Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

rikes

Starter

#60 : April 30, 2013, 05:11:03 PM

Welcome aboard! The lions are falling faster than the city it resides in. Good choice on jumping ship, I rather see people joining ship now rather week 17 when we're playing the Saints for the South.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#61 : April 30, 2013, 05:18:00 PM

You sure you wouldn't rather be a Steelers' fan. No guarantees that Gholston will make the starting squad, anyway....looks like the Steelers have more ex-Spartans on their roster.

Michigan State Alumni in the NFL...........

Edwin Baker   San Diego Chargers   Running Back
Le'Veon Bell   Pittsburgh Steelers   Running Back
Plaxico Burress   Pittsburgh Steelers   Wide Receiver

Garrett Celek   San Francisco 49ers   Tight End
Kyle Cook   Cincinnati Bengals   Center
Kirk Cousins   Washington Redskins   Quarterback
B.J. Cunningham   Philadelphia Eagles   Wide Receiver
Kellen Davis   Cleveland Browns   Tight End
Brandon Fields   Miami Dolphins   Punter
William Gholston   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Defensive End
Brian Hoyer   Arizona Cardinals   Quarterback
Greg K. Jones   Jacksonville Jaguars   Linebacker
Keshawn Martin   Houston Texans   Wide Receiver
Brandon McKinney   Indianapolis Colts   Nose Tackle
Ogemdi Nwagbuo   Detroit Lions   Defensive Tackle
Domata Peko   Cincinnati Bengals   Defensive Tackle
Trenton Robinson   San Francisco 49ers   Safety
Dion Sims   Miami Dolphins   Tight End
Drew Stanton   Arizona Cardinals   Quarterback
Devin Thomas   Detroit Lions   Wide Receiver
Kevin Vickerson   Denver Broncos   Defensive Tackle
Ross Weaver   Detroit Lions   Cornerback
Jerel Worthy   Green Bay Packers   Defensive End
D.J. Young   New York Jets   Offensive Lineman

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 30, 2013, 05:40:20 PM

Morgan, why must you always be a d-bag? The OP said he has always had an interest in the Bucs and that's why he decided to convert. Gholston being here just made it easier...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 30, 2013, 05:49:56 PM

Morgan, why must you always be a d-bag? The OP said he has always had an interest in the Bucs and that's why he decided to convert. Gholston being here just made it easier...

Stop being a thin-skinned **CENSORED**.  Don't like the discussion, stay out of the thread.

OP, something tells me Gholston's time as a Buc will be about the same as Kyle Moore's was.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 30, 2013, 05:55:29 PM

Support the team you want to support. I root for the Bucs, Mets and Suns. That's what I chose. Don't root for a team because they are winning, rather root FOR them to win. The other way will have you going in circles. Good luck.

Not true. Root for who you like. Just like there's cowgirls fans in Tampa, there's Tampa fans in Dallas.

I live in upstate NY and am a huge bucs fan...

ingey1968

Starter

#65 : April 30, 2013, 05:57:25 PM

Welcome aboard! The lions are falling faster than the city it resides in. Good choice on jumping ship, I rather see people joining ship now rather week 17 when we're playing the Saints for the South.

and yet there fans still sell out games........

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#66 : April 30, 2013, 05:58:19 PM

If you're a out-of-towner, don't complain when you see a half-empty RayJay because you're encouraging people to support teams other than the home team.  If people from Tampa/STP actually supported the Bucs instead of the Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins, Redskins, Saints, Chiefs, they'd actually sell out the stadium each and every game.

ingey1968

Starter

#67 : April 30, 2013, 06:01:24 PM

I  will agree with Morgan in one aspect... I no longer reside in Florida so i don't comment in threads about attendance much. What right do i or any other out of state person have to criticize someone for not going to a game.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#68 : April 30, 2013, 06:05:39 PM

If you're a out-of-towner, don't complain when you see a half-empty RayJay because you're encouraging people to support teams other than the home team.  If people from Tampa/STP actually supported the Bucs instead of the Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins, Redskins, Saints, Chiefs, they'd actually sell out the stadium each and every game.

Are you mentally retarted? Us out-of-towners are encouraging people to support the BUCS. The  reason the Bucs don't sell out is not because of all the Cowboys/Steelers/etc fans in Tampa, it's because of the BUCS fans in Tampa that don't go to the game.

ingey1968

Starter

#69 : April 30, 2013, 06:07:29 PM

but common sense tells you he wont be a fan for long. You aren't really a fan of any team if you get made at front office moves and bolt to another team because they drafted someone from the school they support. I would be willing to bet by the end of the season he is "supporting" another team.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#70 : April 30, 2013, 06:35:04 PM

Ahh, Welcome, 'Me buc-o! It appears to me Morgan and a very few others are giving you a hard time. Looks like you may need some context. Come! Sit on uncle Beatles' knee, that I may tell you a tale!

Back in 2010, a newbie to the world of football came unto the RedBoard. He was originally a Dolphins fan growing up, but he had been so young as a phins fan he could not get into them! He discovered later inn life that he identified better with the Buccaneers. Win/loss record be damned, there was something about them he connected to. So, after seeing the game that week or so in 2010, he joined up, full of optimism and a burning desire to follow the team.

Some, however, were quick to dismiss him. The Bucs, he didn't realize at the time. were a fanbase VERY tired of mediocrity and generally tended to view things negatively because of it. They had been through every conceivable football hell you can imagine. From missing out of years worth of talent to seasons of false hope and broken dreams, they'd seen it all. As such, many scoffed and called him a bandwagoner and declaired he'd be gone in the next few seasons, if that long.

Morgan was one of these people and soon gave him a ton of flack, calling him young and naive. He was of the mindset that the Bucs had screwed season ticket holders like himself for far too long, and he had worn out the "Novelty" of football games being experiences in person. He had grown old, bitter, and jaded at much of the Bucs' past decisions and therefore, seeing this young fan made him roll his eyes, i'm certain.

Well sir, that fan was determined to prove those people wrong. He KEPT his positive outlook, and even though he has been put through the ringer more times than he can probably count, he HAS earned his fair share of people who enjoy him being here and love his posts. Once he actually settled in, took the good with the bad, and made a COMMITMENT to his fandom for the team, he was able to find the respect he had to work so hard to earn. Today, that person is still here, still posting, and still as big a fan as ever. More than that, it's his hope that people will join and siscover that same passion.

That person...

is me.

*Shakes hand* I'm Beatles. and WELCOME to the best fanbase in football. You may have to earn your stripes at first, but when you're in, you're in for life! Ignore the doubters, enjoy your stay, and enjoy the TEAM!

GO BUCS! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#71 : April 30, 2013, 06:37:25 PM

but common sense tells you he wont be a fan for long. You aren't really a fan of any team if you get made at front office moves and bolt to another team because they drafted someone from the school they support. I would be willing to bet by the end of the season he is "supporting" another team.
he really hasn't done his homework on the history of the Glazers as owners, has he? he prolly doesn't realize that the Bucs were by far the lowest spending teams in the league not less than two seasons ago.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#72 : April 30, 2013, 06:44:14 PM

^ Now see, I went through the same thing. You be you, guy! If you're serious about being a bucs fan sooner or later Morgan will eat (His? Her?) words.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#73 : April 30, 2013, 07:06:58 PM

I guess, even during the SB year, there were a lot of bandwagon jumpers who found their way on the Bucs' wagon only to quickly dismount soon thereafter.
I think a full bed pan is calling you M organa, now why not let the guy be and he will show if he is a bucs fan for the long term and from long distance.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#74 : April 30, 2013, 07:11:06 PM

I'm a former Lions fan who for a short time lived in Florida. I have been a Lions fan most of my life but I just can't deal with it anymore. I'm jumping ship and going to follow what has always been my second favorite team. I've always followed the Bucs somewhat but not to the extent of the Lions. I'm looking for some input on how the team is perceived by people who have been fans for years. The frustrations of being a Lions fan are fairly obvious however my biggest is the ownerships lack of interest in winning. Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this board.
Welcome to the board - like most boards this one has some that aren't worth too much attention.  Hope you enjoy the rest of the folks. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools