Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is Vince's legal justification... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#120 : May 14, 2013, 11:04:22 AM

Psycho-boy needs to start reimbursing PR for sucking their bandwidth on these boards. This no life simpleton never leaves this freakin' place. Here's some advice Psycho-Boy go take a stroll around the grounds of the hospital, it might do you a world of good.

Lol at you going thread by thread with that lame shtick.  At least Buggsy gets out a tries to discuss football occassionally. Congratulations on conquering the lowest ground, right below a guy with no brain.

This is some high quality trash talk.  There is no defense for the kind of verbal lashing the Counselor has laid upon you, Durango.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#121 : May 14, 2013, 11:06:27 AM

Why am I not surprised that it is OK to offend Christians and their beliefs, but not anybody else. That there speaks volumes.

Poor, oppressed Christians. Give me a break. When the time comes that an atheist actually has a shot at winning the White House, then maybe you can sell that "Christian minority" schtick you are pushing.

BTW, last I checked, offending someone wasn't illegal, yet gay marriage is in most of the country. When Asians successfully pass legislation that nationally bans use of the word "Oriental", then perhaps you would have a true equivalency there.

are you sure that was what Spartan meant because if so it makes no sense.  Providing homosexuals with access to the benefits of marriage does not mean the local Baptist church has to agree to marry homosexuals?  Maybe I am missing something?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#122 : May 14, 2013, 12:02:13 PM

Psycho-boy needs to start reimbursing PR for sucking their bandwidth on these boards. This no life simpleton never leaves this freakin' place. Here's some advice Psycho-Boy go take a stroll around the grounds of the hospital, it might do you a world of good.

Lol at you going thread by thread with that lame shtick.  At least Buggsy gets out a tries to discuss football occassionally. Congratulations on conquering the lowest ground, right below a guy with no brain.

This is some high quality trash talk.  There is no defense for the kind of verbal lashing the Counselor has laid upon you, Durango.

Ouch.  How could I possibly defend myself against such a non-lame jab like that?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#123 : May 14, 2013, 12:21:14 PM

Ouch.  How could I possibly defend myself against such a non-lame jab like that?

that's not actually the right question (shocking), the question is how could you possibly add anything substantive to the conversation?  so far, the answer appears to be "you cannot" (see Scarecrow) and my guess is you know that and so you choose to go around calling everyone else stupid and constantly post about the poster rather than the subject to mask your insecurity about your status as . . . . a scarecrow

that's just my guess, you're welcome to prove me wrong. so far I have hundreds of "stupid" posts by you (i.e. calling someone else stupid) and a few suspensions that says I am right . . . well, that and the fact that you actually take the time to go to multiple thread NEVER posting anything substantive and always, almost without fail, calling others stupid.  Why do that but for MASSIVE insecurity?

just a hunch . . .  good luck . . . the subject of this thread is gay marriage

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#124 : May 14, 2013, 12:37:09 PM

False Narrative.  Lame False Narrative.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#125 : May 14, 2013, 12:39:25 PM

False Narrative.  Lame False Narrative.

I didn't have that much hope anyway . . . oh well . . . . once a scarecrow . . .

now . . . back to the subject.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#126 : May 14, 2013, 01:24:45 PM

One Trick Pony. Lame Predictable One Trick Pony

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#127 : May 14, 2013, 07:21:28 PM

"Give me a break. When the time comes that an atheist actually has a shot at winning the White House, then maybe you can sell that "Christian minority" schtick you are pushing."

I think it's even worse than that. I would bet that an atheist has actually won the White House but knew if he were ever admit to being an atheist he would suffer political suicide. Simply unelectable. Which speaks to the closed mindedness of Christians as a voting block and is a testament to the oppressive environment they've fostered. Which brings us back to the the issue of gays. Same cause and effect relationship

spartan

Hall of Famer
#128 : May 14, 2013, 08:48:42 PM

Why am I not surprised that it is OK to offend Christians and their beliefs, but not anybody else. That there speaks volumes.

Poor, oppressed Christians. Give me a break. When the time comes that an atheist actually has a shot at winning the White House, then maybe you can sell that "Christian minority" schtick you are pushing.

BTW, last I checked, offending someone wasn't illegal, yet gay marriage is in most of the country. When Asians successfully pass legislation that nationally bans use of the word "Oriental", then perhaps you would have a true equivalency there.

Ha, ha, so effin funny. And you have the audacity to get angry at being caught in the midse of hypocrisy.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#129 : May 14, 2013, 08:52:01 PM

are you sure that was what Spartan meant because if so it makes no sense.  Providing homosexuals with access to the benefits of marriage does not mean the local Baptist church has to agree to marry homosexuals?  Maybe I am missing something?

Vin,

CBW argued that the Christian argument holds no waeight because the only foul is that they are offeeeeeeended! I am not but hey what's in a few details. Now cast your mind back to when he recently spent pages lecturing everybody how if African Americans, Gays and Asian people deem something to be offensive then it is not up to us to say otherwise and we need to be respectful of their wishes?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#130 : May 16, 2013, 12:34:43 PM

one simple issue must be addressed to understand why this is even a debate.

Do you think being gay is a choice or not? I know it is a choice

You "know" it is a choice, so I assume you have made this choice. You actually thought "I know I could be homosexual but the Bible says that is wrong so I choose to be straight"?
So you are saying that you choose not to be gay? You are saying you could just as easily choose to be gay as be straight? You are admitting that you find both men and women sexually attractive but you choose to ignore the men for now? You know that if you wanted to, you could easily and readily embrace some hairy naked guy and have the night of your life but you don't ONLY because you have made a choice.

Now it all makes sense

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#131 : May 16, 2013, 01:25:08 PM

Note that I personally have said nothing about choices or lifestyles during this conversation. The reason being that regardless of my personal thoughts and feelings, it would waylay the conversation, as is happening now.
The crux of this issues comes down to one thing, is the push for Gay marriage to do with rights and tolerance, or it is all about acceptance?

1. you haven't typed that you think it is a choice but that is what you think based on your other comments
2. The crux of the issue is actually about whether one believes homosexuality is a choice because I presume people would not discriminate against a person who could not or did not control his/her fate.

I did indeed type in that I think that a homosexual lifestyle is a choice for some. They seek love, affection or attention that they fail to get elsewhere or because of some other deep reason. Child abuse for example. For example how many times has been written that child abusers were often themselves abused. But I also typed it in that this does not apply to everyone.

so "some" people are born gay?

In the same way that some people are born with down syndrome, some are born blind and some are born deaf.

I am sure that will sound offensive to some, but the logic is if homosexuality is the true and natural order of things, they wouldn't last very long as a species would they?

well, I would let some others decide it that is offensive, my only point was that if you agree that a person is born a homosexual, meaning they dont have control over it, then how could the law sanction discriminating against such a person?

If you have Downs, are blind or deaf you cant get married . . .

Whether the origin of a trait/characteristic is biological ( i.e. born with it) or by choice has little to do with the law sanctioning discrimination against such a trait. Heck you even gave your own example, someone born with Downs usually isn't considered "competent" and can't enter contracts by themselves, marry with guardianship approval, etc. Same with someone born severely Autistic. Also some people are born psychotic, and if they are violently psychotic, I bet you sure want them discriminated against.

The place of birth is also not a choice. You are born an American or you might be born in Austria. Arnold Schwarzenegger is discriminated against running for PotUS by the Constitution because he was "born foreign"

And isn't religion a choice? The law clearly protects the exercise of religion and prohibits discrimination based on religion even though religion is purely a choice.

The issue is not really whether the trait discriminated against is biological or chosen. The issue is "does this trait have legitimate reasons for discrimination" or does it have no effect or reason to justify discrimination. You can legally discriminate on the basis of skin color if you are casting for a play or movie if it is obvious that skin color could effect the audience's acceptance of the character. IOW a Black George Washington just won't fly. But you can't prove that skin color affects a persons ability to function as a CPA, truck driver, or PotUS, so no discrimination allowed there.

Contrary to popular belief, discrimination is not illegal or immoral. It is only discrimination based on very specific things that is illegal and it is only discrimination based on stupid, irrelevant and illogical things that is immoral.

IMO, basing whether someone should get joint property rights, PoA in medical decisions, and health benefits based on the gender of their spouse is irrelevant, stupid and illogical.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#132 : May 16, 2013, 03:00:14 PM

You "know" it is a choice, so I assume you have made this choice. You actually thought "I know I could be homosexual but the Bible says that is wrong so I choose to be straight"?
So you are saying that you choose not to be gay? You are saying you could just as easily choose to be gay as be straight? You are admitting that you find both men and women sexually attractive but you choose to ignore the men for now? You know that if you wanted to, you could easily and readily embrace some hairy naked guy and have the night of your life but you don't ONLY because you have made a choice.

Now it all makes sense

That is assuming that all choices are made consciously.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#133 : May 16, 2013, 03:24:18 PM

Spartan, there are 2 different things here:

Being homosexual, having a predisposition to prefer or only desire those of the same gender

Acting gay/homosexual, engaging in sexual activities with someone of the same gender

You CHOOSE to act, but you don't choose to be. If a man is only attracted to other men, I highly doubt he chose that road. The choice is whether he acts on that desire or fakes it with females or remains celibate.

So IOW you are born or develop (early on) homosexual, then you choose to come out of the closet and be honest with yourself.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#134 : May 16, 2013, 08:04:20 PM

Now it all makes sense

That is assuming that all choices are made consciously.

::)

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is Vince's legal justification... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools