Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Demps wont be available until mid-season « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#60 : April 30, 2013, 05:32:18 PM

I don't blame him for concentrating on track; it's what he excels at.  If he wants to play football, and he works when he gets here, I don't see the problem.  There is roster movement throughout every season, this is no different.

That said, I'm not really optimistic or dismissive of him.  He's an afterthought when compared to the rest of this offseason.  We'll see.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 30, 2013, 05:38:23 PM

straight-line speed means nothing if you have nothing else

not saying that Demps doesn't have other aspects to his game, but he won't be able to develop them to an NFL level if it isn't his main goal in life.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 30, 2013, 06:05:21 PM

Lol at this board sometimes. I have no idea what the odds of him actually playing a down for us are(probably not very high). But to call him a bum? This is a guy that won silver in the Olympics for his speed. Guys like Shaun King and Albert Haynesworth, who had talent but wasted it by simply not working hard, THOSE guys are bums. A guy who wins an Olympic medal is definitely not.
Silver medal = 1st loser.  Just kidding, sort of.

I realize you're joking but Demps' medal was that of running in the prelims on the 4 x 100m relay for the US. He didn't run in the final. He is not a lock to make the IAAF World Athletic Finals by any means as an individual. He should make the relay pool.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 30, 2013, 06:07:03 PM

Mike James, Kevin Olgetree, and Michael Smith. One has to step up. I think it will be Smith.

Eric Page is one to keep an eye on as well.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 30, 2013, 09:14:28 PM

Mike James, Kevin Olgetree, and Michael Smith. One has to step up. I think it will be Smith.

Eric Page is one to keep an eye on as well.

Banks returned punts in college, but I don't think the team will want to gamble on him getting hurt in that capacity.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Demps wont be available until mid-season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools