Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will LeGarrette Blount fit in with Patriots? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 01, 2013, 11:49:04 AM

Blount will easily be the #2 back in New England. Vereen is meh, Bolden is more of a FB then a RB.  Woodhead is gone. Blount is the most talented RB on that roster.

If he is easily the #2, how does he have the most talent? 

I agree he might slide up to #2 since NE cant keep anyone healthy, but Ridley has more talent than Blount...and I love LGB.

Yeah I don't see him passing Ridley.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 01, 2013, 11:52:05 AM

I said it before. It wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt even make the team.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 01, 2013, 11:54:53 AM

I said it before. It wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt even make the team.

Agreed.  I wouldnt be surprised at all.  I am a little surprised that he wasnt part of the Revis trade.  That made all the sense in the world to me to send him there.  I had prepared myself for us to dump LGB on them, and for them to unload Tebow on us.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 01, 2013, 12:30:21 PM

It kills me that people think Blount can't catch.

It's not really about whether he can catch, it's whether he can play on passing downs. And that's a whole different deal involving understanding of the offense, ability to block (willingness, technique, and who to pick out), and hands.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 01, 2013, 12:32:30 PM

It kills me that people think Blount can't catch.

It's not really about whether he can catch, it's whether he can play on passing downs. And that's a whole different deal involving understanding of the offense, ability to block (willingness, technique, and who to pick out), and hands.

if blount still played here, id ask that this post be stickied. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 01, 2013, 12:32:43 PM

Blount doesn't have problems in pass pro when he straight up blocks his man instead of resorting to a cut block.  With some good coaching Blount will be fine.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 01, 2013, 12:33:51 PM

Right - it's all that terrible coaching he's received, starting with Chip Kelly through Earnest Byner.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 01, 2013, 12:39:10 PM

Right - it's all that terrible coaching he's received, starting with Chip Kelly through Earnest Byner.

I don't have a high opinion of Kelly.

As for Byner, we don't know because we rarely saw Blount play in 2012 season.  It is clear as day that Blount doesn't have a problem with pass pro or catching the football, especially compared to the other RB's that played for the Bucs the last few seasons.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 01, 2013, 12:41:58 PM

As for Byner, we don't know because we rarely saw Blount play in 2012 season.  It is clear as day that Blount doesn't have a problem with pass pro or catching the football, especially compared to the other RB's that played for the Bucs the last few seasons.

I agree that we didnt see him much last year, so not sure if he learned how to pass block or not.  GS seemed to really not want LGB around so that could have very much played a factor...or the health of #5 might have trumped all pissing matches.  Until I see him be a good pass blocker, I will assume he is still in 2011 form which was not good.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 01, 2013, 12:45:09 PM

Right, that's why the team loved to keep on the bench. Give me a break.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 01, 2013, 12:48:43 PM

Right, that's why the team loved to keep on the bench. Give me a break.

It is not always clear cut, because having Galloway and Bryant on the field for some reason was difficult to do as well.  I don't know the inner machinations of what coaches are thinking, but to suggest that they always make the right choices is to be misleading.  Graham wasn't considered even an option for a roster spot for a long time but he had the skill sets the Bucs were looking for at the time.  A series of events led to Graham making the team and the rest is history. 

youngone

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 01, 2013, 12:48:52 PM

Are you serious? If Blount had no problem doing those things please explain to me DJ Ware and Kregg Lumpkin then.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 01, 2013, 12:51:48 PM

Are you serious? If Blount had no problem doing those things please explain to me DJ Ware and Kregg Lumpkin then.

Ugh, thanks man.  I had forgotten all about Lumpkin till you brought his name up.  SMH.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 01, 2013, 12:53:11 PM

Blount was a starter while Lumpy was here, so the team didn't feel they had to have play on all downs.  But as Lumpy showed he wasn't that good in pass pro or as a pass catcher.   Blount is easily better as pass catcher and I would also give him the edge in pass pro.  He made some lapses (MNF game against Colts) but overall his pass pro when he wasn't going for the cut block was sound and in the right position.

As for Ware, I don't know what Rutgers was thinking, and I also don't know why Blount wasn't even used when Martin was struggling during multiple spans of the season either.  Blount wasn't used even as a runner in 2012, so I am not sure what happened.

All I know is the Patriots already have some talented backs on their roster, so having Blount for depth or part of rotation may work out for them.  Someone said he may not even make the team, possibly or possibly he does so who knows?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 01, 2013, 12:54:56 PM

Ugh, thanks man.  I had forgotten all about Lumpkin till you brought his name up.  SMH.
Gave me integestion just by writing that name.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will LeGarrette Blount fit in with Patriots? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools