Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is Vince's legal justification... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#150 : May 18, 2013, 09:27:04 AM

Right on cue . The one trick pony !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#151 : May 18, 2013, 09:41:22 AM

This thread is gay.

because it chose to be gay on its 8th day

These two are so much in love.

... says the guy who follows Vince around like a puppy dog , lol.

It's so sweet.  They even finish each other's false narratives.

It's the sweat soaked unbridled passion they have for one another. Two lovers, one brain.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#152 : May 18, 2013, 10:01:47 AM

Oh the tangled webs we weave , when we practice to device.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#153 : May 18, 2013, 03:01:12 PM

Buggsy, so self conscious about his scarecrow status that he keeps throwing out the phrase "false narrative." Almost feel bad for you Buggsy, but since you  deal with your own insecurity by calling everyone else dumb ... You deserve what you get.

And there's nothing false about that narrative ...lol

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#154 : May 18, 2013, 06:17:27 PM

who would choose to be gay?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/18/18342816-deadly-greenwich-village-shooting-possible-hate-crime-police-say?lite

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#155 : May 20, 2013, 05:20:02 PM

Why am I not surprised that it is OK to offend Christians and their beliefs, but not anybody else. That there speaks volumes.

Poor, oppressed Christians. Give me a break. When the time comes that an atheist actually has a shot at winning the White House, then maybe you can sell that "Christian minority" schtick you are pushing.

BTW, last I checked, offending someone wasn't illegal, yet gay marriage is in most of the country. When Asians successfully pass legislation that nationally bans use of the word "Oriental", then perhaps you would have a true equivalency there.

are you sure that was what Spartan meant because if so it makes no sense.  Providing homosexuals with access to the benefits of marriage does not mean the local Baptist church has to agree to marry homosexuals?  Maybe I am missing something?

I am sure that's what spartan meant. He and OT have previously made the argument that gay marriage bans are simply an expression of religious freedom, and gay marriage not being banned is an infringement on it.

The point you just made is the underlying point that I was making. That being, allowing gays to marry isn't an infringement on their religious freedom because simply not banning gays from marrying isn't the same as forcing churches opposed to gay marriage to preform marriage rites for gay couples. Not a soul, gay or otherwise is pushing for this, so essentially, the support of gay marriage bans has nothing to do with an infringement on religious freedom, but rather a denying of rights to other individuals based on the fact that they find it to be offensive for religious reasons.

Vin,

CBW argued that the Christian argument holds no waeight because the only foul is that they are offeeeeeeended! I am not but hey what's in a few details. Now cast your mind back to when he recently spent pages lecturing everybody how if African Americans, Gays and Asian people deem something to be offensive then it is not up to us to say otherwise and we need to be respectful of their wishes?

The fact that you can't see a difference here is not only sad, but extremely telling. Not to mention the fact that you have deemed yourself a hypocrite as well in your own false narrative. It is okay to offend an Asian by calling them an Oriental, but not okay to offend a Christian by not banning same sex marriage? Is this the argument now, spartan? Wow. I guess the only minority that matters to you is the one that you perceive yourself as being a part of.
: May 20, 2013, 05:27:39 PM CBWx2

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#156 : May 20, 2013, 06:13:43 PM

providing gay people with the right to marry has nothing to do with religious faith or offending people of faith.  their churches are free to NOT marry homosexuals.  Weird argument, frankly.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#157 : May 21, 2013, 11:12:01 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/texas-judge-says-lesbian-couple-cant-cohabitate-cites-morality-clause-in-divorce-papers/2013/05/21/295ddd70-c26b-11e2-9642-a56177f1cdf7_story.html

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#158 : May 22, 2013, 06:04:58 AM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/21/us-usa-gay-newyork-idUSBRE94K1AS20130521
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is Vince's legal justification... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools