Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#105 : May 06, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

Spartan, if you notice, CBW fell into your trap where I avoided it.  We often criticize CBW of playing games, this is a bit of the sameby you, frankly, because you're jumping on the word RIGHT.

You didn't avoid anything, Counselor.  You still haven't listed any rights.

Bam, Bam Buggsy .... maybe the reason you storm around these boards calling everyone "dumb" is to cover up your own shortcomings:

Being a homosexual means having less rights than most,

What right does a straight man has that a homosexual does not?

The right to be treated equal and the failure in this regard manifests itself in many forms but a couple obvious ones are adoption, unions, long-term benefits . .

Now, care to answer my question?

Why would a human being CHOOSE to be gay?

Bam Bam . . . note the part in BOLD Arguably the most important right . . . .  :-[
: May 06, 2013, 05:18:52 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#106 : May 06, 2013, 05:21:04 PM

The right to marry someone he is actually in love with comes to mind...

Care to show me where this right is identified?

Try reading the 14th Amendment.

This ^^^^ is a perfect example of a black hole opening.  Spartan asked CBW a "trick" question. CBW fell in the trap . .  and the discussion will now switch to the history of the 14th Amendment etc.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#107 : May 06, 2013, 05:25:59 PM

Spartan, if you notice, CBW fell into your trap where I avoided it.

LOL, I fell into a trap?

I am every aware that it was intended to be a trap, but I didn't "fall into" anything. I willingly went there.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#108 : May 06, 2013, 05:27:32 PM

Spartan, if you notice, CBW fell into your trap where I avoided it.

LOL, I fell into a trap?

I am every aware that it was intended to be a trap, but I didn't "fall into" anything. I willingly went there.

fair enough, thanks for admitting that you intentionally open black holes

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#109 : May 06, 2013, 05:28:19 PM

This ^^^^ is a perfect example of a black hole opening.  Spartan asked CBW a "trick" question. CBW fell in the trap . .  and the discussion will now switch to the history of the 14th Amendment etc.

Okay idiot. Please explain to me how granting certain citizens the privilege of entering into the contract of marriage and denying certain citizens that privileged is not an infringement on the 14th amendment's "privileges and immunities" clause?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#110 : May 06, 2013, 05:30:05 PM

and they are off....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#111 : May 06, 2013, 05:30:33 PM

Okay idiot. Please explain to me how granting certain citizens the privilege of entering into the contract of marriage and denying certain citizens that privileged is not an infringement on the 14th amendment's "privileges and immunities" clause?

Right on cue - first he claimed he didnt fall into the trap and now that^^^ All could have been avoided by CBW just posting "oops, sorry you're correct that is not a 'right'"  Hold on folks . . .

: May 06, 2013, 05:33:06 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#112 : May 06, 2013, 05:32:38 PM

and they are off....

not me, I just pointed it out and now  I am getting out of the way

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#113 : May 06, 2013, 05:40:35 PM

Is it or is it not an infringement of the 14th amendment, Vince? Answer the question. And if it isn't, what is your legal justification for supporting marriage equality?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#114 : May 06, 2013, 05:57:39 PM

BTW, I'm sure. the idiot that you are, you are attempting to suggest that the use of the term "privileges" in the amendment means that it isn't a right. All the use of the term "privilege" indicates are benefits enjoyed by the citizenry that aren't specifically enumerated. It is not suggesting that there is no inherent right. Privilege and right are not mutually exclusive terms.

If the privilege to choose to marry someone of another race was construed as a right in Loving V. Virginia, please explain to me how the privilege of choosing to marry someone of the same sex should not also be construed as such, counselor?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#115 : May 06, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

I'm glad we could ALL agree that lots of gays/all of transvestites are really weird and don't fit into MACHO sports.

~~ Thread Locked. :-P

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools