Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs showing mysterious lack of faith in their QB, Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 03, 2013, 10:00:27 AM

Not likely given he doesn't know the offense.  Sully isn't going to give him reps unless he earns it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 03, 2013, 10:04:24 AM

Freeman may be really inconsistent and he may lack "it" but hes the best we got right now and we can do a hell of a lot worse. Best were going to have until something better comes a long. Glennon wont be taking that job anytime soon. The good news is that he has shown glimpses of really good play. This offense has shown it can be capable of great things even with Freeman at QB. So as long as they are doing their job for the most part and the defense does a lot better which it probably will considering we added the best corner in football when healthy and a all star safety then this team should win more games. Now when this team has to play a tough team like say SF or Seattle, then I want to see Freeman show hes capable of winning these games too. I think thats a question we all would like to see answered. Even the "freepologists". 

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 03, 2013, 10:06:04 AM

I think they locked in to having 3 QBs on the roster by picking Glennon.  If they do go with two, it's Freeman and Glennon. if Freeman goes cold with the weather as he has been doing, they've got a rookie with no one behind him.  Still, I don't see the value of Orlovsky's experience.

Hoist the Battleflag

Mizer

Second String

#18 : May 03, 2013, 10:37:11 AM

Glennon is a great pick and will help the bucs in more ways than 1.  At the very least we now have a second string qb who can run the same system the same way as freeman. But here is what it really helps the bucs with:

Boomer and sully both have discussed the fact that freeman is late on his throws. We bring in Glennon and now here is what we will see this year:

- freeman will get better at this and it will be a non issue

Or

Glennon will have the exact same problem it it will be pretty clear that any qb not named manning is going to be a little late in this offense

Or

Freeman doesn't get any better at this and Glennon has no trouble with it. Then we will know it is totally a problem only freeman has and always will

Just my 2 cents
: May 03, 2013, 10:45:23 AM Mizer

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 03, 2013, 01:02:49 PM

That's why Tiki Barber retired. Eli isn't a get in your face QB and he will never win anything.

Oh wait. His quiet leadership has won twice as many Superbowls as his in your face brother.

It doesn't surprise me that Schiano is pulling this crap. But the front office is going along with it is ridiculous.

Get ready for another 5 year rebuilding process if Freeman doesn't pan out.
or 5 years of mediocracy if he is extended and doesn't improve much.

Mediocrity? Lol.

But seriously. Teams are winning SB's with Flacco, Eli and Big Ben, I'm cool with Freeman. Make the D top notch.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

ingey1968

Starter

#20 : May 03, 2013, 02:01:52 PM

That's why Tiki Barber retired. Eli isn't a get in your face QB and he will never win anything.

Oh wait. His quiet leadership has won twice as many Superbowls as his in your face brother.

It doesn't surprise me that Schiano is pulling this crap. But the front office is going along with it is ridiculous.

Get ready for another 5 year rebuilding process if Freeman doesn't pan out.
or 5 years of mediocracy if he is extended and doesn't improve much.

Mediocrity? Lol.

But seriously. Teams are winning SB's with Flacco, Eli and Big Ben, I'm cool with Freeman. Make the D top notch.

All 3 are much better then Freeman, not even comparable.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 03, 2013, 02:15:47 PM

The Bucs didn't have an adequate #2 if injury were to befall Freeman. Pete needs to listen to Dominik's comments on 98.7 The Fan.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 03, 2013, 02:16:32 PM

You guys will eat your words when you see Josh's new TD dance...

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

SDBucs

Second String

#23 : May 03, 2013, 03:07:06 PM

You haters are right.

Freeman has no aim, he is a scrub, and can't lead our team to anything. Glennon, the quarterback scouted as a 3rd round talent, clearly will do better things for this team.

This video should prove that.

Especially at :30.

What a sorry excuse for a QB.

Especially because this franchise is SO used to having any sort of talent at the position, we really know how to judge our QB's!
: May 03, 2013, 03:09:00 PM SDBucs

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 03, 2013, 03:11:54 PM

Especially because this franchise is SO used to having any sort of talent at the position, we really know how to judge our QB's!
What are you talking about the Bucs have drafted three Super Bowl winning QB's and a member of the top 10 in career passing yards!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blackfoot

Second String
#25 : May 03, 2013, 05:55:57 PM

I am fine with the Glennon pick. We needed a back -up, but we win with Free. We have a lot of the pieces in place, maybe even enough to win the whole thing. It will however take some coaching. To me that is the biggest question mark. Is our HC over his head. How many great QBs has he produced, or winning teams for that matter. I thought he did ok last year ( after costing us the NYG game by play playing not to lose once we had a lead in the second half). But the HC still has a lot to prove and he wouldn't do it by undermining his starting QB. Where there is smoke... so our HC had better figure out that this isn't college Ra-Ra football and keep his toes and mouth on the line or he will be replaced by some how knows how to use the tools he has to win a SB.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#26 : May 03, 2013, 06:03:29 PM

What are you talking about the Bucs have drafted three Super Bowl winning QB's and a member of the top 10 in career passing yards!

Just one won a SB here, backed up by a #1 defense of (soon to be) multiple HOFers.

Finding 'em does not seem to be our problem...keeping 'em here, getting the most out of 'em, seeing there value when they are still here is though.

You make it sound as if Freeman is another one of those and we let him do his thing elsewhere, lol.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 03, 2013, 06:19:40 PM

Just one won a SB here, backed up by a #1 defense of (soon to be) multiple HOFers.

Finding 'em does not seem to be our problem...keeping 'em here, getting the most out of 'em, seeing there value when they are still here is though.

You make it sound as if Freeman is another one of those and we let him do his thing elsewhere, lol.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Freeman won a Superbowl on some other team.

blackfoot

Second String
#28 : May 03, 2013, 06:34:51 PM

Here is my guess. We make to the playoffs the next two years, but can't close the deal. We bring in a new HC and win the SB the next year with the new HC ( maybe some guy who gets tired of talking about football and wants to coach again)!!!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 03, 2013, 06:43:01 PM

I guess the OP prefers we NOT draft another QB who actually might be able to lead us to the playoffs.
    Personally I think it's more the FANS who have doubts about Freeman than Schiano. And Schiano doesn't make the call whether to extend a contract or not. Dominik has seen Freeman a lot longer than Schiano, and could have his doubts as to how well he's improving year to year. Schiano has no taste for losing, and Freeman's mid-season meltdown was not all about the INTs; he went into a strange funk and couldn't seem to shake it for several games. That's a MENTAL meltdown by Schiano's field general, which should be a concern to any HC. Besides, NOT having 2 good QBs is a huge liability in the NFL; it's a long season and an injury at QB is generally more devastating than at any other position. 
    Bottom line; much ado about nuttin'...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs showing mysterious lack of faith in their QB, Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools