Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#30 : April 29, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

This dude Glennon is going to be a pain in the ass for us  Buc fans because you peeps who think you know more than Schiano will be whining all season for him to start.

Look, I'm just happy we have Glennon in case Free fails which is a real possibility. Free has had one consistent year in his short career. I want Freeman to have a great season and keep Glennon on the bench because that will mean we are winning games. Answer me this. If you had to bet your house on whether Free would have a great or mediocre year which way would you go?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : April 29, 2013, 08:19:09 PM

The kid can definitely sling the football

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#32 : April 29, 2013, 08:23:51 PM

Good God Almighty. Bucs fans are never happy with the QB they have. Josh sets records in passing yardage and TD's and Bucs fans are clamoring for a QB change. The Defense relinquished 3-4 late game leads. Yeah Josh had 3 very bad games. But every QB in the NFL has bad games from time to time.

Here is my problem with Freeman. The man is the most frustrating QB in the NFL. Game after game after game he consistently misses wide open receivers and that in turn has been a momentum killer in several games. He has lost games all by himself because he is so off target. I get so tired of him having all day to throw only to throw an int or overthrow a receiver by a mile. Free is close to being the most inaccurate QB in the NFL. As far as the yardage records go you have to admit Free had a three game stretch where he was extremely lucky with long TD passes. Example is hitting Jackson for over 90 yards on a ball that should have been intercepted or at least broken up.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#33 : April 29, 2013, 08:29:19 PM

Bucs coach Greg Schiano clarified that No. 73 pick Mike Glennon is not being viewed as immediate competition for Josh Freeman.

Glennon is more likely to sit and watch as a rookie behind Freeman and Dan Orlovsky, and perhaps push for playing time in 2014. (Both Freeman and Orlovsky have one year left on their contracts.) "I think thats hard with any rookie quarterback," said Schiano of Glennon playing right away. "Its going to be a matter of how fast he grasps our system and all those things. And the fact of the matter is, we have a starting quarterback."

He provides no threat to Freeman at all. This is a make or break year for Freeman. If he doesn't do well, he won't be on the team next year which has nothing to do with Glennon being here and if he does do well, we have our franchise QB and Glennon is riding the bench for his entire career in Tampa.

This thread sucks.

That is a smoke screen from Schiano because he doesn't want to stir the pot. Schiano loves Glennon without a doubt and this pick was clearly made to replace Free is he doesn't get the job done and Schiano doesn't believe in Free.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 29, 2013, 08:31:49 PM

Good God Almighty. Bucs fans are never happy with the QB they have. Josh sets records in passing yardage and TD's and Bucs fans are clamoring for a QB change. The Defense relinquished 3-4 late game leads. Yeah Josh had 3 very bad games. But every QB in the NFL has bad games from time to time.

Here is my problem with Freeman. The man is the most frustrating QB in the NFL. Game after game after game he consistently misses wide open receivers and that in turn has been a momentum killer in several games. He has lost games all by himself because he is so off target. I get so tired of him having all day to throw only to throw an int or overthrow a receiver by a mile. Free is close to being the most inaccurate QB in the NFL. As far as the yardage records go you have to admit Free had a three game stretch where he was extremely lucky with long TD passes. Example is hitting Jackson for over 90 yards on a ball that should have been intercepted or at least broken up.

Do you have stats to back this claim up? How do you get lucky with multiple deep TD passes? How about that pass to Mike Williams in between the corner and safety down the sideline that Mike dropped? What about that strike down the middle between 3 defenders to Vincent for a touchdown? Yes Freeman is off at times but he is far from the most inaccurate QB in the NFL.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 29, 2013, 08:32:13 PM

LOL - now that was funny.  Schiano doesn't want to stir the pot - hell, he has a mixer going on high....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 29, 2013, 08:33:36 PM

Hopefully they will both learn from each other and push each other to be better than they were the previous day.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 29, 2013, 08:35:21 PM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

So hes better than Freeman already....but hes not ready to be a starting NFL QB, which Freeman is?

What the fukk!?

Yea its not that complicated. It pretty much means I don't think Freeman is a good quarter back, and he's only starting because Raheem and Dom made a bad choice in 2009. I should have said "good" quarter back in my previous post. Let me rephrase.

I don't think Glennon will be ready to be a good starting QB as a rookie, and I dont think Freeman is or will be a good QB at all. None the less, our team is going to be really talented on offense and defense now, talented enough so that a below average QB can easily succeed.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 29, 2013, 08:37:38 PM

Bucs coach Greg Schiano clarified that No. 73 pick Mike Glennon is not being viewed as immediate competition for Josh Freeman.

Glennon is more likely to sit and watch as a rookie behind Freeman and Dan Orlovsky, and perhaps push for playing time in 2014. (Both Freeman and Orlovsky have one year left on their contracts.) "I think thats hard with any rookie quarterback," said Schiano of Glennon playing right away. "Its going to be a matter of how fast he grasps our system and all those things. And the fact of the matter is, we have a starting quarterback."

He provides no threat to Freeman at all. This is a make or break year for Freeman. If he doesn't do well, he won't be on the team next year which has nothing to do with Glennon being here and if he does do well, we have our franchise QB and Glennon is riding the bench for his entire career in Tampa.

This thread sucks.

That is a smoke screen from Schiano because he doesn't want to stir the pot. Schiano loves Glennon without a doubt and this pick was clearly made to replace Free is he doesn't get the job done and Schiano doesn't believe in Free.
Lol bro, that's just reaching now. I like the Glennon too but Schiano is no fool. Dom's job is linked to the success this season, he wouldn't make the moves he made this off season with a plan to hand it over to a 3rd round rookie. Do you seriously believe that? Take him at his word for this one. He'll watch and learn and maybe push for playing time after this season depending how things go with Freeman (which I believe he will he ball out this year).

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 29, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

Whoa...  there is definitely some tin foil hat stuff in this one. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 29, 2013, 08:41:47 PM

Whoa...  there is definitely some tin foil hat stuff in this one.
Lol definitely

Jutt

Starter
#41 : April 29, 2013, 08:49:41 PM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

So hes better than Freeman already....but hes not ready to be a starting NFL QB, which Freeman is?

What the fukk!?

Yea its not that complicated. It pretty much means I don't think Freeman is a good quarter back, and he's only starting because Raheem and Dom made a bad choice in 2009. I should have said "good" quarter back in my previous post. Let me rephrase.

I don't think Glennon will be ready to be a good starting QB as a rookie, and I dont think Freeman is or will be a good QB at all. None the less, our team is going to be really talented on offense and defense now, talented enough so that a below average QB can easily succeed.

Good QBs dont throw for 4,000 yards and 25+ touchdowns.

Your logic is still flawed, theres no way this guy is better than an established Freeman, i dont care how inconsistent.

I should have stopped reading after "I dont think Josh Freeman is a good QB"
: April 29, 2013, 08:51:55 PM Jutt

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 29, 2013, 08:52:46 PM

How much are the Bucs going to have pay Freeman next offseason? $15 million a year or $20? That is one of the biggest reasons we drafted Mike Glennon.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#43 : April 29, 2013, 08:56:14 PM

How much are the Bucs going to have pay Freeman next offseason? $15 million a year or $20? That is one of the biggest reasons we drafted Mike Glennon.

That is definitely a consideration. They don't want to over pay an inconsistent Freeman like Baltimore did Flacco. They have an offense that can succeed with Glennon.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 29, 2013, 08:58:59 PM

So if Freeman has a good year to get that type of money. We should let him go for a unknown player?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools