Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Banks' skills leave little room for Ronde « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 05, 2013, 01:13:59 PM

I think this could get a little awkward because the Bucs have made moves that make it seem like they don't want Ronde back, but I believe Ronde is salivating at playing with this unbelievably talented secondary where he doesn't have to tell everyone where to lineup each play. As others have said, I hope we don't see another DB55 situation.
: May 05, 2013, 01:16:34 PM bucs449

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#16 : May 05, 2013, 01:26:53 PM

Ronde is still highly effective in the slot and in spot duty. I'm hoping he comes back for one more year. This secondary could be sick.

Ronde would be perfect in the slot playing nickel with this group. Wright is a 1 year insurance policy. If Revis needs more time or Banks isn't ready to start then Wrights a starter. Wrights not a better player in the slot then Ronde. Nothing wrong with having quality depth at what was the weakest position last year.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 05, 2013, 04:57:04 PM

Ronde is still a playmaker. At this point in his career he's not a starter, but I would rather have him on the field in a limited role than any other scrubs on the team.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#18 : May 05, 2013, 05:31:34 PM

You guys are effing crazy if you would rather have Leonard Johnson in the slot/nickel over Barber. Those wanting him to retire, I'm sorry but go play in traffic. He should get 1 more year if he wants.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 05, 2013, 06:16:12 PM

You guys are effing crazy if you would rather have Leonard Johnson in the slot/nickel over Barber. Those wanting him to retire, I'm sorry but go play in traffic. He should get 1 more year if he wants.

I don't think anyone said Leonard should be in the slot.  Revis and Banks outside, Wright in the slot, is the best option IMO.   With Leonard backing up Revis and Banks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GayRobot

Starter

#20 : May 05, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

I don't think anyone said Leonard should be in the slot.  Revis and Banks outside, Wright in the slot, is the best option IMO.   With Leonard backing up Revis and Banks.
I disagree. Wright is better in coverage but Barber is a better tackler/ blitzer and more clutch. We should keep wright in for dime packages and as a backup on the outside.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 05, 2013, 06:25:05 PM

Johnson really isn't a fit outside. He should be in the slot preferably as the backup.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 05, 2013, 06:39:20 PM

Johnson really isn't a fit outside. He should be in the slot preferably as the backup.

Possibly.  But I don't think we really know what Leonard is at this point.  He is very young and who knows what his ceiling is, or if maybe he has reached it already.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 05, 2013, 06:40:31 PM

Ronde is still highly effective in the slot and in spot duty. I'm hoping he comes back for one more year. This secondary could be sick.

Ronde isn't 'highly effective' at anything anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 05, 2013, 06:45:21 PM

Hate to dis the guy, but agree.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 05, 2013, 06:51:37 PM

Every great goes thru it. I hated to see Brooks on the field a shell of his former self and Ronde is heading down that same path.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

nick777777

Starter
#26 : May 05, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

I'm sorry but even last year I saw him play at an extremely high level in a bad secondary.  The guy had 4 interceptions, was still coming fast and furious in to the back field, was still effective at blitzing from the slot.  Here is the better question to ask who can we trust more to play all 16 games?  Someone who signed a huge contract last year got in a DUI wreck that was later dropped, injured all preseason, played and intercepted one pass then got busted for adderal, suspended for 4 games and then didn't play in the last game OR someone who has been a model citizen and has lined up in our secondary game after game for 17 years.  Sorry I personally think Ronde fits better in all aspects of the slot corner than Wright does. 

GayRobot

Starter

#27 : May 05, 2013, 06:58:49 PM

Dude as a nickel with revis and goldson behind him he could do very well. He has a knack for forcing clutch turnovers.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 05, 2013, 06:59:39 PM

Every great goes thru it. I hated to see Brooks on the field a shell of his former self and Ronde is heading down that same path.

I thought DB coach would be a good spot for him, but Holder said the other day, no way Ronde wants to put in the kind of hours,  those guys put in.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 05, 2013, 07:12:43 PM

So what if Ronde doesn't start? His knowledge is what matters for guys like banks.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Banks' skills leave little room for Ronde « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools