Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#60 : May 03, 2013, 06:38:43 PM

As long as there are large groups of people who wish them to not be able to marry, want them out of their locker rooms, and want them to be discriminated against, many people will still believe it's necessary to hide.  That's why him coming out is such a big deal.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#61 : May 03, 2013, 07:04:04 PM

I read that it has been suggested the whole reason for coming out of the closet publicly at this time is just a contract ploy by a player who is about to be waived and out of the league.   If that is the case expect a huge discrimination lawsuit against the NBA if no other team shows interest.

In other words, he's not looking to be EQUAL... he's looking for special treatment.

Like the whole, fakeass "gay marriage" thing-- it's ultimately not about being equal-- it's about Superiority (evil vs. good).

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#62 : May 03, 2013, 08:18:25 PM

The only people who have speculated that are the people looking for an agenda.  So far, there's been nothing to indicate that he's going to sue if he doesn't get signed anywhere.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#63 : May 03, 2013, 08:53:32 PM

Marginally an "active" player.

My left _____ could score 1 point a game.

But remember, he's the BEST the gay community can offer. What a star!!!  :P ;D

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#64 : May 03, 2013, 09:21:09 PM

He loves to talk about the gay. He can't get enough of it. You go, Chronic! Get your gay talk on, my brother.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#65 : May 03, 2013, 10:32:18 PM

Why the hell does this have to be news? Why did Collins feel the need to come out of the closet in such a public way?

Maybe he wanted do his part to show young people that it's OK to be gay. And the more public figures that do this, the more certain people (teens?) will feel like less of an outcast and less depressed.

And for those like Spartan that think that just because a gay man dated and/or was married for a period of time to a woman, that means he's bisexual? Vince has already explained this to you but you still refuse to see why it's not that simple.

http://www.livescience.com/13755-homosexual-lgb-teen-suicide-rates-environments.html

Gay, lesbian and bisexual teens are five times more likely to commit suicide than their heterosexual counterparts, but a supportive environment in their schools and communities can make a difference, new research suggests.

I just think that 7 years is a bit longer than a "period of time".

I am not beating up on him for being gay, I am cynical considering his known history. That being him dating a woman for 7 years and getting engaged to her. If this was the 50's or 60's, yea I can see him trying to build a "normal" lifestyle cover story, but it doesn't seem necessary these days.

maybe the biggest misconception (in bold) . . . not even factoring in that we are talking about a black athlete . . . you know . . . the guy you wouldn't share a locker or shower with . . .  oh yeah . .  . he could've come out . . .

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#66 : May 04, 2013, 06:44:27 AM

I would like to live long enough to where sexual orientation is a total non-issue. Not possible......even if I as three  There will always be people who think they have the right to dictate personal preference and behavior. As long as it's between consenting adults..............YOU DON'T.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#67 : May 04, 2013, 06:21:47 PM

The only people who have speculated that are the people looking for an agenda.  So far, there's been nothing to indicate that he's going to sue if he doesn't get signed anywhere.

Agree, it is total speculation on my part and came from something I read somewhere else.  That being said if he gets released I believe there will be an issue made of it.

How far that issue goes???  No idea..

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#68 : May 05, 2013, 12:01:53 AM

Agree, it is total speculation on my part and came from something I read somewhere else.  That being said if he gets released I believe there will be an issue made of it.

how about this? he came out now because he has little to lose (end of career) and its an actual topic of discussion in society right now?  In other words, there's a gay play in the NBA at the beginning of his career and that guy is staying in the closet because his  future depends on him keeping his job

Runole

Hall of Famer
#69 : May 05, 2013, 07:03:13 AM

how about this? he came out now because he has little to lose (end of career):Possibly

and its an actual topic of discussion in society right now? WHY?Homosexuals have been a part of society forever why the need to announce it to the world?

In other words, there's a gay play in the NBA at the beginning of his career and that guy is staying in the closet because his  future depends on him keeping his job

Do you actually believe that a NBA player that is gay wouldn't be able to keep his job? In today's PC world I don't think that scenario could ever happen.

I just see little need for making such announcements.   It just fans the flames for radicals on both sides.  Nothing good will come of it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#70 : May 05, 2013, 08:52:12 AM

how about this? he came out now because he has little to lose (end of career):Possibly

and its an actual topic of discussion in society right now? WHY?Homosexuals have been a part of society forever why the need to announce it to the world?

In other words, there's a gay play in the NBA at the beginning of his career and that guy is staying in the closet because his  future depends on him keeping his job

Do you actually believe that a NBA player that is gay wouldn't be able to keep his job? In today's PC world I don't think that scenario could ever happen.

I just see little need for making such announcements.   It just fans the flames for radicals on both sides.  Nothing good will come of it.

Yeah, because homosexuality is so accepted in the African-American community. Uuuuugh

Wake up. No marginal or role playing NBA player at the beginning of his career is likely to come out. Have you ever been on a team? Do you read the posts on this thread?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#71 : May 05, 2013, 12:39:58 PM

Vin,

Skin color is more important in the African American community that "moral issues".

93% backed Obama.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#72 : May 05, 2013, 12:41:39 PM

Hate

Hall of Famer
#73 : May 05, 2013, 12:50:37 PM

I just think that 7 years is a bit longer than a "period of time".

One of my best friend's parents divorced after 40 yrs of marriage after his dad admitted that he was gay and that he'd been living a lie that he didn't wanna live anymore. He'd attempted suicide on multiple occasions which at the time was attributed to depression. Turns out mom had known for years but agreed to keep it a secret. Crazy stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#74 : May 05, 2013, 01:20:45 PM

Yeah, because homosexuality is so accepted in the African-American community. Uuuuugh

Wake up. No marginal or role playing NBA player at the beginning of his career is likely to come out. Have you ever been on a team? Do you read the posts on this thread?

Wake up?   I just don't see the need to tell the world about it...Do you wish to announce publicly to the world all your personal sexual issues to everyone?   Don't care if you are hetero, bi, or homo    I just don't see why it is so important to announce it to the world.  If you like to dress up in women's clothes  do I need to know about it?

What if you like to be whipped and lead around by a leash?  do you want to announce that publicly?   Doesn't matter to me if you are ashamed or proud of such things I just don't see the point in going public with such things... LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME... I AM ????
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools