.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 24, 2013, 12:45:44 AM

For us to get where we want to go it's going to have to be one of our defensive ends. I think Barron will have a very good year but it's going to have to be a breakout performance by atleast one of our DE's for our defense to be complete.

spurzo

Second String

#19 : April 24, 2013, 12:47:59 AM

I think the combo of Bowers and Clayborn combine for 20 sacks and I think Barron breaks out too.  Revis and Goldson should help Barron out a lot

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : April 24, 2013, 01:16:06 AM

I think the combo of Bowers and Clayborn combine for 20 sacks
not that great

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 24, 2013, 01:27:26 AM

Mason Foster and Bowers.

spurzo

Second String

#22 : April 24, 2013, 01:56:29 AM

I think the combo of Bowers and Clayborn combine for 20 sacks
not that great

good insight

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#23 : April 24, 2013, 02:02:31 AM

I Expect Bowers and baron to have great years as they should given their draft status.  The guy everyone is trying to replace will finally get his opportunity to shine and will shock some people at being a well-rounded player for the team.  I am talking about Luke Stocker being the brek-out player.  He will be the starter and believe he will seize the opportunity.

pewter_pirate

Rookie

#24 : April 24, 2013, 02:03:09 AM

I thinks its safe to say bowser will steal the princess and guard the castle. Bowers will have a good year but I want to see someone come on the like Lj did last year. Tandy, Heyward, Smith, Crabtree. I would love to see Daniel Teonotyourmama pick up 5 or 6 sacks.

pewter_pirate

Rookie

#25 : April 24, 2013, 02:05:11 AM

What has Stocker done to be bad? How many times was the ball thrown his way? Did he even get much opportunity?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 24, 2013, 02:52:09 AM

I don't know if you would call it a breakout season, but I think Eric will have a big year.  He will be much better covering the #2 WR's.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 24, 2013, 04:15:13 AM

Barron and Bowers are good choices.
We can only hope so, these 2 guys taking the next step would be huge for us.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 24, 2013, 04:18:36 AM

Yeah, somehow I think erratic Freeman gets us into the playoffs if everyone slightly improves or stays the same.

Imagine if Free steps it up
Not that I think Freeman is capable of becoming "the guy," but lets say that he does....how do we pay him next year with Revis' contract now on the books?  How about Gerald the following year?

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#29 : April 24, 2013, 04:45:44 AM

Imagine if Free steps it up
Not that I think Freeman is capable of becoming "the guy," but lets say that he does....how do we pay him next year with Revis' contract now on the books?  How about Gerald the following year?

Freeman would get tagged if he blows it up, or Dom would compile a contract that's incentive based and team friendly. McCoy is already the highest paid DT, he isn't gonna go up much more...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is going to be our break-out player this season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools