Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We dont need to waste draft picks on.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

pewter_pirate

Rookie

: April 24, 2013, 01:47:10 AM

If we add another rb to the roster I will be pissed! What would make you upset?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 24, 2013, 01:50:53 AM

RB would tick me off if Blount stays. A QB would be the worst. Get an undrafted one and hope he unseats Dan. Don't waste picks on non starters

Buc45

Starter
#2 : April 24, 2013, 02:44:32 AM

We absolutely need a quality RB to relieve Martin.  I just watched all 16 games last year (condensed version on NFL.com)  and the overuse of Martin made me wince.  He is an unbelievable talent who we need to keep around for a long time.  I think the 4th round is the prime spot for a RB...and I agree with SR's pick of Christine Michael at that slot.

Blount is a goner and is limited in what he can offer...  I would also like use to spend a 6th on a QB as well...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 24, 2013, 02:47:40 AM

We absolutely need a quality RB to relieve Martin.  I just watched all 16 games last year (condensed version on NFL.com)  and the overuse of Martin made me wince.  He is an unbelievable talent who we need to keep around for a long time.  I think the 4th round is the prime spot for a RB...and I agree with SR's pick of Christine Michael at that slot.

Blount is a goner and is limited in what he can offer...  I would also like use to spend a 6th on a QB as well...

Agree Blount is gone one way or the other.  RB's are really a dime a dozen though.  They could pick up an UDFA RB later on after the draft.  We don't need Adrian Peterson to spell Dougie. Plenty of horses out there.

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 24, 2013, 04:15:50 AM

I think it is smart to consider who is still available in FA.   For instance, I would not be a fan of selecting an OT that will never play LT.  If you look at the remaining FA and you could have a guy like Winston as your RT only so why waste a pick.  Also,unlike some folks I am not a big fan of a TE.  Give Stocker an opportunity and we have enough 2nd and 3rd TE's already on the roster.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#5 : April 24, 2013, 06:13:34 AM

Drafting a Safety or Guard.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : April 24, 2013, 06:18:12 AM

using a pick on a punter or kicker when we already have good players at those positions - still don't know why Dominik used a 6th on Bowden (P)........
rather find a RB via free agency or waiver wire - we got needs on DL and TE - need depth at DL, for sure.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 24, 2013, 06:42:27 AM

RB would tick me off if Blount stays. A QB would be the worst. Get an undrafted one and hope he unseats Dan. Don't waste picks on non starters
you do realise we would be extremely lucky to get two starters out of our 7 picks?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 24, 2013, 06:44:23 AM

I think it is smart to consider who is still available in FA.   For instance, I would not be a fan of selecting an OT that will never play LT.  If you look at the remaining FA and you could have a guy like Winston as your RT only so why waste a pick.  Also,unlike some folks I am not a big fan of a TE.  Give Stocker an opportunity and we have enough 2nd and 3rd TE's already on the roster.
winstons looking for $4 mil a year. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 24, 2013, 06:47:21 AM

The better question for me at least would be ignoring what positions would piss me off. 

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 24, 2013, 07:12:32 AM

QB before the 5th
Safety anywhere
Kicker
Punter
Guard
SAM linebacker(we can wait til next year to target a playmaker, should be a good linebacker class coming up)
Receiver before the 5th round

pancake block

Starter

#11 : April 24, 2013, 07:15:13 AM

if we could get a bag of peanuts for Blount, I wouldnt be upset if we took a flier on 232 pound Marcus Lattimore (4+)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 24, 2013, 07:16:56 AM

Get ready to be pissed.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#13 : April 24, 2013, 07:24:31 AM

With any luck, we'll see maybe 2 starters out of this draft.
No problem with taking a RB in the fourth or fifth.
What I don't want is to waste a pick on another mediocre TE.
Corner to develop and DL depth please.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 24, 2013, 07:27:54 AM

No draft pick is a wasted pick, unless the guy is a flat out bust. We need depth at every position, so I really don't care who we pick. This team needs a back up RB, not sure why people still view Blount as a solid one. He has failed at almost everything asked of him. He bad short yardage back, can't catch, can't block and o he sucks @ being a change of pace back. Cut your ties and get whatever you can for him.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We dont need to waste draft picks on.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools