Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde's starting job no longer available « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

calibucfan15

Starter

#15 : April 30, 2013, 12:38:41 PM

If Barber isn't signed by the time OTA's begin i think he retires. The guy doesn't miss practices and the offseason team building activities. With the Acquisition of  Banks and the Front office wanting to develop the young guys like Johnson and Gaitor I think Barber hangs em up and goes out on his terms.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 30, 2013, 12:52:48 PM

They could just start in the nickel package every game...keep his streak going.

I think he is a lock for the HOF already. I would like to see him be a DB coach or whatever.

Why do you think he's a lock?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 30, 2013, 01:52:41 PM

He started too long to adjust on the bench. I seriously doubt he'll comes back.

but if he is the nickel he isnt on the bench.  i'd estimate the nickel plays 60% of the snaps or close to it in today's passing NFL.  Its like football's version of a 6th man in basketball. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 30, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

He would get a ton of interceptions if he's the nickleback next year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 30, 2013, 10:17:48 PM

They could just start in the nickel package every game...keep his streak going.

I think he is a lock for the HOF already. I would like to see him be a DB coach or whatever.

Why do you think he's a lock?

Ronde has similar stats to all these guys. Kinda middle of the pack.  He is better than some on this list, and not quite as good as others, but close.

And one other point, ALL these players are already in the HOF.

Herb Adderley

Lem Barney

Mel Blount

Willie Brown

Jack Butler

Darrell Green

Mike Haynes

Jimmy Johnson

**CENSORED** Lane

**CENSORED** LeBeau

Ronnie Lott

Mel Renfro

Deion Sanders

Emmitt Thomas

Roger Wehrli

Rod Woodson

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 01, 2013, 07:20:57 AM

I see Barber used extensively in both 5 and 6 DB formations that have become common place due to the nature of the pass happy game today.
He fits perfectly for such duty.

^This^

Ronde played this role very well last year, he would be effective again and there is space on the roster for him to still be a contributor for one more year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 01, 2013, 08:44:43 AM

Lets make Ronde a DB coach and use the money it would take to sign him toward bringing in Freeney or Abraham. Win win for everybody.
: May 01, 2013, 08:46:19 AM youngone

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 03, 2013, 09:02:02 AM

I see Barber used extensively in both 5 and 6 DB formations that have become common place due to the nature of the pass happy game today.
He fits perfectly for such duty.

^This^

Ronde played this role very well last year, he would be effective again and there is space on the roster for him to still be a contributor for one more year.

It certainly seems that Barber is leaning towards playing at least another year.  JMO but that type of assignment would be perfect for Ronde. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 03, 2013, 09:06:33 AM

Lets make Ronde a DB coach and use the money it would take to sign him toward bringing in Freeney or Abraham. Win win for everybody.

I know you are still pissed about the Victor Cruz play... ;) ....but there is no reason why we couldn't have Ronde and Abraham both contributing.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 03, 2013, 11:10:57 AM

I know you are still pissed about the Victor Cruz play... ;) ....but there is no reason why we couldn't have Ronde and Abraham both contributing.
And resign Mike? And the rookies? Im under the assumption that maybe we'll be picking one. I don't think the pass rusher would take a paycut to play here, but Ronde might so maybe we can have both.
: May 03, 2013, 11:24:42 AM youngone

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#25 : May 03, 2013, 11:21:08 AM

Imagine being a young DB on this team and having both Barber AND Revis to learn from for a year. Two Hall of Famers in one secondary. I think part of Barber realizes that he was a liability in the secondary last year and that regardless of all these additions, his role would have to have been reduced regardless. Either way, I am hoping beyond hope that Barber, our last link to the Super Bowl winning team, comes back and passes the torch to this new team and guides us deep into the playoffs.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 03, 2013, 12:26:00 PM

And resign Mike? And the rookies? Im under the assumption that maybe we'll be picking one. I don't think the pass rusher would take a paycut to play here, but Ronde might so maybe we can have both.

Yes, and extend Mike. We don't have any first rounders, so the contracts for the rookies will be relatively small. We would be fine this year, and the $7mil that would go to a DE and Ronde would be freed up next year for Freeman, or whomever. Unless Freeman leads us to a SB, if he re-signs, then he will probably do so in the $15-16mil range. That's about $6-7 mil more than he is making now. We've got the funds to lock up players, if needed. The only difference with next offseason, is that we won't be able to go out and get a big name since we have designated a lot of cash to newly acquired players in the last few offseasons.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 03, 2013, 06:01:01 PM

Yes, and extend Mike. We don't have any first rounders, so the contracts for the rookies will be relatively small. We would be fine this year, and the $7mil that would go to a DE and Ronde would be freed up next year for Freeman, or whomever. Unless Freeman leads us to a SB, if he re-signs, then he will probably do so in the $15-16mil range. That's about $6-7 mil more than he is making now. We've got the funds to lock up players, if needed. The only difference with next offseason, is that we won't be able to go out and get a big name since we have designated a lot of cash to newly acquired players in the last few offseasons.
I think Mike will cost at the most 8, Ronde with his usual 3, and Abraham or Freeney will not sign for anything less than 4.. And we still have to sign the rooks. That kinda has me thinking we aren't going for a DE and will roll with what we have now, unless Ronde hangs em up. So I guess it will probably be Ronde who will be our last piece. I would be fine with that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 03, 2013, 10:10:58 PM

Love Ronde, but I really hope he retires. Give the young guys a chance. I would hate to see the young guys like Leonard riding pine, so Ronde can improve his HOF credentials.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#29 : May 05, 2013, 07:47:54 PM

Love Ronde, but I really hope he retires. Give the young guys a chance. I would hate to see the young guys like Leonard riding pine, so Ronde can improve his HOF credentials.

I agree.  It's time for him to go.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde's starting job no longer available « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools