Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#345 : May 20, 2013, 07:24:58 PM

Glennon is smart.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#346 : May 20, 2013, 07:26:33 PM

Glennon is smart.
Yea I know, just entertaining myself.

gone

Hall of Famer
#347 : May 20, 2013, 07:33:25 PM

Schiano reiterates competition for Freeman

Bucs coach Greg Schiano reiterated Monday that Josh Freeman will face competition from third-rounder Mike Glennon.
Schiano and GM Mark Dominik were attempting to claim that they haven't lost faith in Freeman, but Schiano couldn't resist putting Freeman's feet to the fire once more. "I try to tell (the media) the truth that I believe in Josh Freeman and he's our starting quarterback," Schiano said. "But I believe in competition." In the NFL, anything less than an unequivocal endorsement should be construed as a lack of faith. The Bucs are going to make Freeman work for his job, plain and simple.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Vin needs to tell Stroud to put down his "I hate Josh" sign.  Obviously reading too much into Schiano's comments because he hates Josh.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#348 : May 20, 2013, 07:40:15 PM

Schiano reiterates competition for Freeman

Bucs coach Greg Schiano reiterated Monday that Josh Freeman will face competition from third-rounder Mike Glennon.
Schiano and GM Mark Dominik were attempting to claim that they haven't lost faith in Freeman, but Schiano couldn't resist putting Freeman's feet to the fire once more. "I try to tell (the media) the truth that I believe in Josh Freeman and he's our starting quarterback," Schiano said. "But I believe in competition." In the NFL, anything less than an unequivocal endorsement should be construed as a lack of faith. The Bucs are going to make Freeman work for his job, plain and simple.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Vin needs to tell Stroud to put down his "I hate Josh" sign.  Obviously reading too much into Schiano's comments because he hates Josh.
Pretty sure that's commentary from Rotoworld.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#349 : May 20, 2013, 09:15:40 PM

From Bucs Facebook page via Pewter Report

Schiano said we have our starting QB and it is Josh Freeman.
Like   Share 1 @PewterReport on Twitter 30 minutes ago

Jeez. Bucs fans are never happy with the QB they have.

"We have a starting quarterback. Its not like were looking to find a starter."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-5760.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

They aren't looking for a starter but, they won't hesitate to replace the starter either.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#350 : May 20, 2013, 09:41:27 PM

Whatever floats your boat man.

Schiano has made it crystal clear over the last few days, in several different interviews, that Freeman is our starting QB and they are not looking to replace him. He even went as far as to say that while they want Glennon ready to play, he won't be used unless he is needed. Unless Freeman is absolutely horrible or injured....Glennon won't get a single snap this season. Everyone can see that except you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#351 : May 20, 2013, 10:20:36 PM

S has also said it isn't out if the realm of possibility that Cannon could take over.

Ultimately, if Free decides to stop taking his Schizo meds, he will be yoinked, and free to venture elsewhere.

It is obvious as hell that S is not enamoured with 5. He drafted a QB with a relatively decent pick, he recruited the guy, and Freeman's track record is meh.

Whoever wins, benefits the fans if the Bucs. Bucs are still looking for a QB as far as I am concerned.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#352 : May 21, 2013, 12:55:52 AM

Wow. We are still going on Glennon possibly starting? Hilarious. Im pulling of the kid but I find out pretty ironic that the same people clamoring for him will be the FIRST to turn their backs on the guy when he skips on in the dirt or "doesn't hit his receivers in stride".

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#353 : May 21, 2013, 02:04:46 AM

Why are people so opposed to the kid? Don't you want him to start if he earns it?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#354 : May 21, 2013, 07:14:46 AM

Why are people so opposed to the kid? Don't you want him to start if he earns it?

Because he wasn't in their Mock Drafts. That's really what it comes down to.

I don't think the kid can beat out Freeman realistically , but if he balled out in the preseason Russell Wilson style I'd be open to the possibility...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#355 : May 21, 2013, 08:00:18 AM

Glennon threw a last minute TD that beat Florida State, ending their "perfect season".  JMO, but that has a lot to do with it.  You'd think a Buc fan would want someone like that on the team...

Another question:  Which conference had better defenses?  Big12 (2006-2008) or ACC (2011-2012)?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#356 : May 21, 2013, 08:07:47 AM

I doubt the FSU game has anything to do with anyone not liking Glennon.

It probably has more to do with the fact we used our 3rd on a back up QB when we could have used the pick on a starter that would have actually made us a better team.
: May 21, 2013, 08:10:01 AM JDouble

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#357 : May 21, 2013, 08:08:47 AM

^^^ and here's the first one.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#358 : May 21, 2013, 08:11:13 AM

Not even a FSU fan bro.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#359 : May 21, 2013, 08:22:12 AM

Funny because at one time jdouble had us taking ej manuel in the 3rd round...the same qb Glennon outplayed all game despite having less talent around him...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools