Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Info on William Gholston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 29, 2013, 12:51:05 PM

I have no problem with jdouble. He's just so opnionated about everything,  its fun to bust his chops.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 29, 2013, 12:54:33 PM

From the draft closeout PC, GS and MD seemed to think he will play inside too   (if they get him going.)
Sweet. More players to stop the run.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

sandogbuc

Second String

#17 : April 29, 2013, 12:58:06 PM

Hasn't Bowers already played some DT on passing downs? On 3rd down a D-Line of Gholston, Bowers, McCoy and Clayborn looks pretty darn good to me.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 29, 2013, 12:59:10 PM

The Bucs have Landri for third down pass rushing situations so I seriously question if Gholston will have such "value" for the team.  The Eagles used Landri in this capacity, so I am not sure where this is going.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 29, 2013, 12:59:33 PM

Yeah - I meant on third down...

This is the Dline's year.   I cannot wait to see it.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 29, 2013, 01:19:53 PM

He's already a complete waste of a pick. Jdouble says so.

Dude you sure spend alot of time and energy on JD.....waddup with dat....he steal ur lunch money?

He's butthurt.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 29, 2013, 01:27:28 PM

He passes the eye test. Looks more agile than you think for a 6'7 guy. Moves like he's lighter than 280 and has very good hip flexibility. Rare, but seems to use his hands well in the run game and is a penetrating player against the run. He'll need to develop against the pass and from what I understand that is the more difficult transition to make in the NFL. He can gain another 15-20 pounds and play spell McCoy and Bowers.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 29, 2013, 01:30:41 PM

Impressive power against one of the better offensive lines in college football

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : April 29, 2013, 01:55:47 PM

Plus he has freakish physical attributes.
What is freakish about him?
i guess his height, but from what I've watched he doesn't have any elite athleticism. He looks sluggish to me. Idk. Means you can see the speed and bend and potential. Gholston just seems big. Idk. Hope he's good though

youngone

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 29, 2013, 01:59:33 PM

If he can rush from the inside on passing downs that's going make it harder for QBs.. With that height, it would be like trying to throw over a tree.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#25 : April 29, 2013, 02:25:11 PM

this guy better be something for us cuz jesus christ the kid has a perfect frame for the NFL..and sluggish is too harsh he prolly wasnt pushed hard enough in college

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 29, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

He's one of the draftees Dom had down here for a pre-draft interview. Dom must have come away with a good impression. I've wondered about his alleged lazy streak. If anyone can lite a fire under him it's Schiano!

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#27 : April 29, 2013, 04:05:19 PM

He's a monster, in terms of size and strength.

I watched a lot of him, being all the way up here, and when he gets going, he's really disruptive.
If we can get him to keep the motor running, he could be a nightmare for opposing QB's. He's a headhunter when he gets going.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 29, 2013, 09:58:42 PM

He looked anlittle one dimensional to me, but if he was in a 2 gap scheme that may account for how looks on tape. I think this is the perfect 4th round pick... some natural ability, great size, and if he gets some coaching may develop into something nice. I'm happy with the pick.

Jutt

Starter
#29 : April 29, 2013, 10:03:05 PM

He looked anlittle one dimensional to me, but if he was in a 2 gap scheme that may account for how looks on tape. I think this is the perfect 4th round pick... some natural ability, great size, and if he gets some coaching may develop into something nice. I'm happy with the pick.
Cosign 100%

I think dude just needs to be pushed.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Info on William Gholston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools