Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#45 : April 29, 2013, 09:06:24 PM

I don't think he'll start a game this year unless injuries force him to. Next year though he could be an actual threat.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#46 : April 29, 2013, 09:12:37 PM

How much are the Bucs going to have pay Freeman next offseason? $15 million a year or $20? That is one of the biggest reasons we drafted Mike Glennon.

So if Freeman has a good year to get that type of money. We should let him go for a unknown player?

No but, if Free has an average year let him walk.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 29, 2013, 09:14:07 PM

How much are the Bucs going to have pay Freeman next offseason? $15 million a year or $20? That is one of the biggest reasons we drafted Mike Glennon.

So if Freeman has a good year to get that type of money. We should let him go for a unknown player?

I hope Glennon could replace him. I'm tired of losing seasons.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#48 : April 29, 2013, 09:20:18 PM

Yeah, I'm tired of the errant throws game after game. This is Free's last chance or he's gone.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 29, 2013, 10:24:00 PM

Lol

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 29, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Glennon will and should take over the reigns for Freeman. Dude will be a straight stud.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#51 : April 29, 2013, 11:00:59 PM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

So hes better than Freeman already....but hes not ready to be a starting NFL QB, which Freeman is?

What the fukk!?

Yea its not that complicated. It pretty much means I don't think Freeman is a good quarter back, and he's only starting because Raheem and Dom made a bad choice in 2009. I should have said "good" quarter back in my previous post. Let me rephrase.

I don't think Glennon will be ready to be a good starting QB as a rookie, and I dont think Freeman is or will be a good QB at all. None the less, our team is going to be really talented on offense and defense now, talented enough so that a below average QB can easily succeed.

Good QBs dont throw for 4,000 yards and 25+ touchdowns.

Your logic is still flawed, theres no way this guy is better than an established Freeman, i dont care how inconsistent. .

I should have stopped reading after "I dont think Josh Freeman is a good QB"

Ah another stats tell the truth young blood. You'll learn one day.

Geno Smith threw for 4,205 yards 42 TDs, 6ints and an outstanding 71% completion percentage. In Andrew Luck's last year at stanford he threw for 3517 yards 71% completion as well, 37 TDs and 10 ints. The stats say Geno is a better prospect than the best QB prospect in the last decade, Andrew Luck. The reason why it was not the case and Geno is not even close to Luck is because stats don't show you anything about what made luck such a good quarter back and the major flaws in Geno Smiths game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#52 : April 29, 2013, 11:03:20 PM

All that says is Geno had two amazing receivers and a cutting edge offense that college defenses couldn't keep up with.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 29, 2013, 11:06:17 PM

Shhhh...a 24-34 record as a starting QB is 100% due to not having any talent around him!!! (at least in Freeman's case)

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#54 : April 29, 2013, 11:13:00 PM

BTW, I keep seeing people post "you don't take a backup QB in the 3rd round," and I don't understand it. That's putting way too much faith in Freeman especially considering he hasn't earned it.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#55 : April 29, 2013, 11:15:09 PM

Let's see; Russell Wilson had the same college coach and was a 3rd round pick who took over QB in Seattle in his rookie year. Worked fairly well for them... And Glennon I believe has a stronger arm... Oh, and before that their college coach also coached Matt Ryan, who I hate to admit, has turned out fairly well for Atlanta... Glennon worked in the same pro-style offense and is hard-working and a quick-study; he should quickly devour our playbook. I wouldn't so quickly dismiss the possibility of Glennon starting later in the year. I doubt Schiano plans to do so at this early stage, but if he develops quickly... anything's possible...
    I wanted us to grab a stud DT early, but with the Revis trade, it then seemed unlikely. After Banks, no chance it would happen. So be it. I was frankly stunned when we took a QB in round 3; totally unexpected. Now that I've read on Glennon, it makes perfectly good sense...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 29, 2013, 11:21:24 PM

Wilson's going to come crashing back down to reality this season just like what happened to Cam this past season.

BTW, I keep seeing people post "you don't take a backup QB in the 3rd round," and I don't understand it. That's putting way too much faith in Freeman especially considering he hasn't earned it.

Because it is bad value as most competent QB's are drafted in the top ten of the draft.  So, the Bucs draft a QB in the top ten in 2014, or if they can't do that with the massive cap space they will have, they can sign a free agent QB. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 29, 2013, 11:35:34 PM

Wilson's going to come crashing back down to reality this season just like what happened to Cam this past season.

What is this genius statement based on? He's probably the smartest QB drafted last year and they added Percy Harvin to an already impressive offense. Please enlighten me.

Also, Cam not only had a better season statistically this year than as a rookie, but the Panthers also had a much better record. So....wut dafuq r u talkin bout?
: April 29, 2013, 11:38:43 PM JDouble

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#58 : April 29, 2013, 11:39:35 PM

Because it is bad value as most competent QB's are drafted in the top ten of the draft.  So, the Bucs draft a QB in the top ten in 2014, or if they can't do that with the massive cap space they will have, they can sign a free agent QB.

Cam Newton had arguably a better season in 2012 than he did in his rookie season.

In regards to Glennon, people are just assuming he's gonna be a backup QB which I think at this point is a bad assumption. Let's say Freeman is average in 2013, isn't resigned, and the Bucs go w/Glennon as the 2014 starter to begin the season...still "bad value?"

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#59 : April 29, 2013, 11:42:19 PM

What is this genius statement based on? He's probably the smartest QB drafted last year and they added Percy Harvin to an already impressive offense. Please enlighten me.

Also, Cam not only had a better season statistically this year than as a rookie, but the Panthers also had a much better record. So....wut dafuq r u talkin bout?

In all's defense, I see the "Russell Wilson is in for a rough season" type comments on here a lot, and most of my friends feel the same way. No way I agree though...as a matter of fact, if I had to choose between him, Luck, and RG3 to lead my franchise from next season on, I'm taking Wilson.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools