Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 32

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#315 : May 20, 2013, 07:41:25 AM

Dude....we went out and got Revis and Goldson and drafted Banks....what is there to b!tch about? We did everything possible to improve the secondary.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#316 : May 20, 2013, 08:32:05 AM

At this early stage, It is a FACT that Freeman has an NFL experience edge on Glennon. With that said, even if Glennon plays better in the upcoming TC, Schiano would likely stick with the more experienced player, Freeman. However, the first real game Freeman brain-farts enough to cost us the game, Schiano is gonna start at least considering making a change for the next game. Schiano wants to WIN, and will do what he and his ACs think gives them the best chance...
    The 49ers had a 1st rounder at QB, Alex Smith, who even took them into the playoffs. Despite that success, part way into last season, they made the switch to special-K, and the rest is history... Same scenario COULD unfold here...  8)

shouldn't Talib have been more experienced when we had a horrific db collection? (I know, the attitude pretty much sealed it for Talib and K2 probably as well), but I have a feeling if Glennon puts his toes on the line, and shows a connection with his receivers, the "if he wins it" comment may be more then just coach-speak.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#317 : May 20, 2013, 10:18:47 AM

Unless Freeman gets off the suckwagon, Glennon is indeed threatening him.

+1

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#318 : May 20, 2013, 10:23:38 AM

Amazing that Free is such a divisive figure.

Its because his inconsistency is maddening!!

+1

1000%

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#319 : May 20, 2013, 10:31:45 AM

Amazing that Free is such a divisive figure.

Its because his inconsistency is maddening!!

I get that, but part of being inconsistent is being good and when was the last time the Bucs had a good young QB?

Better yet, since when do Bucs fans accept having the worst pass defense ever? I don't see any threads about the defense. It's like everyone has forgotten 1995 to 2002. Maybe it's just simpler to blame the QB? He is inconsistent, but more inconsistent than having a great run defense but NO pass defense? With a defensive-minded coach.

I guess I just don't get the scope of the "hate"

The QB is always going to get the bulk of the blame. Along with the HC but Schiano was in his first year as a HC. Hes not going to get a lot of blame. At least not as much as the QB will. Its obvious to any fan of this team what the issues were last season. Freeman wasnt consistent and the defense allowed a lot of points. Now that the defense has gotten upgrades all over its secondary the focus turns to Freeman. If he can be consistent, the team is looking very dangerous. The good thing is that he doesnt even really need to be much different than he was last year because if he can match his best from last year that should even be good enough for this team to get into the playoffs and win some games there even. But we want to win it all. He needs to play better and be consistent as he can be. Hes not going to be perfect and we dont need him to be. Just play smart and hit the big plays when they are there. Let the defense get the ball back when its not going well. That is likely going to be how this team plays this year. I feel it will lead to more wins than last year but still will that be good enough??

moose40

Hall of Famer
#320 : May 20, 2013, 10:47:52 AM

BucBalla, I think the other issue this year will be the d front four. Can A.C, Bowers, and GMC stay healthy? Can they be a dominating attack force?

If the front four do their job, then really the focus is on the coaches and the play of #5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#321 : May 20, 2013, 11:51:47 AM

BucBalla, I think the other issue this year will be the d front four. Can A.C, Bowers, and GMC stay healthy? Can they be a dominating attack force?

If the front four do their job, then really the focus is on the coaches and the play of #5

I think it is very telling that you say front four but then only name three guys. We don't have a proven NT or any depth up front. I think that is going to become a big issue this season.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#322 : May 20, 2013, 11:58:16 AM

Russell Wilson had a completion percentage of 64 last year as a rookie is an offense based entirely off play action.

Next excuse?
Freeman completed 87 fewer passes than Wilson attempted.

The Wilson hype is huge, but he wasn't asked to do as much as the other two rookie QBs.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#323 : May 20, 2013, 12:30:21 PM

Schiano reiterates competition for Freeman

Bucs coach Greg Schiano reiterated Monday that Josh Freeman will face competition from third-rounder Mike Glennon.
Schiano and GM Mark Dominik were attempting to claim that they haven't lost faith in Freeman, but Schiano couldn't resist putting Freeman's feet to the fire once more. "I try to tell (the media) the truth that I believe in Josh Freeman and he's our starting quarterback," Schiano said. "But I believe in competition." In the NFL, anything less than an unequivocal endorsement should be construed as a lack of faith. The Bucs are going to make Freeman work for his job, plain and simple.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#324 : May 20, 2013, 12:40:34 PM

^ Like ^

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#325 : May 20, 2013, 12:44:47 PM

I think it is very telling that you say front four but then only name three guys. We don't have a proven NT or any depth up front. I think that is going to become a big issue this season.

Quite honestly, it was two fold, 1. the health of the three I named are critical to the success of the defense getting off to a good start. 2. I wasn't sure who the slated NT is, which you're right, that could be a big issue as well

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#326 : May 20, 2013, 12:47:58 PM

From Bucs Facebook page via Pewter Report

Schiano said we have our starting QB and it is Josh Freeman.
Like   Share 1 @PewterReport on Twitter 30 minutes ago

Jeez. Bucs fans are never happy with the QB they have.

ingey1968

Starter

#327 : May 20, 2013, 01:59:20 PM

Was kind of hoping we would have made a play for Sammy Hill from Detroit before he signed with the Titans. Seen him play a few times and was solid. Not going to lead the team in sacks or anything but when he was on the field, he made plays.

Quite honestly, it was two fold, 1. the health of the three I named are critical to the success of the defense getting off to a good start. 2. I wasn't sure who the slated NT is, which you're right, that could be a big issue as well

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#328 : May 20, 2013, 02:08:42 PM

We won't know the answer until game time.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#329 : May 20, 2013, 02:11:06 PM

From Bucs Facebook page via Pewter Report

Schiano said we have our starting QB and it is Josh Freeman.
Like   Share 1 @PewterReport on Twitter 30 minutes ago

Jeez. Bucs fans are never happy with the QB they have.

"We have a starting quarterback. Its not like were looking to find a starter."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-5760.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools