Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde's starting job no longer available « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 30, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »

But starting job no longer available

Brad Biggs

April 29, 2013, 03:23 PM EST..

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren’t using all of their resources to rebuild the team’s secondary.

But it sure seems like it.

The Bucs have loaded up since free agency opened, signing safety Dashon Goldson before trading to acquire cornerback Darrelle Revis. Then, the Bucs added Mississippi State cornerback Johnathan Banks in the second round of the draft on Friday.

Now?

The club is still hopeful veteran Ronde Barber will return for another season even if a starting role is no longer an option, according to Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com. Goldson will play the free safety spot Barber held last year and the starting corners are set with Revis, Eric Wright and now Banks in the mix.

“When Ronde reaches out, we’ll have a conversation and we’ll talk through that,” Bucs general manager Mark Dominik said.

Barber could lend a guiding hand to some of the younger players but it’s possible he’ll decide to hang ’em up.

Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Door-remains-open-for-Ronde-Barber-in-Tampa-Bay.html

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

« #1 : April 30, 2013, 12:13:04 AM »

He could still be named a starter and play the nickel role. 

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

« #2 : April 30, 2013, 12:13:49 AM »

He should be our nickel and backup safety

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 30, 2013, 02:42:44 AM »

Hope he retires.  Love you man, but its time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 30, 2013, 02:45:45 AM »

They could just start in the nickel package every game...keep his streak going.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : April 30, 2013, 02:50:14 AM »

They could just start in the nickel package every game...keep his streak going.

I think he is a lock for the HOF already. I would like to see him be a DB coach or whatever.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 30, 2013, 02:57:47 AM »

I would start barber over Wright any day.

But that's not the case here, because Banks with take Wright's job soon enough.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 30, 2013, 04:40:06 AM »

He needs to be connected to the bucs for life.

DB COACH!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

« #8 : April 30, 2013, 05:16:15 AM »

He's still clutch enough to be on the field as our nickel

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #9 : April 30, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »

I see Barber used extensively in both 5 and 6 DB formations that have become common place due to the nature of the pass happy game today.
He fits perfectly for such duty.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #10 : April 30, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »

I believe there is a spot on the team for Barber as a 3rd or 4th Corner, but does a Vet of his status and potential HOFer check his ego and be a 3rd or 4th corner on a potential playoff team?

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : April 30, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »

Think Barber would because he loves the game and he loves the Bucs. He is not ego driven so ego would play no part in his decision.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #12 : April 30, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »

If he wants it - he'll be the nickel or dime corner.

Nickel CB is a starter.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #13 : April 30, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »

The guy was still making plays last year. Id bring him back to mentor Banks though. Banks getting mentored by Barber and Revis would be awesome. 2 HOFers, couldnt learn from any better.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 30, 2013, 11:27:56 AM »

He started too long to adjust on the bench. I seriously doubt he'll comes back.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde's starting job no longer available « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools