Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will LeGarrette Blount fit in with Patriots? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

youngone

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 01, 2013, 09:03:00 AM

He'll be the pass blocking back Belichek puts in there when he wants to teach Brady a lesson.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 01, 2013, 09:05:01 AM

Ouch. Tommy B's retirement just moved up three years.

In Verner We Trust

youngone

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 01, 2013, 09:09:06 AM

When that fat QB contract starts to get out of hand lets trot Ol LeGarrette out there on 3 and 15.... And BOOM! Cap relief!

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#18 : May 01, 2013, 09:15:30 AM

I see him backing backup to Ridley. The Pats are good at maximizing players stregths. I am hoping he does well there.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 01, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

I see him backing backup to Ridley. The Pats are good at maximizing players stregths. I am hoping he does well there.
have the pats ever utilized a player similar to blount?  seems most of the players they utilize are multidimensional with less than stellar physical traits.  but i could be forgetting some players.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 01, 2013, 09:24:52 AM

LeGarrette Blount - RB - Patriots

ESPN Boston lists LeGarrette Blount as the No. 5 running back on the Patriots' depth chart.
In terms of early-down backs, Blount is third behind Stevan Ridley and Brandon Bolden. Shane Vereen and Leon Washington are the passing-down backs. The Patriots did give up a seventh-round pick to get Blount, but he's certainly not a strong bet to make the final roster. Blount averaged 3.68 YPC last season and has nine fumbles on 426 NFL carries.
Source: ESPN Boston

Hoist the Battleflag

youngone

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 01, 2013, 09:34:39 AM

He better make hay and climb that depth chart because he isn't good on 3rd downs, and he doesn't play special teams. 3rd or 4th RBs usually have to be useful in at least one of those areas.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 01, 2013, 09:36:09 AM

Blount will be battlling Bolden for the final roster spot. Not sure why people think he has a shot to even let alone play behind Ridley. Vereen is a decent back himself and can catch.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 01, 2013, 10:56:04 AM

Blount will easily be the #2 back in New England. Vereen is meh, Bolden is more of a FB then a RB.  Woodhead is gone. Blount is the most talented RB on that roster.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#24 : May 01, 2013, 11:13:38 AM

have the pats ever utilized a player similar to blount?  seems most of the players they utilize are multidimensional with less than stellar physical traits.  but i could be forgetting some players.

Corey Dillon comes to mind.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 01, 2013, 11:29:02 AM

Blount will be good in a 2 back system like he ran in college. The pats will use him like caddy later in his career, Using draws from shotgun.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#26 : May 01, 2013, 11:36:58 AM

Blount will be battlling Bolden for the final roster spot. Not sure why people think he has a shot to even let alone play behind Ridley. Vereen is a decent back himself and can catch.

It kills me that people think Blount can't catch. Look at the stats:

Blount's career: pass attempts 34.......receptions 21

Martin's career: pass attempts 71.......receptions 49

In other words Blount caught 61% of his passes and Martin 69%

I am only comparing Blount to Martin because he was the first person that came to mind. Yes Martin has a better catch percentage but look how few attempts went to Blount. By all means Blount doesn't have hands like Micheal Pittman but fans have gone overboard with this notion he can't catch.

FYI....Vincent Jackson career: pass attempts 628.......receptions 344.......He's caught 54% of his passes. I guess he sucks and was a bad signing. Yes that is sarcasm.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 01, 2013, 11:40:17 AM

I am only comparing Blount to Martin because he was the first person that came to mind. Yes Martin has a better catch percentage but look how few attempts went to Blount. By all means Blount doesn't have hands like Micheal Pittman but fans have gone overboard with this notion he can't catch.

FYI....Vincent Jackson career: pass attempts 628.......receptions 344.......He's caught 54% of his passes. I guess he sucks and was a bad signing. Yes that is sarcasm.

You need to look at frequency.  Blount doesn't get targeted for a reason.

Hoist the Battleflag

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 01, 2013, 11:41:33 AM

Blount will easily be the #2 back in New England. Vereen is meh, Bolden is more of a FB then a RB.  Woodhead is gone. Blount is the most talented RB on that roster.

If he is easily the #2, how does he have the most talent? 

I agree he might slide up to #2 since NE cant keep anyone healthy, but Ridley has more talent than Blount...and I love LGB.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#29 : May 01, 2013, 11:48:07 AM

You need to look at frequency.  Blount doesn't get targeted for a reason.

Please don't tell me the separation issue people said continously about each WR we had prior to V. Jackson coming.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will LeGarrette Blount fit in with Patriots? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools