Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will try to carry over about $10 million in cap room to 2014. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 04, 2013, 02:19:28 PM

With Freeney I think we make the playoffs. Getting past the divisionals is another story.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2013, 02:55:44 PM

There could be a surprise cut or two in camp, that helps the cap even more.  I don't have anyone in mind right now, but it seems to happen every year.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 04, 2013, 04:05:48 PM

I think Doug Free will be a Buc if Dallas cuts him.
God I hope not.. That dude is like a bowling pin.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 04, 2013, 04:15:37 PM

GMs look better when the coaching can develop talent. Mark has stepped his game up and hopefully Schiano proves to be a good coach.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 04, 2013, 04:43:13 PM

Pretty impressive cap management effort...

For the second consecutive year we have brought in elite players and still have more money in cap space than 90% of the league.

Credit where its due, MD is killing it.    Believe he's truly coming into his prime.

Is it truly impressive if you don't make the playoffs?

Superbowl minimum...    ::)

I am talking about cap management.  I thought that much was clear...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 04, 2013, 11:31:14 PM

Just a question, if Freeney and Abraham are still quality football players, why is NO ONE in the NFL clamoring for their services?

Maybe the rest of the league agrees with the Bucs FO in that these guys aren't worth the money they're asking for and its better to  give the reps to what you already have.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 04, 2013, 11:34:05 PM

Just a question, if Freeney and Abraham are still quality football players, why is NO ONE in the NFL clamoring for their services?

Maybe the rest of the league agrees with the Bucs FO in that these guys aren't worth the money they're asking for and its better to  give the reps to what you already have.
Freeney is coming off a down year because he didn't fit the new Colts 3-4 scheme. Teams are skeptical if he still has any juice left because his production took a massive hit. And he was asking for way too much to start this off-season.

Abe is 35, injury prone and just a situational pass rusher at this point. He had two visits recently so he'll get signed soon.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 04, 2013, 11:39:15 PM

I'm pretty sure its due to their price tags.... which is sure to come down as each day passes. Right now, its simply a waiting game.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 04, 2013, 11:40:24 PM

I think Doug Free will be a Buc if Dallas cuts him.
God I hope not.. That dude is like a bowling pin.

Yea, f*ck that.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 04, 2013, 11:44:52 PM

are the Bucs trying to win the cap space war or win games?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 05, 2013, 12:16:04 AM

I assume that's a rhetorical question R24...    why you posed it, hell if I know...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will try to carry over about $10 million in cap room to 2014. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools