Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Info on William Gholston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

bucs449

Hall of Famer

: April 29, 2013, 10:39:44 AM

A guy I work with was on the MSU football staff when they recruited William Gholston and when he played there for the first couple years. He's very excited about Gholston coming to Tampa and here are a few things he said about him

- He was actually a linebacker in high school and when he started at MSU they had him at lb because he came in at 6'7" 230
- As he got into the collegiate lifting program and started eating a lot, he got up to 280 and the coaches couldn't keep him at lb anymore
- They told him if he wants to make money, they're going to move him to end, so only recently did he ever put his hand in the dirt
- At MSU they two gap which speaks to his low sack totals
- He's very new to the position of DE and raw as hell
- With another year in school he could've been a top 15 pick
- He is a great kid and extremely willing to work
- With some NFL coaching, his unbelievable athletic ability could help him become a major steal for the Bucs

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 29, 2013, 10:42:16 AM

this is the most important one.  if this is true we should have a steal.  does your friend have any insight on the incident against michigan a few years ago?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#2 : April 29, 2013, 10:44:47 AM

Maybe he is a player that they are considering at DT for passing downs and rotating at LE otherwise, my best guess but at that point in the draft I like his potential compared to what else was out there.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 29, 2013, 10:45:29 AM

Love how he plays with fire. I mean, this kid likes to hit people and plays with attitude. Plus he has freakish physical attributes. Very interested to see him this preseason.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 29, 2013, 10:47:30 AM

this is the most important one.  if this is true we should have a steal. 

+1

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 29, 2013, 10:47:39 AM

- With another year in school he could've been a top 15 pick
I'm still holding out hope for the guy, but I just don't think there's anything to suggest one more year was going to make a defensive end with a 4.9 40 and sub-30" vertical a top 15 pick.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 29, 2013, 10:49:12 AM

Plus he has freakish physical attributes.
What is freakish about him?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 29, 2013, 10:52:03 AM

I'm still holding out hope for the guy, but I just don't think there's anything to suggest one more year was going to make a defensive end with a 4.9 40 and sub-30" vertical a top 15 pick.

It's possible for a 5 tech in a 3-4 if he played really well, got the size for that position.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 29, 2013, 11:15:23 AM

He didn't say anything about the Michigan incident. He also said he looks like a 5 tech with his insane size and experience in a two gap scheme, but if coached well, he could become very good as a 1 gap 4-3 end. He could definitely fill the role that Bennett had by kicking him down to play inside on pass rush downs. He had an unbelievable game against a great Georgia team in the Outback Bowl a couple years ago with 5 TFLs, 2 sacks, and a fumble recovery. Bottom line is the guys has the tools in terms of size and strength, he's versatile, he's raw, and he is extremely willing to learn and work. He was willing to move from linebacker to defensive end so the sky is really the limit for the young man.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2013, 11:23:56 AM

It's possible for a 5 tech in a 3-4 if he played really well, got the size for that position.
I'll grant him a similar profile to 2011 #31 overall pick Cameron Heyward, but Heyward hasn't started a game in two years, so I'm not sure that's a good thing. Gholston doesn't profile as good as 2012 #16 pick Quinton Coples, who is much faster.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#10 : April 29, 2013, 12:26:41 PM

FRG, comparing him to one player from his scouting report means very little.
Kids got size, skill and work ethic. All good.
Our question must be, with some coaching and conditioning,  is his ceiling higher than Bennett?
I sure hope so, think the same with all here.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 29, 2013, 12:31:49 PM

He's already a complete waste of a pick. Jdouble says so.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 29, 2013, 12:41:03 PM

He's already a complete waste of a pick. Jdouble says so.

Dude you sure spend alot of time and energy on JD.....waddup with dat....he steal ur lunch money?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 29, 2013, 12:46:43 PM

Not feeling Gholston.

Sorry guys but he simply doesn't have much going for him.  If he can play on the inside he has an increased chance of making the team though.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 29, 2013, 12:49:43 PM

From the draft closeout PC, GS and MD seemed to think he will play inside too   (if they get him going.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Info on William Gholston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools