Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#90 : April 24, 2013, 07:30:58 PM

We moved up 6 spots into the 1st round last year just by swapping 4th round picks with Denver.

We moved up 10 spots from the 3rd into 2nd round (and got a 7th round pick) for one 4th.

All I'm saying is don't under estimate the power of a 4th round pick. We could probably move into the late 1st for a 4th and a 6th in the right situation.

I agree. But I recently read one value chart based look at that Denver trade that called it fair for both sides. Why? Because, statistically the average value of guys in that late first/early 2nd are about the same. I'll link if I can find it.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#91 : April 24, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

We moved up 6 spots into the 1st round last year just by swapping 4th round picks with Denver.

We moved up 10 spots from the 3rd into 2nd round (and got a 7th round pick) for one 4th.

All I'm saying is don't under estimate the power of a 4th round pick. We could probably move into the late 1st for a 4th and a 6th in the right situation.

It is depending on the situation of course.

If a team is desperate to trade down anything can happen. Typically the Bucs have gotten the short end of the stick regarding value since Dom has taken over.

But I agree with his strategy of going after the guys you really like. The truth is if you draft one impact player every year you are ahead of the average team.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#92 : April 24, 2013, 08:19:00 PM

It is depending on the situation of course.

If a team is desperate to trade down anything can happen. Typically the Bucs have gotten the short end of the stick regarding value since Dom has taken over.

But I agree with his strategy of going after the guys you really like. The truth is if you draft one impact player every year you are ahead of the average team.

Picks for Gaines, Price, Benn,and Talib. Dom's problem was signing bad FA to good contracts, he's a master when it comes to getting decent to good Value.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#93 : April 24, 2013, 10:25:16 PM

There aren't many guys I'd be willing to move back into the 1st for.  I like our chances staying right where we are and see whats there on day 2. 

pljlsplltt

Second String

#94 : April 24, 2013, 10:35:34 PM

I think the chart is different in every draft. Since this draft don't have a lot of star power but very deep, it might not take as much as some of you thinking to move up. At the most I think it takes a 4th and 6th to move up to the first round. I would keep an eye on the patriots as a potential trade partner. They draft right in front of Falcons who will be looking at DE, CB, and TE. I could see us jumping in front of them to take our choice of who we want.

swamp_bats

Starter
#95 : April 24, 2013, 11:04:48 PM

I think the chart is different in every draft. Since this draft don't have a lot of star power but very deep, it might not take as much as some of you thinking to move up. At the most I think it takes a 4th and 6th to move up to the first round. I would keep an eye on the patriots as a potential trade partner. They draft right in front of Falcons who will be looking at DE, CB, and TE. I could see us jumping in front of them to take our choice of who we want.
I could see that, give Patriots our 2nd 4th and 6th, jump in front of Atlanta. Proceed to score countless TD's with Eifert on Atlanta for years to come.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools