Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will LeGarrette Blount fit in with Patriots? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

youngone

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 01, 2013, 01:02:47 PM

Right - it's all that terrible coaching he's received, starting with Chip Kelly through Earnest Byner.

I don't have a high opinion of Kelly.

As for Byner, we don't know because we rarely saw Blount play in 2012 season.  It is clear as day that Blount doesn't have a problem with pass pro or catching the football, especially compared to the other RB's that played for the Bucs the last few seasons.
Are you serious? If Blount had no problem doing those things please explain to me DJ Ware and Kregg Lumpkin then.

Blount was a starter while Lumpy was here, so the team didn't feel they had to have play on all downs.  But as Lumpy showed he wasn't that good in pass pro or as a pass catcher.   Blount is easily better as pass catcher and I would also give him the edge in pass pro.  He made some lapses (MNF game against Colts) but overall his pass pro when he wasn't going for the cut block was sound and in the right position.

As for Ware, I don't know what Rutgers was thinking, and I also don't know why Blount wasn't even used when Martin was struggling during multiple spans of the season either.  Blount wasn't used even as a runner in 2012, so I am not sure what happened.

All I know is the Patriots already have some talented backs on their roster, so having Blount for depth or part of rotation may work out for them.  Someone said he may not even make the team, possibly or possibly he does so who knows?
Lumpy sucked at pass pro and Blount wasn't even the conversation to replace him. If Blount was sound at what you speak that would make him a complete back.. Wouldn't it? A "complete back" that we just gave away for a 7th round pick.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : May 01, 2013, 01:18:46 PM

It is clear as day that Blount doesn't have a problem with pass pro or catching the football,

does blount have any limitations or weaknesses as a RB?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 01, 2013, 01:30:31 PM

It is clear as day that Blount doesn't have a problem with pass pro or catching the football,

He leaves his chin exposed during his right cross.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#48 : May 01, 2013, 01:55:22 PM

as much as i hate the patriots i still hope Blount the best out there..he had a nice run for us when we had nothing going..can you guys imagine that year without Blount and guys with the likes of Lumpy and them as our starter...smh i'd prolly would of hung myself lol

swamp_bats

Starter
#49 : May 01, 2013, 02:23:49 PM

I hope he does well for himself. He balled out for our Buccaneers so what else could we ask from him as fans. It would be childish to not root for him. He had his limitations, but I believe he gave his all. He also handled the loss of playing time and demotion to Doug Martin well and never caused any locker room drama. Good luck Blount, keep your head on straight. Don't punch any Bucs come week 3.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#50 : May 01, 2013, 02:57:59 PM

He leaves his chin exposed during his right cross.

No can defend suckerpunch.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#51 : May 01, 2013, 06:09:22 PM

It is clear as day that Blount doesn't have a problem with pass pro or catching the football, especially compared to the other RB's that played for the Bucs the last few seasons.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#52 : May 04, 2013, 05:21:54 PM

LeGarrette Blount - RB - Patriots

Upon his trade to the Patriots, LeGarrette Blount agreed to a $620,000 pay cut.
Blount was due a $1.25 million base salary before the trade, but the Patriots have slashed it to the $630,000 fourth-year veteran's minimum. He's also eligible for a $50,000 workout bonus. It's a low-risk deal for New England.
Source: ESPN Bahston

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#53 : May 04, 2013, 09:55:39 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-running-back-legarrette-blount-takes-1-million-202556609.html

Hilarious.

Blount took it on the chin big time.  Wow.  Patriots must really respect his talents to cut his pay in half for 2013.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#54 : May 05, 2013, 08:47:44 AM

Dominik's contract probably made it harder to find a trade partner for Blount... and the pay cut may help LeGarrette stick with the pats.  They weren't going to pay a 7th round pick that much money.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#55 : May 05, 2013, 09:17:53 AM

When you only make 1.25 mill and they ask you to take a pay cut , that is the exact point when you know you are a gargabe can in this league...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 11, 2014, 11:04:15 PM

I predict he doesn't make the final 53. I just don't see Belicheck putting up with laziness and mental mistakes.

Sorry had to bump this one. Lulz.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#57 : January 11, 2014, 11:32:29 PM

Damn, you must be a professional bumper.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 11, 2014, 11:35:29 PM

When you only make 1.25 mill and they ask you to take a pay cut , that is the exact point when you know you are a gargabe can in this league...
Blount is a garbage can in this league? Not sure if serious...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#59 : January 11, 2014, 11:35:51 PM

Fits in quite nicely.

Dude has a lot of talent and production to show for it. A spectacular athlete!

Blount haters...lmao...clownsshoes wearing morons !

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will LeGarrette Blount fit in with Patriots? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools