Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most Bad Ass (Hyperbole) Secondary in the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rikes

Starter

#30 : April 24, 2013, 04:58:56 PM

That sure got me pumped! I can't wait for September.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 24, 2013, 10:16:13 PM

I thin some people have forgotten just how bad our DBs were last year. Most anyone would have been an upgrade. Revis on crutches would have been. Any CB drafted on Thursday or Friday would have been. We now have two experienced DBs with probowl credentials. We know what they are capable of. It's not a stretch to expect mediocre as a minimum standard. Mediocre is one helluva upgrade, and it's not unreasonable to expect more than that. It's plain and simple logic.

Our defense went from worst to first against the run. Nobody but nobody predicted that. There was no great effort put forth to reinforce the DL. A couple of healthy players and better coaching made the difference. This year the focus has been on upgrading the personnel. They've done that and we still have the draft and the rest of free agency to add some more to the mix. You don't need pewter and red glasses to see it, but you do need blinders to not to.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most Bad Ass (Hyperbole) Secondary in the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools