Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The draft 1 week later. Who was your least favorite pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

: May 04, 2013, 10:48:47 AM

Mike Glennon is mine. We already have a starting QB and you don't draft back up QB's in the high portion of the third round. IF you are drafting a QB in the 3rd round he should be your starter. If Glennon becomes our starter, that means this 2013 season was a bust.

The Freeman

Starter

#1 : May 04, 2013, 11:33:35 AM

Mike Glennon, Akeem Spence & Mike James

Mike Glennon
overdrafted (see Al Bundy) + Nassib, Barkley, Wilson & Jones still available

Akeem Spence
overdrafted & cost two picks...
+ prospect like DE Alex Okafor, C/G/T Barrett Jones, DT Jason Williams, RB Johnathan Franklin still available

Mike James
cost two picks in a deep draft at RB

this is three good prospect but i don't like what Dominik have done...
you can find same talent later in the draft or more talent with the traded picks

Means was overdrafted too, you can take him in the 6th round & have a better RB with the 5th round pick and not loss a pick in the James trade up
: May 04, 2013, 11:37:23 AM The Freeman

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 04, 2013, 11:52:31 AM

Mike Glennon is mine. We already have a starting QB and you don't draft back up QB's in the high portion of the third round. IF you are drafting a QB in the 3rd round he should be your starter. If Glennon becomes our starter, that means this 2013 season was a bust.

you know, I initially thought the same thing, but after seeing that we've addressed our other needs, and now that I've watched several games of Glennon's, I'm really glad we got the guy.  He's a great insurance policy.  If freeman goes down, god forbid, glennon is accurate enough to step in and get the job done; and if freeman balls out, worst that happens is we hold on to glennon for a couple years, then parlay him for a 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick, al la patriots style

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 04, 2013, 12:16:30 PM

Mike Glennon

Akeem Spence
+ prospect like DE Alex Okafor, C/G/T Barrett Jones, DT Jason Williams, RB Johnathan Franklin still available

Mike James

you can find same talent later in the draft or more talent with the traded picks

Means was overdrafted too, you can take him in the 6th round & have a better RB with the 5th round pick and not loss a pick in the James trade up

Barkley, Nassib and Jones were 4th round rated QBs by a few, Wilson was a 5th 6th round guy in my eyes. Landry Jones is the only guy I woulda wanted from those 4 QBs you listed..  I had us taking Glennon in my mock in the 4th, considering he was a top 3 rated QB in this draft I don't mind the slight reach. Now from a need stand point I get why people were upset over the Glennon pick.

Mine would have to be James, cost us a 6th and 7th round pick and he was probably going to be a UDFA.
: May 04, 2013, 12:18:21 PM XFactor

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 04, 2013, 12:18:39 PM

None of them. Whatever disapproval I had a week ago has been replaced by hoping I was wrong. I wanna win, period.

In Verner We Trust

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 04, 2013, 12:30:06 PM

Steve Means was the only one that had me scratching my head. Glennon makes sense. Spence and Gholston are good players and eventual starters. James is a tough backer with experience. Banks was a outstanding selection IMO. I was honestly shocked he was still on the board at #43.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#6 : May 04, 2013, 12:44:09 PM

I like our picks. I initially balked on the Glennon pick but I did very little research on him prior to the draft because I figured most QB-starved teams ahead of us would reach and take these guys off the board. However, looking back at his body of work, Glennon was the best choice for us in this year's crop of QBs (maybe outside of EJ Manuel). Big arm, nice touch on the deep ball. Fits what we do on offense. Definitely has some things to work on.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 04, 2013, 01:10:26 PM

Steve Means was the only one that had me scratching my head. Glennon makes sense. Spence and Gholston are good players and eventual starters. James is a tough backer with experience. Banks was a outstanding selection IMO. I was honestly shocked he was still on the board at #43.

Draft was deep at CB. We were bound to get someone highly rated.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 04, 2013, 02:03:37 PM

Landry Jones main issue is not correctable by coaching. He can't feel pressure at all and is a chicken **CENSORED** in the pocket.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 04, 2013, 02:08:36 PM

None of them. Whatever disapproval I had a week ago has been replaced by hoping I was wrong. I wanna win, period.

as it should be!!

-------------------------------------------------------

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 04, 2013, 08:45:54 PM

It's still Glennon. Of course I don't approve of the value in choosing Spence, Means, or James,  but the Glennon pick was too much of a shock. It doesn't make any sense at all. Your backup QB doesn't need to fit exactly what the starter does. If Freeman goes down we are going to be taking shots down the field with a rookie QB? Is that really the plan?

I'd rather have the backup QB be a game manager than a guy who we're counting on to heave the ball down the field. I guess all logical thinking has escaped One Buc at the moment.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 04, 2013, 08:51:38 PM

Glennon. Would have liked Bailey there.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#12 : May 04, 2013, 09:26:46 PM

Mike Glennon

Akeem Spence

Mike James

If you like a player you take him. Hawks did the same thing w/ Sherman and Irvin. It worked out pretty well. I personally think Akeem Spence will be better then Roy Miller. Also Steven Means is very explosive and I think had a lot to do with Eric Stokes from the Seahwks who is known to find diamonds in the rough.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 04, 2013, 10:41:59 PM

It's still Glennon. Of course I don't approve of the value in choosing Spence, Means, or James,  but the Glennon pick was too much of a shock. It doesn't make any sense at all. Your backup QB doesn't need to fit exactly what the starter does. If Freeman goes down we are going to be taking shots down the field with a rookie QB? Is that really the plan?

I'd rather have the backup QB be a game manager than a guy who we're counting on to heave the ball down the field. I guess all logical thinking has escaped One Buc at the moment.

Seems like a logical pick to me. If Glennon was forced to play this year we are not going to ask him to throw it 40 times a game,  playbook gets simplified and he would basically be a game manager. Freeman is in a contract year, I think he will be great this year but if he is not you have your QB of the future with a year of learning from the sidelines. It's a pretty logical pick.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 04, 2013, 10:48:48 PM

Sooooo....if Glennon turns out to be a starting QB it is a bad thing somehow?

Most people would think it was a pretty good move to get a starting QB in the third.  Some might even call it a steal.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The draft 1 week later. Who was your least favorite pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools