Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do people think Eric Wright doesn't suck? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gone

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 25, 2013, 05:25:06 PM

Anyone?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 25, 2013, 06:59:06 PM

Wright has no reason to start other than knowing the system.

Revis, elite and will start. Goldson, same. Barron, we kinda have no choice ATM. Wright... knows the system.

Banks would come here and school him. Of that, I have no doubt. Any of the top five corners in this draft would. Anyone who says, "well, he was the only one..." well, I got news for you, he's the only one with talent on a group of guys who aren't NFL worthy... It doesn't mean much. I could also argue that LJ and even gorror were better than him, pound for pound.

It's OK though. He'll be gone soon enough when schiano sees Wright becoming brees and Ryan's doughboy. Which will surely happen.

Lol. Give me a break.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#47 : April 25, 2013, 07:05:34 PM

We'll see what our coaches have to say about it but my money is on him starting for us next year barring bonehead moves or us moving up or using our second rd pick on a corner.  Doing that would say a lot but everything I've seen leads me to believe that Schiano and the rest of the organization still think he can do good things.  In my mind, picking on Wright is just the popular thing to do these days.  Big contract, Drug suspension and injuries.... Most forget some of his big plays.  Not all were picks.  He had a couple of solid games and considering the state of the rest of our secondary and his injuries I don't think he was as bad as his rep around this place.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#48 : April 25, 2013, 08:11:48 PM

The same could be said for Davin Joseph....his pff rankings have been near the worst in the league year in and year out, yet if we keep saying he's good until we're blue in the face then well...it must be true.
: April 25, 2013, 08:15:58 PM Ramonb

jbear

Pro Bowler

#49 : April 25, 2013, 08:33:21 PM

Lots of knowledgeable people say Joseph is a very good NFL guard.  Some people post videos of one play and use it to call a guy a bum.  lots of armchair quarterbacks around here.  Its funny to me that so many think they know more than professionals who's career depends on them putting together a good football team.  "Professional" They spend every day of their life focused on evaluating players and putting the best team on the field they can. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 25, 2013, 09:26:23 PM

Wright does suck as a starting corner.  He's decent in the slot but seriously exposed outside.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 25, 2013, 09:58:33 PM

At least the dude doesn't give up TDs like hot cakes...

Unlike every other incumbent CB on the roster...

jbear

Pro Bowler

#52 : April 25, 2013, 10:27:50 PM

Here we go again... (He Sucks)  People need to get a better grip on reality.  Sucks implies some kind of dip**CENSORED** moves by the coaches and front office if he plays.  That's just bs.  He's ok.... average.  Some skill and better than anything else we have and likely better than anything we will draft at least right away.  He won't be the worst starting corner in the league if he starts

jbear

Pro Bowler

#53 : April 25, 2013, 10:37:07 PM

I'll go even farther.  He would be about a middle of the pack second corner.  You have to figure that there are always guys starting too soon or because of draft status etc. he's a proven average second corner period.  We could be way worse off but I will wait to be judged by all of you if the coaches and Dom decide to move up or draft a corner with our first pick.  I'm thinking they don't do it.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#54 : April 25, 2013, 11:23:57 PM

Lots of knowledgeable people say Joseph is a very good NFL guard.  Some people post videos of one play and use it to call a guy a bum.  lots of armchair quarterbacks around here.  Its funny to me that so many think they know more than professionals who's career depends on them putting together a good football team.  "Professional" They spend every day of their life focused on evaluating players and putting the best team on the field they can.
I disagree, the numbers dont lie, nor are they based on isolated plays; they are in fact rather comprehensive, and Joseph is perennially in the bottom of the league.  And as far as the "professional" evaluations are concerned...the same people that view Joseph as elite are probably the same that view Aqib as elite.  Joseph is just not that good...all the objective facts support this regardless of subjective evaluations.
: April 25, 2013, 11:26:16 PM Ramonb

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#55 : April 26, 2013, 12:20:25 AM

Wright could have a big season covering the #2 or the slot WR.  He defitnitly is not cut out to cover #1 WR's.

I know its not a popular opinion right now. Everyone hates Eric now, but give him a chance.  It he implodes, cut him .

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 26, 2013, 12:44:22 AM

Wright could have a big season covering the #2 or the slot WR.  He defitnitly is not cut out to cover #1 WR's.

I know its not a popular opinion right now. Everyone hates Eric now, but give him a chance.  It he implodes, cut him .
He won't implode but he'll be burnt

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#57 : April 26, 2013, 01:49:51 AM

He won't implode but he'll be burnt

Exactly.

Who is he going to cover, JJ or White? Think he's got any chance of stopping brees from throwing over, around, and maybe even through him, to any WO on their roster?

He might actually break a nail trying to tackle cam, so Ms. Pillpopping priss doesn't have any worth whatsoever, besides knowing the system. That's it.

I'd like to say the additions of revis and goldson would make the defense better, but it just means they're going to throw at wright more, and that's not good.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do people think Eric Wright doesn't suck? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools