Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Abraham ......thanks, but no thanks, on going back to the Falcons « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: May 07, 2013, 12:01:41 AM

John Abraham | Defensive Lineman

Team:  Unsigned Free Agent

Age / DOB:   (35) / 5/6/1978

Ht / Wt:   6'4' / 263

College:  South Carolina

Contract:  view contract details

• 2013: Free Agent

Latest News/Recent News

USA Today reports the Falcons have been in contact with free agent John Abraham about re-signing, but Abraham isn't interested."[The Falcons] were told by Abraham that it's not going to happen," writes Mike Garafolo. There was reportedly a "big push from inside the Falcons locker room" to bring the 35-year-old back. Abraham is likely a bit salty after getting cut and being replaced by fellow veteran Osi Umenyiora in Atlanta. Abraham remains in talks with the Titans, but he could visit another team if a deal isn't reached.

May 6 - 9:44 PM

Source: USA Today

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 07, 2013, 12:02:35 AM

all the more reason to sign him up..... let him take out his frustrations on Ryan!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 07, 2013, 12:18:44 AM

going to the  titans

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 07, 2013, 12:41:43 AM

going to the  titans

to visit...at this stage of his career, why would he wanna sign with that crap team?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 07, 2013, 12:48:39 AM

going to the  titans

to visit...at this stage of his career, why would he wanna sign with that crap team?

Rumor has it that they are in serious discussions. And the Titans aren't a bad team. They had a very good off-season that went under the radar and really improved their o-line. I can see them getting a WC spot, especially if Locker steps it up.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 07, 2013, 01:02:45 AM

going to the  titans

Rumor has it that they are in serious discussions. And the Titans aren't a bad team. They had a very good off-season that went under the radar and really improved their o-line.
I can see them getting a WC spot, especially if Locker steps it up.

u may be the only one

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#6 : May 07, 2013, 01:26:30 AM

going to the  titans

we were 7-9 last year lol..not much better here..

Go Bucs

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 07, 2013, 01:31:40 AM

going to the  titans

Rumor has it that they are in serious discussions. And the Titans aren't a bad team. They had a very good off-season that went under the radar and really improved their o-line.

u may be the only one

They improved their o-line and secondary a lot this off-season, both of which were major weaknesses for them last year. They have a solid defense now, and CJ should have a great season running behind Warmack and Levitre. If Locker plays well, they could easily get themselves a WC spot.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 07, 2013, 01:39:22 AM

I would say the Bucs are the better team, if you comparing where he would like to sign.  Plus you have the incentive of playing the Falcons twice each season.  I think he would jump all over any offer the Bucs put out there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#9 : May 07, 2013, 03:40:14 AM

Just because hes bitter with the front office for cutting him, doesnt mean he wants revenge against his old teammates (who tried to get him back)

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 07, 2013, 05:32:10 AM

going to the  titans

u may be the only one

Are you serious?  The Titans went 9.7 and 6.10 the last two years. And they have a HOFer as their head coach.

Have you seen our record the last two years and do you know who our coach is?

The only people who think TB is a better place to play are the homers on this board. Reality is that a player with only a few years left to play doesn't want to deal with this toes on the line BS. Do you think Abrahams is going to bull rush the C on a kneel down play?

TB has become the last place free agents want to come.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucD

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 07, 2013, 05:42:29 AM

going to the  titans

u may be the only one

Are you serious?  The Titans went 9.7 and 6.10 the last two years. And they have a HOFer as their head coach.

The only people who think TB is a better place to play are the homers on this board. Reality is that a player with only a few years left to play doesn't want to deal with this toes on the line BS. Do you think Abrahams is going to bull rush the C on a kneel down play?

lol

You sound like a scorned, bitter woman.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 07, 2013, 05:50:27 AM

Scorned?  Not really.  I'm one of those pesky reality based people.

Are you really that clueless about our current situation?

Since when does 3.13 and 7.9 with the coach voted least likely to play for trump 9.7 and 6.10 and great HOF coach who treats players like men?

They won 5 more games the last 2 years and have a coach who is very highly respected for his accomplishments both on the field and as a coach.

YOU my friend are delusional.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 07, 2013, 06:08:57 AM

going to the  titans

u may be the only one

Schiano steal your lunch money when you were kids?

Yeah, only All-Pro's in the prime of their careers like Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks and Dashon Goldson will sign with the Bucs now. We can't get the likes of Greg Toler and Sean Smith....we're never going to win a Super Bowl now. Shucks.

By the way, the Titans are going to **CENSORED**ing suck unless Chris Johnson magically has an AP-like season. My roommate is from Nashville and is a huge Titans fan and thinks they have pretty much zero hope. Colts and Texans are way better than them in every area, and Titans fans do not have any hope in Jake Locker becoming a franchise quarterback. Chance Warmack is a beast, Levitre should definitely help their offensive line, but there's a reason nobody was willing to give Bernard Pollard anything more than the 1 year deal that they gave him. And Shonn Greene sucks. So it's not like they had some amazing offseason like you're talking about. The secondary should still be trash, and Kenny Britt will probably still continue to either get in trouble, be injured or be inconsistent. So they have no quarterback and no wide receivers to throw to really, but they'll have a nice run game and a solid front 7. Sounds like the Jaguars for the last 5 years.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 07, 2013, 06:14:34 AM

I disagree. I think the Titans could be a good team if Locker plays well. They really revamped that OL, they have decent WRs and they upgraded the Defense.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Abraham ......thanks, but no thanks, on going back to the Falcons « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools