Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 32

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

: April 29, 2013, 05:35:16 PM

To all of those people saying Glennon is a Freeman clone, you clearly have not watched any film on him. I have watched all of the available film I can find on Glennon and IMO the only thing Freeman can do better is scramble. I know Freeman has more experience but, I tell you what, he better watch his back because Glennon will be there ready to take over if he falters. The accuracy comparisons are also a joke. Iv'e included a link here of the NC State vs North Carolina game to give you an idea of his accuracy. He had at least 8 dropped passes which hurt his percentage and he put the ball right on the numbers most of the time with a few exceptions and also made a few incredible passes that very few QB's can make. Freeman cannot hit the broad side of a barn if he's standing right in front of it. IMO Glennon has a better arm, a quicker release, a higher pro style release, has better pocket awareness, better field vision and his upside is through the roof. Freeman wants to guide the ball and throws side arm too much which affects his accuracy. I am really excited about this pick. This was a smart move regardless of other needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj8

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 29, 2013, 05:40:45 PM

glennon homer or troll?

this cant be for real.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2013, 05:45:39 PM

Not a threat to him this year.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2013, 05:47:44 PM

Not this year unless freeman struggles.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2013, 05:48:43 PM

Welcome to the boards, Mike!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : April 29, 2013, 05:51:38 PM

what's the o/u as far as which game into the season will Buc fans will be yelling for Glennon to come in?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 29, 2013, 05:55:22 PM

what's the o/u as far as which game into the season will Buc fans will be yelling for Glennon to come in?

0, there already are guys yelling for Glennon over Freeman.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 29, 2013, 05:56:56 PM

I wonder how well he'd actually handle pressure in an NFL game with the heat on...

Pick six!!! Oh crap, we benched Freeman in favor of this guy and we have a New York Jets situation part 2.

The kid will have to come in and earn his stripes.

Freeman was a first round pick on a bad Buccaneers squad and still didn't get into the starting role until half the season was over and we are winless....

I'd bet any amount of money that these Bucs win atleast 1 game before the end of the first half of the season.

Philly drafts QBs all the time and even into the second round and they don't come in as a big threat to start.... Pittsburgh drafted Landry Jones, is he now a threat to Ben's job?...

Philly even used a 4th round pick on Barkley when he has no shot to start considering Vick, Foles, and Dixon are all ahead of him on the depth chart as it is...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 29, 2013, 05:58:45 PM

If you put "PERIOD!" at the end of a sentence, it makes it true.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 29, 2013, 06:39:58 PM

While I have to agree that the team as a unit could plug and play just about any QB, I also have enough sense to know that without freeman this year we're asking for failure.

There are little excuses for freeman this season. He lights it up, or doesn't.

Regardless, to do all this off season trading, just to drop freeman for a third round reach pick is a thought pattern that I could never agree with.

You can whine all you want, but the fact of the matter is that freeman is the best buccaneer QB ever statistically speaking. If you're that hung up on getting rid of the guy, you might want to avoid games this season. Because he's going to be out there.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 29, 2013, 06:42:40 PM

Welcome to the boards, Mike!

;D

Jutt

Starter
#12 : April 29, 2013, 06:58:48 PM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

So hes better than Freeman already....but hes not ready to be a starting NFL QB, which Freeman is?

What the fukk!?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 29, 2013, 07:05:20 PM

If you put "PERIOD!" at the end of a sentence, it makes it true.

PERIOD!

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : April 29, 2013, 07:11:28 PM

This dude Glennon is going to be a pain in the ass for us  Buc fans because you peeps who think you know more than Schiano will be whining all season for him to start.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools