Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#75 : April 30, 2013, 08:52:45 AM

Wilson's going to come crashing back down to reality this season just like what happened to Cam this past season.

What is this genius statement based on? He's probably the smartest QB drafted last year and they added Percy Harvin to an already impressive offense. Please enlighten me.

Also, Cam not only had a better season statistically this year than as a rookie, but the Panthers also had a much better record. So....wut dafuq r u talkin bout?

In all's defense, I see the "Russell Wilson is in for a rough season" type comments on here a lot, and most of my friends feel the same way. No way I agree though...as a matter of fact, if I had to choose between him, Luck, and RG3 to lead my franchise from next season on, I'm taking Wilson.

All three QBs will struggle this year. Its life in the NFL. You burst on to the scene, defenses adjust to you and then you slide. From that point, you either adjust your game to counteract what the defense is doing to you or you fail.

Cam is a prime example. He was not good the first half of the season but toward the end of the year, he started to figure it out and put up Cam-like numbers. I think Cam takes a big leap forward this year...thankfully, the team around him sucks whale nads or I'd be worried.

Freeman is another example. His first full year as a starter he was Pro Bowl worthy (Freeman haters hit reply in 3....2...1....) but in 2011 defenses had figured him out and he had a terrible year.

Say what you will about his 2012 season but I thought Freeman had a nice bounce back year.  If not for that three game stretch at the end of the year no one would be talking about replacing him (well, some would still go to their grave hating him...but most fans would be on board).

In my opinion, this season will be the definitive indication as to what we have in Freeman. Either he's going to become more consistent and not have those awful season sabotaging stretches of games or he will and be sent on his way.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#76 : April 30, 2013, 08:59:21 AM

All three QBs will struggle this year. Its life in the NFL. You burst on to the scene, defenses adjust to you and then you slide. From that point, you either adjust your game to counteract what the defense is doing to you or you fail.

Cam is a prime example. He was not good the first half of the season but toward the end of the year, he started to figure it out and put up Cam-like numbers. I think Cam takes a big leap forward this year...thankfully, the team around him sucks whale nads or I'd be worried.

Freeman is another example. His first full year as a starter he was Pro Bowl worthy (Freeman haters hit reply in 3....2...1....) but in 2011 defenses had figured him out and he had a terrible year.

Say what you will about his 2012 season but I thought Freeman had a nice bounce back year.  If not for that three game stretch at the end of the year no one would be talking about replacing him (well, some would still go to their grave hating him...but most fans would be on board).

In my opinion, this season will be the definitive indication as to what we have in Freeman. Either he's going to become more consistent and not have those awful season sabotaging stretches of games or he will and be sent on his way.

It wasn't three games it was six, and the thing about horrible games....you don't get to pretend they didn't happen. Playing the "what if" is pointless. Freeman had some stinkers early, got hot for a 5 game stretch, and then bombed the end of the season. That is reality.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#77 : April 30, 2013, 09:10:17 AM

Freeman also goes on streaks where he is on fire and virtually unstoppable. I think its safe to say he's a pretty streaky guy.
For every unstoppable streak he has 5 crap streaks...sorry.  I was a freeman supporter once, but no mas.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#78 : April 30, 2013, 09:28:11 AM

Well, the two previous posts speaketh the truth.
Free homers either ignore the pitiful performances or try and cloud them with excuses.
Let's endure one more season then send him bye bye.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 30, 2013, 09:33:10 AM

Glennon will make a fine back up......to Teddy Bridgewater in 2014.

If the Bucs are in a spot to draft Bridgewater then I'm going to be really depressed about the 2013 season.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 30, 2013, 09:37:08 AM

To all of those people saying Glennon is a Freeman clone, you clearly have not watched any film on him. I have watched all of the available film I can find on Glennon and IMO the only thing Freeman can do better is scramble. I know Freeman has more experience but, I tell you what, he better watch his back because Glennon will be there ready to take over if he falters. The accuracy comparisons are also a joke. Iv'e included a link here of the NC State vs North Carolina game to give you an idea of his accuracy. He had at least 8 dropped passes which hurt his percentage and he put the ball right on the numbers most of the time with a few exceptions and also made a few incredible passes that very few QB's can make. Freeman cannot hit the broad side of a barn if he's standing right in front of it. IMO Glennon has a better arm, a quicker release, a higher pro style release, has better pocket awareness, better field vision and his upside is through the roof. Freeman wants to guide the ball and throws side arm too much which affects his accuracy. I am really excited about this pick. This was a smart move regardless of other needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj8

Don't call it film, call it youtube videos. Big difference.

Watching film means you have the entire view of the field and all players on it during the entire play and also have a play call list so you know who's doing what. Youtube is just watching a broadcast view.

Regardless, I like Glennon and so does Howard Cosell who is a guy who watches a lot of tape and is usually very good with QB  break down. He thinks Glennon was the best QB in this years draft.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 30, 2013, 10:19:39 AM

Interesting article from Justin P., aka The Commish...

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/tampa-bay-buccaneers-select-nc-state-qb-mike-glennon-as-the-right-guy-at-the-right-time

Commish: Mike Glennon was the Right Pick at the Right Time for the Bucs

I refused to fall trap to all of the negativity that clouded Tampa Bay on Friday night, and after extensive research on Sunday night, Im glad I did.

Unfortunately, Im limited in what actual research and film I can actually watch. I went to youtube and watched every one of Mike Glennons throws in games against Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina.  I was pleasantly surprised at what I found.

Here is why picking Glennon was a smart move for the Bucs.

For me there were only 4 QB's in this years draft class that fit the Bucs offense scheme. Geno Smith, EJ Manual, Mike Glennon and Landry Jones. All 4 have elite arm strength to push the ball down the field. Manual and Smith were gone. When the Bucs were on the clock in the 3rd round they had a decision to make. Take the QB they rated highest on their draft board or wait, gamble and see if that players falls to #112 slot in the 4th round. Barkley and Nassib are both good QB prospects but they don't have the elite arm strength. Both were taken prior to the #112 pick. Would Glennon have gone to the Eagles or Giants? Maybe, maybe not.

Glennon was the Bucs choice and the selection allows a QB a chance to come and learn the Bucs offense without having to rush him. If Freeman excels in 2013, and I believe he will, then the Bucs have a good Back-up that can develop behind Josh and be an adequate #2 QB. Trading Glennon in a few years is then a possibility.  If Josh fails then the Bucs aren't handcuffed to a QB in the 1st round next year.

We can debate this until we are Blue in the face. I would have preferred a Veteran back-up but I'm just a fan. For better or worse this is what we have. Time will tell if this was a good move or a bad one.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#82 : April 30, 2013, 10:49:44 AM

For me there were only 4 QB's in this years draft class that fit the Bucs offense scheme. Geno Smith, EJ Manual, Mike Glennon and Landry Jones. All 4 have elite arm strength to push the ball down the field. Manual and Smith were gone. When the Bucs were on the clock in the 3rd round they had a decision to make. Take the QB they rated highest on their draft board or wait, gamble and see if that players falls to #112 slot in the 4th round. Barkley and Nassib are both good QB prospects but they don't have the elite arm strength. Both were taken prior to the #112 pick. Would Glennon have gone to the Eagles or Giants? Maybe, maybe not.

Glennon was the Bucs choice and the selection allows a QB a chance to come and learn the Bucs offense without having to rush him. If Freeman excels in 2013, and I believe he will, then the Bucs have a good Back-up that can develop behind Josh and be an adequate #2 QB. Trading Glennon in a few years is then a possibility.  If Josh fails then the Bucs aren't handcuffed to a QB in the 1st round next year.

We can debate this until we are Blue in the face. I would have preferred a Veteran back-up but I'm just a fan. For better or worse this is what we have. Time will tell if this was a good move or a bad one.
solid post

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#83 : April 30, 2013, 10:52:11 AM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

So hes better than Freeman already....but hes not ready to be a starting NFL QB, which Freeman is?

What the fukk!?

Yea its not that complicated. It pretty much means I don't think Freeman is a good quarter back, and he's only starting because Raheem and Dom made a bad choice in 2009. I should have said "good" quarter back in my previous post. Let me rephrase.

I don't think Glennon will be ready to be a good starting QB as a rookie, and I dont think Freeman is or will be a good QB at all. None the less, our team is going to be really talented on offense and defense now, talented enough so that a below average QB can easily succeed.

Good QBs dont throw for 4,000 yards and 25+ touchdowns.

Your logic is still flawed, theres no way this guy is better than an established Freeman, i dont care how inconsistent. .

I should have stopped reading after "I dont think Josh Freeman is a good QB"

Ah another stats tell the truth young blood. You'll learn one day.

Geno Smith threw for 4,205 yards 42 TDs, 6ints and an outstanding 71% completion percentage. In Andrew Luck's last year at stanford he threw for 3517 yards 71% completion as well, 37 TDs and 10 ints. The stats say Geno is a better prospect than the best QB prospect in the last decade, Andrew Luck. The reason why it was not the case and Geno is not even close to Luck is because stats don't show you anything about what made luck such a good quarter back and the major flaws in Geno Smiths game.

So were comparing college to the pros now? Cool story. You clearly have an agenda here.

The fact still remains.There is no way that Glennon is a better QB than Freeman right now. Odly enough his scouting report reads eerily similiar to Josh's but nooo those scouts cant be right.

And since youre so hard on stats, why is it that EVERYBODY uses stats to guage where a player is? Surely everybody is wrong and youre right.

You must have misunderstood everything I just said.. I never compared college to the pros. I compared a college prospect to another college prospect, Andrew Luck and Geno Smith, clearly Andrew Luck was the better prospect.  "why is it that EVERYBODY uses stats to guage where a player is?" They shouldn't and they don't, did you not read about my comparison between Geno and Lucks stats? Geno's stats are better, so were RG3 and Brandon Weeden's. So everybody had those guys as better prospects than Luck? You think Doug Martin got a first round RB grade because his stats put him there? No way, he got a first round grade because when people actually saw what he did and how he obtained his yards and they realized he is potential probowler. You think stats were used to gauge Adrian Clayborn his last season? if they were he would have been a late second round pick. The people using stats to guage where a player is are the same people I argued with last season who swore to me that Justin Blackmon is better than Dez Bryant. I can really write an entire page worth on this.

Different issue now. "The fact still remains.There is no way that Glennon is a better QB than Freeman right now." No that is not a fact at all. If Freeman is not a good QB, which he is not, than Glennon could be better than Freeman. So the issue you and me must have is as simple as is Freeman a good QB? I have said and still say no. You say "yes look at these stats they prove it" and we're back to me telling you that you'll learn one day.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 30, 2013, 10:54:16 AM

solid post

Apparently, we say this on the red board.... Boom!

Good post.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#85 : April 30, 2013, 11:09:03 AM

This thread makes me laugh.

Glennon, was a nice safety pick. But unless Freeman plays badly all year instead of just 3 bad games like he had in 2012, this kid Glennon will be on the bench all year. I love the dropped passes excuses, what about the tipped balls that led to INT's for Freeman? They count for Freeman but not for Glennon? Great analysis.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

ingey1968

Starter

#86 : April 30, 2013, 12:42:41 PM

This dude Glennon is going to be a pain in the ass for us  Buc fans because you peeps who think you know more than Schiano will be whining all season for him to start.

The back up QB on a team with a average QB is always the most popular player with the fans

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 30, 2013, 12:45:18 PM

This dude Glennon is going to be a pain in the ass for us  Buc fans because you peeps who think you know more than Schiano will be whining all season for him to start.

The back up QB on a team with a average QB is always the most popular player with the fans

Like fans know talent? Mike hunt anyone?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ingey1968

Starter

#88 : April 30, 2013, 12:46:32 PM

as much as message board GM's, yes

ingey1968

Starter

#89 : April 30, 2013, 12:49:59 PM

Just to be clear, Glennon shouldn't be allowed to get anywhere near the field this season in my opinion. if he does, our season has gone horribly wrong. I am not a fan but i think it does show the people in charge aren't as comfortable with Freeman long term as some think they are.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools