Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: William Gholston has a message for everyone..... Im not Vernon. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#45 : May 04, 2013, 08:12:03 PM

If he can dominate the NFL like his cousin dominated college we will be in good shape.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 04, 2013, 10:15:25 PM

I am pulling for him.  Dude has to have a chip on his shoulder the size of Mt Rushmore.   He was probably tired of the Vernon comparison years ago, yet it still happens on a daily basis.  I hope he uses that for motivation, and breaks out big time.

Wonder why that chip didn't drive him to do anything in college. He must be saving it all up for the NFL.  ;)

As you know, it doesn't always work out that way, guys star in college then turn into All Pros. It would be nice if it did work that way, it would make a lot of peoples jobs much easier.

But in reality,  you get guys that didn't do squat in college,  and not even get drafted, turn into Super Bowl MVP QB's.

And you get guys tearing up the college game, and then can barely make the roster of the worse team in the NFL.

Its a crapshoot, so that is why I give this Gholston cat a clean slate.  Lets see how he performs before throwing him to the wolves.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : May 04, 2013, 11:29:34 PM

Some of ya'll take things too seriously. Obviously every rookie is an unknown and they all could go either way in the NFL. Nobody knows for sure. Just because some of us don't like certain picks, doesn't mean we are stating that they will suck as a fact. Well...at least I'm not. I hate the Glennon and Gholston picks. I think they will suck. It's just an opinion though. Any of these guys could end up being great. Time will tell, but in the mean time all we fans can do is kill time and talk about what we think will happen. No reason to get offended just because we don't all love all our picks. How boring would it be if we did?

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#48 : May 05, 2013, 12:21:24 AM

I think its the way you voice your displeasure. But its a free country so ....

The quest for .500 begins...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 09, 2013, 07:18:52 AM

Looks like a big slow turd to me. Maybe he can be a NT.

Bumped for laughs , Lulz !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 09, 2013, 07:42:19 AM

Lol

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 09, 2013, 07:45:56 AM

Lol

Tehehe!!

Wait guys, but as JD said, Landri had a sack yesterday also so we shouldn't count Gholston's sacks. Also we should ignore how good he's been playing because it doesn't fit what JD said would happen.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#52 : December 09, 2013, 08:24:48 AM

Lol

Tehehe!!

Wait guys, but as JD said, Landri had a sack yesterday also so we shouldn't count Gholston's sacks. Also we should ignore how good he's been playing because it doesn't fit what JD said would happen.
And don't forget to put no stock in Johnthan Banks playing well either... None.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 09, 2013, 08:59:51 AM

We may not see Gholston or Banks in a Pro Bowl anytime soon, but both are clearly on the rise. Little by little, game by game, they are making plays and looking like keepers. Not a bad rookie crop this year, or last year either. Banks may be behind the curve a bit for a 2nd rounder, but Glennon is well above it and Gholston is starting to climb. Spence has been ahead of it since day 1. James was on a fast track until his injury. Means is still a work in progress. LOL; Schiano must have a 5th round jinx, with Goode from last year not making it...
    This building thing really is a process, not a snap your fingers and voila, instant SUPER BOWL thing...

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#54 : December 09, 2013, 09:56:25 AM

Some of ya'll take things too seriously. Obviously every rookie is an unknown and they all could go either way in the NFL. Nobody knows for sure. Just because some of us don't like certain picks, doesn't mean we are stating that they will suck as a fact. Well...at least I'm not. I hate the Glennon and Gholston picks. I think they will suck. It's just an opinion though. Any of these guys could end up being great. Time will tell, but in the mean time all we fans can do is kill time and talk about what we think will happen. No reason to get offended just because we don't all love all our picks. How boring would it be if we did?

Your first sentence.... really? 
For those who make the draft a hobby, it's my experience that the most highly opinionated people become slaves to their own ego. 
And they just can't back off their highly coveted opinion until there is consensus on a players performance that is contrary to their assessment. 
And then they laugh it off as "just an opinion" no big deal. 
Perhaps the most extreme example of this is how a poster on another board still insists McCoy is a bust.  Your compass needle is swinging in that direction.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#55 : December 09, 2013, 10:12:14 AM

Your first sentence.... really? 
For those who make the draft a hobby, it's my experience that the most highly opinionated people become slaves to their own ego. 
And they just can't back off their highly coveted opinion until there is consensus on a players performance that is contrary to their assessment. 
And then they laugh it off as "just an opinion" no big deal. 
Perhaps the most extreme example of this is how a poster on another board still insists McCoy is a bust.  Your compass needle is swinging in that direction.

The idiot that still claims McCoy is a bust and his pack of trolls are the only one trying to make me look like the person you are describing. Don't let 4 or 5 morons with no life sway your view of things. I've been here about 6 years now. I am way more into scouting guys than I should be, but I enjoy it. I always admit when I am wrong though. It happens a lot because I have a lot of opinions. I have no ego and I don't worry about impressing people on the interent...so I don't hesitate to give my opinions. The peanut gallery might pull up old stuff constantly and point out every time I am wrong again and again, but I'm not the type of guy to go back and pull up all the times I have been right. Because it doesn't matter. It's not why I do it.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do Biff. I can assure you that if Gholston truely becomes a stud player, I will be just as happy about it as you or anyone else. I won't however join in on the over reaction to one good game vs a horrible offense. I'm not buying in. Doesn't make me biased or ego driven. I just need to see something more than one good performance vs a bad offense before I start coming up with nicknames for him and pulling up old threads in an attempt to show people were wrong.

With Glennon, I am convinced he is better than I gave him credit for. I've already explained that I was a bit drunk on draft day and I said some stupid and immature things about Glennon. Some lame personal attacks on the guy that I regret. I've been willing to give him a shot because he has looked much better than I expected. However, he hasn't done anything to convince me he is the future. He still hasn't had a single good 2nd half. People keep making a variety of excuses, but the truth is, if he is a franchise QB...he needs to step up and show everyone there is no doubt he is the man. I have not seen that. Quite the opposite in fact. It doesn't really matter at thos point though. Glennon and Schiano are obviously going to get 2014 to prove me wrong. Hope they do. Otherwise it is going to be another very long season.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#56 : December 09, 2013, 10:23:53 AM

It's true, JDub has no problem at all admitting he was wrong ...after a long and brutal beatdown forces him to.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 09, 2013, 11:02:52 AM

I was wrong about Gholston as he shows the explosiveness needed to play.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#58 : December 09, 2013, 11:41:20 AM

It's true, JDub has no problem at all admitting he was wrong ...after a long and brutal beatdown forces him to.
Bwahahahaha

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#59 : December 09, 2013, 11:42:49 AM

He is not Vernon. Vernon had a much more impressive college career.
And look at what that did for him. 0 career sacks.

So we didn't draft Chad Spann or whats his face. Get over it.
Wow, I had forgotten this post.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: William Gholston has a message for everyone..... Im not Vernon. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools