Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 30, 2013, 11:22:14 PM

i'm not the one chucking cereal over my shoulder....

just sayin' bro  :P

No, you're the one droning-on about something that you claim to be tired of hearing about.

That's kind of stupid.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 01, 2013, 08:48:36 AM

Ahh, I see. He isn't gay ... He just CHOSE to be gay ...he is trying to dupe us all, the discrimination he faces because of the color of his skin wasn't enough so he CHOSE to be gay ... because ...ya know ... Nobody enjoys the perks of society like a gay person in the black community!!

How about this? Some people are gay. The stigma associated with being gay leads them to try to live by normal social conventions. Sometimes they give up.

Very simple question: who would CHOOSE to be gay? In this country that means a HUGE segment of the population will always think of you as an evil sinner, another substantial portion will equate you with sexual deviants of all stripes including child molesters, you are in many places denied an store range of rights afforded to heterosexuals and in some places you might find yourself beaten to a pulp and then dragged behind a truck.

Not long ago a student at Rutgers killed himself after being "outed". You think he chose to be gay?

Just a few things to consider ...in the Land of the Free.

I am suggesting he MAY have chosen to take advantage of the current media hype that is currently ensuing about a male athlete "from a major sport" coming out as gay.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 01, 2013, 09:16:54 AM

Ahh, I see. He isn't gay ... He just CHOSE to be gay ...he is trying to dupe us all, the discrimination he faces because of the color of his skin wasn't enough so he CHOSE to be gay ... because ...ya know ... Nobody enjoys the perks of society like a gay person in the black community!!

How about this? Some people are gay. The stigma associated with being gay leads them to try to live by normal social conventions. Sometimes they give up.

Very simple question: who would CHOOSE to be gay? In this country that means a HUGE segment of the population will always think of you as an evil sinner, another substantial portion will equate you with sexual deviants of all stripes including child molesters, you are in many places denied an store range of rights afforded to heterosexuals and in some places you might find yourself beaten to a pulp and then dragged behind a truck.

Not long ago a student at Rutgers killed himself after being "outed". You think he chose to be gay?

I am suggesting he MAY have chosen to take advantage of the current media hype that is currently ensuing about a male athlete "from a major sport" coming out as gay.

Simple question: is he gay or did he choose for some ulterior motive?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 01, 2013, 09:55:29 AM

Doesn't mean he wasn't gay then, as many gay men feel the need to marry to cover it up.  However, the point still stands.  He is gay.  He has been in showers and locker rooms with other men.  Nothing bad happened because of that.  Why would he need to be in a separate shower?

So if a man promised to just look, but not touch, a woman in a shower..he should be allowed to shower with them? Yes, that's what you're saying.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 01, 2013, 11:34:27 AM

Irrelevant because it is not what I am talking about. I am talking about his CHOICE to make it public.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 01, 2013, 12:06:11 PM

Irrelevant because it is not what I am talking about. I am talking about his CHOICE to make it public.

I understand but which do you think, is he gay or did he choose to be gay for some ulterior motive (i.e. attention, money. etc.)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 01, 2013, 12:14:45 PM

Regarding the (rather dumb) question of if he "chose to be gay":

If being gay is a choice then so is being straight. Do you choose to be straight? Do you wake up in the am and think "today I think I'll be attracted to women"? Could you just as easily get aroused by a guy as by a girl, but you chose to concentrate on the girl THAT DAY??

I know for myself that I CAN NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY because I am and will always be straight. Hot women catch my attention not because of some decision I made but because they just do. I cannot CHOOSE to find men attractive, I will never find men attractive so I must have been BORN STRAIGHT. Since there are only 2 possibilities gay or straight, logic dictates that if I didn't choose to be straight, then the opposite must also be true and gays do not choose to gay.

If you believe that anyone can possibly choose to be gay, then you must believe that you yourself could easily choose to be gay if you wanted to. If that is the case I suggest you look at your surroundings and realize they are the walls of a closet, open the door and come on out. But if you realize you yourself couldn't find a way to find guys attractive and therefore couldn't choose to be gay, then just accept that some people are born different and their brains are just wired different and as long as they aren't hurting anyone else accept them and live and let live.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 01, 2013, 12:24:23 PM

Interesting.

Pretty much every lesbo I've seen is a dog. I guess it was just a coincidence that a bunch of unattractive women just happened to be born gay. Lucky for them, imagine if they had to go out and find a guy? Yeah, they thought of that too.
: May 01, 2013, 12:27:55 PM Escobar06

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 01, 2013, 01:14:40 PM

Interesting.

Pretty much every lesbo I've seen is a dog. I guess it was just a coincidence that a bunch of unattractive women just happened to be born gay. Lucky for them, imagine if they had to go out and find a guy? Yeah, they thought of that too.

wow am I hoping that was a failed attempt at humor . . .

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 01, 2013, 01:35:13 PM

Interesting.

Pretty much every lesbo I've seen is a dog. I guess it was just a coincidence that a bunch of unattractive women just happened to be born gay.

Your idiotic comment proves my point. If sexual preference was biological and NOT a choice, then wouldn't that biological factor also affect appearance?? If a lesbian always had unusually high testosterone levels (especially when growing up) she would become heavier boned, more muscular, hairier, all of which are "unattractive" female attributes. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#40 : May 01, 2013, 01:38:27 PM

Interesting.

maybe they just lied to you and told you they were lesbian so you'd leave them alone

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 01, 2013, 01:43:43 PM

Interesting.

Pretty much every lesbo I've seen is a dog. I guess it was just a coincidence that a bunch of unattractive women just happened to be born gay.

Your idiotic comment proves my point. If sexual preference was biological and NOT a choice, then wouldn't that biological factor also affect appearance?? If a lesbian always had unusually high testosterone levels (especially when growing up) she would become heavier boned, more muscular, hairier, all of which are "unattractive" female attributes. 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 01, 2013, 02:01:36 PM

I understand but which do you think, is he gay or did he choose to be gay for some ulterior motive (i.e. attention, money. etc.)

As I said, it's irrelevant. What is relevant is the number of people being gassed in Syria, the US soldiers who are dying in Afghanistan, the number of people who have no job or home, yet our press feel the need to bend over backwards (excuse yet another pun) to report on the "heroic" actions of a guy whose career is about over and who may or may not be gay. Evidence suggests he is probably ac/dc in case you are wondering what I mean.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 01, 2013, 02:07:23 PM

As I said, it's irrelevant. What is relevant is the number of people being gassed in Syria, the US soldiers who are dying in Afghanistan, the number of people who have no job or home, yet our press feel the need to bend over backwards (excuse yet another pun) to report on the "heroic" actions of a guy whose career is about over and who may or may not be gay. Evidence suggests he is probably ac/dc in case you are wondering what I mean.

well, I think you actually answered the question, so thanks.

I certainly get the frustration with the media, but I am not sure we would see it the same way if we were part of the group in question. Today's over reactions are a product of yesterday's under reactions, both are unfortunate.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 01, 2013, 02:42:42 PM

well, I think you actually answered the question, so thanks.

I certainly get the frustration with the media, but I am not sure we would see it the same way if we were part of the group in question. Today's over reactions are a product of yesterday's under reactions, both are unfortunate.

The reason why I don't answer the question is because it is not the point I was trying to make, and it would only cause the thread to divert off onto a tangent about the pros and cons of homosexuality. I am Catholic so I don't think it takes Albert Einstein to figure out which side of the fence I sit on. But then again, in this day and age that is not a given.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools