Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One name remains missing from the Ring « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#180 : May 18, 2013, 12:10:38 PM

mckay, gruber, selmon, tom mcewen (I think), giles

by having those ROHs, you dis players/coaches (ie Kiffin) who don't get up there.

McEwen is not a member. McKay, Gruber, Selmon, Giles and now Sapp.

Why would McEwen ever get in ? That's ridiculous . When I was was young I just remember him writing articles laughing at how BAD the Bucs were.  If that's ROH material than Javaray deserves to go in 1st.

I agree but I didn't suggest the name.

I know ....just sayin.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#181 : May 18, 2013, 06:45:30 PM

Why would McEwen ever get in ? That's ridiculous .

The press box at the St. Pete Times Forum bears his name, as did the press box at the old Tampa Stadium. After Raymond James Stadium was built, the street just south of the new facility was renamed "Tom McEwen Boulevard."  Most of you weren't Buc fans until the day after the Bucs won a Lombardi so you don't know that McEwen had a very major influence in getting an NFL franchise here.

But you're right, he's not on the ROH.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#182 : May 18, 2013, 07:45:09 PM

You only need one very small ring and some hobbits to guard it.

A little faith in the red board was restored today.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#183 : May 18, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

If that's ROH material than Javaray deserves to go in 1st.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/14009/tom-mcewen-a-tampa-bay-treasure

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#184 : May 18, 2013, 11:53:37 PM

I would sooner see Tom McEwen in the ROH than Doug Williams. There would be no franchise in Tampa without him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#185 : May 19, 2013, 08:32:15 AM

Only one media member even deserves longshot consideration and that's Deckerhoff.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#186 : May 19, 2013, 08:34:05 AM

I would sooner see Tom McEwen in the ROH than Doug Williams. There would be no franchise in Tampa without him.

the kids that post on this message board don't know who he was, let alone read a newspaper anymore

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#187 : May 19, 2013, 08:41:35 AM

I know who he was his . His column used to run down the left side of the paper , and it tended to bash the Bucs on the regular , while trying a little to hard to be humorous..  No Dice on ROH.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#188 : May 19, 2013, 08:55:26 AM

His column used to run down the left side of the paper , and it tended to bash the Bucs on the regular

since many of you didn't become Buc fans until January 26, 2003, you probably don't realize that the Bucs stunk for over a decade and needed to be bashed.....they never broke .500 winning pct for over 12 seasons in a row, IIRC.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#189 : May 19, 2013, 09:11:54 AM

His column used to run down the left side of the paper , and it tended to bash the Bucs on the regular

since many of you didn't become Buc fans until January 26, 2003, you probably don't realize that the Bucs stunk for over a decade and needed to be bashed.....they never broke .500 winning pct for over 12 seasons in a row, IIRC.

I don't care . Making fun of the team still doesn't make you ROF material.

As I said , if it does , Javaray is on the list to go in in front of McEwen .

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#190 : May 19, 2013, 09:19:54 AM

The man said what needed to be said and infused humor because all you could do was laugh. There wasn't much to be proud of about our Bucs. I know there wasn't a bigger fan anywhere though. You could see it in the dismay and frustration as each losing season progressed. He didn't decorate it. A pig with lipstick is still a pig. I would never describe what he wrote as bashing. He was just honest and accurate. It's too bad there aren't more like him. Tom McEwen was THE source for all things Buccaneer for a lot of years.
: May 19, 2013, 09:43:49 AM 1sparkybuc

DejaVu

Starter

#191 : May 19, 2013, 09:41:52 AM

Javaray is on the list to go in in front of McEwen .

Although JavaRay does belong in there at some point, I'd put McEwen in ahead of him.     I used to love his articles on the Bucs.   He was the best writer the area has ever had.   Even his descriptions of his breakfasts were good.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#192 : May 19, 2013, 10:56:09 AM

Not until all of our good players from the 97-02 era are in. That era is the only reason the Bucs haven't been shipped out of town, and the only reason this franchise isn't a joke. I can't remember who is in the ROH at this moment, but Brooks, Lynch, Rice, Alstott, Nickerson, even Brian Kelly and Brad Johnson belong in there before Williams.

wow....

wow....

Just saying- glass house, stones- you know.

That's not the first time Morgana has shoved her dainty little foot in her mouth, and it won't be the last.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#193 : May 19, 2013, 11:24:36 AM

Not until all of our good players from the 97-02 era are in. That era is the only reason the Bucs haven't been shipped out of town, and the only reason this franchise isn't a joke. I can't remember who is in the ROH at this moment, but Brooks, Lynch, Rice, Alstott, Nickerson, even Brian Kelly and Brad Johnson belong in there before Williams.

wow....

wow....

Just saying- glass house, stones- you know.

That's not the first time Morgana has shoved her dainty little foot in her mouth, and it won't be the last.

insecurity

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#194 : May 19, 2013, 11:33:10 AM

insecurity

Raging butthurt.

Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One name remains missing from the Ring « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools