Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In my opinion maybe no blackouts at all...Here's a breakdown of the schedule.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 04, 2013, 08:10:25 PM

So even if we get off to a good start your sticking with 5-6 blackouts?          So your expecting 6 crowds of under 56,ooo people...???/   I wish I was in Vegas..lol
: May 04, 2013, 08:12:08 PM ToddyBuc

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2013, 08:28:39 PM

I think just the addition of VJ,Nicks, Revis, and goldson help ease the anger of the fanbase after being on the cheap for years, now it's just a matter of coming out and winning some games.

Besides that, the schedule is indeed in our favor. That will also help sales in the first potion of the season, as some fans will see it as a legitimate shot of watching some wins.

I think we'll sell out around 2/3rds of the games, with week one a certainty if Revis and Sanchez play. Media hype will be in full effect by then.

I'm buying tickets this season because I believe they're actually trying for once. Maybe a lot of fans feel the same way?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 04, 2013, 08:35:23 PM

I think just the addition of VJ,Nicks, Revis, and goldson help ease the anger of the fanbase after being on the cheap for years, now it's just a matter of coming out and winning some games.

Besides that, the schedule is indeed in our favor. That will also help sales in the first potion of the season, as some fans will see it as a legitimate shot of watching some wins.

I think we'll sell out around 2/3rds of the games, with week one a certainty if Revis and Sanchez play. Media hype will be in full effect by then.

I'm buying tickets this season because I believe they're actually trying for once. Maybe a lot of fans feel the same way?

I agree so much buddy.. Im moving back to be apart of Buc ball again..  And the economy is doing better unemployment has dipped to its lowest in 6 years..  The Glazers pissed so many people off.(Fans have forgiving them I hope so).....And one more thing I would of never went out on a limb and made this post at anytime after Gruden was fired....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 04, 2013, 09:03:56 PM

I agree so much buddy.. Im moving back to be apart of Buc ball again..  And the economy is doing better unemployment has dipped to its lowest in 6 years..  The Glazers pissed so many people off.(Fans have forgiving them I hope so).....And one more thing I would of never went out on a limb and made this post at anytime after Gruden was fired....

Good to see that someone thinks the same way about this issue. Hopefully others as well.

I still believe the glazers will go back to their cheap ways eventually. But as of right now, there aren't too many ways to argue cheapness on the glazers behalf.

Respect is due, and the only way we can make sure they see that is from ticket sales. It's a really good case of, "we'll spend, if you do" and we want them to get the idea that if they do spend, the fans will flock. It makes sense that people dropped season tickets for non spending, let's just see if spending cures. I happen to think it will help a great deal.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 04, 2013, 09:21:31 PM

Bucs are 6-4 with the Falcons coming in last year with the Bucs on a 4 game winning streak.

54,400 attendance.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 04, 2013, 09:48:38 PM

Bucs are 6-4 with the Falcons coming in last year with the Bucs on a 4 game winning streak.

54,400 attendance.

Yeah that was last year.. Economy still very bad..  The defense was atrocious... I see what your saying but the Bucs are relevant again.. Revis and Goldson were huge signings  .... Will wait and see but there is more excitement about the Bucs in quite sometime..

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 04, 2013, 10:07:24 PM

54,400 attendance.

Yeah that was last year.. Economy still very bad..  The defense was atrocious... I see what your saying but the Bucs are relevant again.. Revis and Goldson were huge signings  .... Will wait and see but there is more excitement about the Bucs in quite sometime..

I don't think there's been all that marked a change in fans attitude plus I'm not sure the team can sell out with any consistency no matter how good the team is. It's the area and not necessarily the team and the reasons are multifaceted. This isn't the late 90's.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 04, 2013, 11:25:29 PM

Both national tv games will not be blacked out - book it. Tampa likes a party and National TV football is always a crowd pleaser.

I think New Orleans and Philly have decent shots at a sell out. Also think the Atlanta game has a chance to at least be 85% since the Bucs will be in contention. San Fran I think has a chance if we're still in it.

Buffalo and Arizona? Not snowball's chance in Hades.

Someone said if the Glazers don't do the 85% rule it'll be bad PR. I disagree, I think it would be a great sign that ticket sales have dramatically improved.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : May 05, 2013, 08:30:30 AM

Both national tv games will not be blacked out - book it. Tampa likes a party and National TV football is always a crowd pleaser.

I think New Orleans and Philly have decent shots at a sell out. Also think the Atlanta game has a chance to at least be 85% since the Bucs will be in contention. San Fran I think has a chance if we're still in it.

Buffalo and Arizona? Not snowball's chance in Hades.

Someone said if the Glazers don't do the 85% rule it'll be bad PR. I disagree, I think it would be a great sign that ticket sales have dramatically improved.

Definitely will be a bad PR move by the Glazers not to give Buc faithful the 85% benchmark for sellout.  If they don't, they won't have many locally televised games. You admit that yourself above.   Also a bad business move - not being able to show your product (Revis, Vjax, Martin, McCoy, Freeman) to the locals on a weekly basis.  We've had this same discussion last season.

ingey1968

Starter

#24 : May 05, 2013, 02:51:49 PM

If they think attendance will be good, they wont do the 85. Because if they do, visiting team will get additional revenue for anything over that benchmark
: May 05, 2013, 06:20:11 PM ingey1968

m_j

Starter

#25 : May 05, 2013, 03:17:22 PM

well, it depends on how we start this year, but I wouldn't be sure about any blackouts skipped apart from that MNF

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 06, 2013, 01:41:25 PM

If they think attendance will be good, they wont do the 85. Because if they do, visiting team will get additional revenue for anything over that benchmark

true that

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 12, 2013, 07:47:06 AM

So even if we get off to a good start your sticking with 5-6 blackouts?          So your expecting 6 crowds of under 56,ooo people...???/   I wish I was in Vegas..lol

Glazers will have to make that 85% decision again to get blackouts lifted at 56k. Otherwise, we'll need 65k to end the blackout.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 12, 2013, 08:01:38 AM

The 85% rule is bogus anyways. There were games last season that were over 85% and still blacked out because we didn't reach the 85% until after Wednesday,  when they declare it.

That rule is pointless.  If you are already past 85% on wednedsay chances are its going to be damn close to a sell out anyways.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 12, 2013, 08:06:21 AM

There were games last season that were over 85%

rarely - usually about 40-50k if that.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In my opinion maybe no blackouts at all...Here's a breakdown of the schedule.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools