Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Abraham « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 02, 2013, 03:40:50 PM

FRG, I thought being injury prone was a prerequisite for playing on our D-Line, not a deterant to
In that case Abraham doesn't suffer catastrophic enough injuries for the Bucs' liking. He's merely prone to tweaking his hamstring or groin. To play for the Bucs, you need to be able go hard enough to tear a ligament.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#16 : May 02, 2013, 04:45:43 PM

well played....and true

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 02, 2013, 06:07:17 PM

I think Freeney would be a better fit. More technical with his pass rush moves which is what I think out DE's need to witness in practice.

I do think Gholston and Means will surprise a few and provide solid depth, but Freeney would be great in meeting rooms, and locker room.

BucsWin31

Starter

#18 : May 02, 2013, 07:08:19 PM

I think Freeney would be a better fit. More technical with his pass rush moves which is what I think out DE's need to witness in practice.

I do think Gholston and Means will surprise a few and provide solid depth, but Freeney would be great in meeting rooms, and locker room.

I just don't get why we don't go after a guy like him. Nothing wrong with letting the young guys get time, but there's no such thing as too many QUALITY Dlinemen. If we really want to make a run lets solidify the line and play Buc ball

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 02, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

I think Freeney would be a better fit. More technical with his pass rush moves

You mean the one spin move he does on every single play ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 02, 2013, 07:26:26 PM

John Abraham - DL - Free Agent

Appearing on Total Access, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported the Titans are just "kicking the tires" on free agent John Abraham and "seeing what he has left."
The Titans are expected to do the same with free agent Dwight Freeney in the coming days, per Rapoport. It doesn't sound like a signing is imminent, and the Titans are likely just getting a feel of what the two veterans are looking for money-wise. Derrick Morgan and Kam Wimbley are entrenched as Tennessee's starting defensive ends.
Related: Tincans, Dwight Freeney

==========

Seems we have a few spots that just opened up.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 02, 2013, 07:37:34 PM

I just don't get why we don't go after a guy like him. Nothing wrong with letting the young guys get time, but there's no such thing as too many QUALITY Dlinemen. If we really want to make a run lets solidify the line and play Buc ball

+1 do it Dom!

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 02, 2013, 08:05:54 PM

That's one more move than our current DE's know........it's funny cause it's true...:(

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 02, 2013, 08:07:22 PM

yeah, the one he's used to get 107 sacks and make 7 pro bowls and 4 all pro teams. 
: May 02, 2013, 08:17:35 PM Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 02, 2013, 08:16:33 PM

Freeney is looking for a 2 year $12 mil contract.  Say he would accept $10 mil,  could we afford?  Would he take a 2 year deal? 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#25 : July 25, 2013, 05:02:08 PM

John Abraham, Arizona Cardinals strike contract

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220961/article/exfalcons-de-abraham-signs-with-cardinals

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 25, 2013, 05:05:27 PM

According to Steve Duemeg  , the Bucs were interested in Abraham ,  but eventually backed off because they were afraid he wouldn't buy into the way they do things.  He says he knows because he and Abraham share the same agent and the agent told him .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#27 : July 25, 2013, 05:08:40 PM

so he goes to play for that dumpster fire in Arizona instead of the Bucs - poor decision, imo.

bucfan1977

Practice Squad
#28 : July 25, 2013, 06:36:05 PM

Love our "potential" with AC and Bowers but IMHO Abraham could have really helped us. Heard on radio today on way home somebody in buc organization passed because of potential locker room cancer, especially on our young DEs. Man I hope Gholston steps up in TC along with Means. Lotta faith and wishful homer thinking.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 25, 2013, 06:41:59 PM

Rice would have never been signed by this regime. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Abraham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools