Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The draft 1 week later. Who was your least favorite pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 04, 2013, 11:29:45 PM

Mike Glennon is mine. We already have a starting QB and you don't draft back up QB's in the high portion of the third round. IF you are drafting a QB in the 3rd round he should be your starter. If Glennon becomes our starter, that means this 2013 season was a bust.

Sooooo....if Glennon turns out to be a starting QB it is a bad thing somehow?

Most people would think it was a pretty good move to get a starting QB in the third.  Some might even call it a steal.

It means the 2013 went in the tank. Would be A LOT of jobs lost over at 1 Buc place.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2013, 11:51:48 PM

Mike Glennon is mine. We already have a starting QB and you don't draft back up QB's in the high portion of the third round. IF you are drafting a QB in the 3rd round he should be your starter. If Glennon becomes our starter, that means this 2013 season was a bust.

Sooooo....if Glennon turns out to be a starting QB it is a bad thing somehow?

Most people would think it was a pretty good move to get a starting QB in the third.  Some might even call it a steal.

So if Freeman gets injured, Glennon starts then we have a steal? I think you're reading his post wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 04, 2013, 11:55:41 PM

After studying on it, hard to fault any of our picks at this point. Glennon at first, but in retrospect, he would seem a better option for our style than any other QBs available. If we hadn't taken him in round 3, Giants would've gotten him early in round 4, as our offenses are very similar. And I think we want actual competitionat QB.
    Didn't like Gholston at first, but now I have to say in round 4 he was worth a shot. Enormous upside...

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#18 : May 05, 2013, 04:31:01 AM

I like all of our picks except for James. He doesnt add anything to the team, and trading up for him was unnecessary. The guy couldnt even beat out a rookie in college.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 05, 2013, 11:33:17 AM

Apparently Dominik, and maybe Schiano too, see James as an ideal b/u RB who is already very mature beyond his age. He is consistantly on his assignments, A strong runner who keeps his legs churning on contact, not super-fast, good receiver, and reliable blocker. That's kinda unusual just out of college; most college RBs can run, but need to refine their route running and receiving skills, and learn to block. He may only ever be an average NFL RB due to lack of breakaway speed, but I think he could be a very good receiver and blocker. A la Earnest Graham...

The one thing the Bucs didn't do that could've helped is to trade DOWN in round 3, as they likely could've still gotten Glennon. I agree with Dom in NOT waiting 'til round 4 tho'; I think there was a good chance the Giants woul've traded above us to nab him, as he fits their offense too.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 05, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

I don't presume to know which of these picks were good. I want to see them on the field 1st.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 05, 2013, 11:39:46 AM

Its like choosing your least favorite child. 

If I HAD to choose, I say the 13 we gave for Revis due to his knee and the related question mark about it.

I endorsed the decision for Revis.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : May 05, 2013, 12:35:27 PM

Glennon, Means, Spence, James, Gholston. None of those 4 should have been draft picks, especially where they were drafted. Glennon is a 7th round type of guy with no real ability and the rest of the guys were UDFA types that shouldn't be on an NFL roster. Practice squad city. Hopefully this draft is enough Schiano is fired at the end of the season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 05, 2013, 12:56:27 PM

Milton - with no real ability, how did Glennon manage to beat FSU and their plethora of talent?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 05, 2013, 01:17:49 PM

Milton - with no real ability, how did Glennon manage to beat FSU and their plethora of talent?

Everyone gets lucky once in their life. That was Glennon's one piece of it. That was his shining moment.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 05, 2013, 01:30:06 PM

I have to go with Gholston.  Glennon isn't a bad prospect but his potential exceeds Gholston's but yeah Glennon and Means are right up there for players being over drafted.  Bucs really did poor in terms of draft value from the 2013 draft.  Mike James makes it worse.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 05, 2013, 02:19:46 PM

No real ability?  Get serious Milton.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#27 : May 05, 2013, 02:37:54 PM

Some of you Free homer chicks crack me up.
That's the sheepskin the OP hid this thread under.
You actually think the QB pick was a choice.
Your boy goes on a 10 game skid on 2011 and almost a 6 game season ender last year.
Meanwhile the Bucs have spent big money on making this team into a contender. It's playoffs now!
 You think the staff will let our  QB, Captain Cavein, holding this team hostage?
Go ahead and hope this guy will finally develop in his 5th year. Yeah right. That's as probable as Kate Upton showing up on my doorstep with cold beer.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 05, 2013, 03:46:11 PM

Your boy goes on a 10 game skid on 2011 and almost a 6 game season ender last year.
Meanwhile the Bucs have spent big money on making this team into a contender. It's playoffs now!
 You think the staff will let our  QB, Captain Cavein, holding this team hostage?
Go ahead and hope this guy will finally develop in his 5th year. Yeah right. That's as probable as Kate Upton showing up on my doorstep with cold beer.

I have been hard on Freeman, but Glennon is no better.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 05, 2013, 04:19:49 PM

No one brought up Freeman except you. Just because a lot of us aren't Glennon-homers, doesn't mean we think Freeman is the bomb.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The draft 1 week later. Who was your least favorite pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools