Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Info on William Gholston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 29, 2013, 10:15:20 PM

I am sure they also asked Bostad his opinion on him as well as he played against Michigan State twice while he was there.  He is only a junior and still looks a little raw but I am really intrigued by his upside.  I am also hoping our blocked pass numbers will go up as well with him in the game.   Guy has a huge wingspan

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#31 : April 29, 2013, 10:16:23 PM

Bucs449:  If you happen to talk to your 'source' again... ask about his 'lazy' streak.  If he coached him, he would know better then anyone.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Jr.3

Second String

#32 : April 29, 2013, 10:37:30 PM

Heck Jarred allen and Elvis Dumervil were both 4th round picks, so he's in good company. I just hope he can be a rotational  guy and a special team stud.

smithcar

Starter

#33 : April 29, 2013, 10:41:36 PM

As a rookie he could be a rotation guy, he apparently has first round talent but I have heard during the draft that he is lazy, hopefully Schiano can motivate him and he can become a really important player for us.

Jr.3

Second String

#34 : April 29, 2013, 10:48:55 PM

I heard he was lazy also. I also wonder how many people label him lazy just because of his blood lines. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 29, 2013, 10:51:34 PM

The worst and best place is under Schiano's coaches and tutelage.  If he does take plays off, that will end.

This lazy thing is being overblown for certain.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

sachanta

Rookie
#36 : April 29, 2013, 11:07:19 PM

Two interesting things about Will Gholston everyone should know. He was schooled by Levan Taylor Michigan tackle who I think will be a top 5 draft prospect next year.

This is the followup article about Will Gholston after he punched Levan Taylor.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/19125408/two-dirty-plays-dont-tell-the-whole-story-of-spartans-gholston

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 29, 2013, 11:08:58 PM

Bucs449:  If you happen to talk to your 'source' again... ask about his 'lazy' streak.  If he coached him, he would know better then anyone.

Will do tomorrow chief

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#38 : April 29, 2013, 11:15:24 PM

Two interesting things about Will Gholston everyone should know. He was schooled by Levan Taylor Michigan tackle who I think will be a top 5 draft prospect next year.

This is the followup article about Will Gholston after he punched Levan Taylor.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/19125408/two-dirty-plays-dont-tell-the-whole-story-of-spartans-gholston

Gholston doesn't play that bad in this vid....

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 29, 2013, 11:46:27 PM

I think, fans may be to caught up with Gholstons forty time - when in actuality the chances of him running forty yards to have to get to a quarterback are very slim. The two things I look at on defensive are 10-yard and 3-cone and Gholston for his size ran a 1.74 10-yard and a 7.20 3-cone. When you compare him to others from previous drafts with similar height weight categories his is very comparable.  Essentially the 3-cone drills measures the change of direction - the agility, quickness and fluidity of movement in players. Quinton Coples 10-yard 1.63, 3-cone 7.57 beats Gholston in straight line speed and closing burst - Gholston has much better fluidity and change of direction. I think that Gholston is going to surprise some and really come in to his own as a situational rusher as a rookie and by the end of his third season be a nightmare for opposing offenses to contain.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 30, 2013, 12:45:40 AM

Being a 3-4 DE he fits in perfectly with Clayborn and Bowers. Another plodder.

I'm trying to figure out how Means fits in. He is much too light and quick to be a DE here.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 30, 2013, 12:49:02 AM

I think, fans may be to caught up with Gholstons forty time - when in actuality the chances of him running forty yards to have to get to a quarterback are very slim. The two things I look at on defensive are 10-yard and 3-cone and Gholston for his size ran a 1.74 10-yard and a 7.20 3-cone. When you compare him to others from previous drafts with similar height weight categories his is very comparable.  Essentially the 3-cone drills measures the change of direction - the agility, quickness and fluidity of movement in players. Quinton Coples 10-yard 1.63, 3-cone 7.57 beats Gholston in straight line speed and closing burst - Gholston has much better fluidity and change of direction. I think that Gholston is going to surprise some and really come in to his own as a situational rusher as a rookie and by the end of his third season be a nightmare for opposing offenses to contain.

Good post.  I agree that 40 times for any linemen are the wrong place to look for ability to translate to the NFL.

Just like Banks runs a slow 40 but DESTROYS Rhodes in the shuttle and 3 cone drills.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 30, 2013, 12:53:22 AM

Being a 3-4 DE he fits in perfectly with Clayborn and Bowers. Another plodder.

I'm trying to figure out how Means fits in. He is much too light and quick to be a DE here.
Change of pace.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 30, 2013, 02:24:34 AM

I think, fans may be to caught up with Gholstons forty time - when in actuality the chances of him running forty yards to have to get to a quarterback are very slim. The two things I look at on defensive are 10-yard and 3-cone and Gholston for his size ran a 1.74 10-yard and a 7.20 3-cone. When you compare him to others from previous drafts with similar height weight categories his is very comparable.  Essentially the 3-cone drills measures the change of direction - the agility, quickness and fluidity of movement in players. Quinton Coples 10-yard 1.63, 3-cone 7.57 beats Gholston in straight line speed and closing burst - Gholston has much better fluidity and change of direction.

Voice of reason.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#44 : April 30, 2013, 05:21:53 AM

He's one of the draftees Dom had down here for a pre-draft interview. Dom must have come away with a good impression.

I was wondering about this earlier today but didnt want to start a thread about it, and I couldnt find the thread where it listed all our pre-draft invites (I think it was started by yuccs). Does anybody know which of our pre-draft interviews we ended up drafting? Hes obviously one, but were there any others? Thanks.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Info on William Gholston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools